• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ass Loong admitted Corrupted Abuse of Govt Media Capabilites for LEEgime GE

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2009/02/ass-loong-admitted-on-corrupted-abuse.html

<!-- Begin .post -->

Ass Loong admitted on Corrupted Abuse of Govt Media Capabilites for LEEgime

Educated Singaporeans knows that PAp LEEgime and Singapore Government are separated entities and the Tax Payers' Resources must not be Abused to cover the needs of famiLEE LEEgime or the PAp.

This was 154th Channel News Asia's HEADLINE today:

Government building capabilities to tap on new media at next GE
By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 23 February 2009 1826 hrs

It clearly indicated that the famiLEE is set to Abuse the Tax Payers' funds and media development budget for famiLEE LEEgime & to advantage of PAp in the next General Election.
I hereby congratulate the famiLEE LEEgime for their REGRESSION which is a PROGRESS In Level of CORRUPTION, after GE2006's corrupted Vote Buying via Progress Package, which is outright abuse of Tax Payers funds to bribe for votes. You filthy rotten famiLEE LEEgime are to be burnt in hell.
I declared online clearly that I will not comply with any Internet Ban during future GE after 2006. The famiLEE LEEgime then retracted their ban. Now they announced that they will use it instead of ban it like the past. That showed clearly that they FAILED to Rule the Internet, what they rule is the outdated and insignificant 154th. They know that WE are the New Media and they are being phased out & side-lined.

Ass Loong Son mentioned Obama, but Obama didn't used ANY GOVT RESOURCES to campaign online.
The foul famiLEE LEEgime is admittedly Abusing Government Resources funded by Tax Dollars to build media capabilities, NOT to be Equally Shared by ALL Political Parties of Singapore but Obviously just for his PAp and famiLEE LEEgime. He can clarify if he plan to have these newly built Media Capabilities used by opposition, tell us how are opposition going to be able to use them. Tell us how much of Tax Payers' funds is he going to Graft and Plunder for his famiLEE LEEgime's Online Propagandas!
Come Clean! Your father called it CLEANed SYSTEM, show us how CLEAN!

Government building capabilities to tap on new media at next GE
By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 23 February 2009 1826 hrs

SINGAPORE : The Singapore government is set to actively engage and leverage on the new media at the next General Election due in 2012.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said the government is already building up some capabilities. But he added there is still a place for traditional media to be the trusted source of information.

He was speaking exclusively to Channel NewsAsia's chief editor Debra Soon, on the evolving media landscape, ahead of the channel's 10th anniversary in March.

Citing the US as an example, Mr Lee noted that US President Barrack Obama's team not only put out messages on the Web during his campaign, but also operated on the Web as a means of working together, organising and raising money.

Noting that that is the way the new generation operates, Mr Lee said it is going to happen in politics too.

Already, the Singapore government has announced initiatives to relax rules governing new media.

For example, it is actively trying to engage citizens online through portals such as REACH, the government's feedback arm, as well as new media outlets such as Facebook.

Moving forward, Mr Lee said what is needed are young MPs who are comfortable with the new media landscape.

He said: "We are still learning. It is not easy to make this transition. It is like going from sea to land or vice versa, you are changing your medium and you need to get comfortable with it. But we are working hard at it."

However, Mr Lee noted there will always be a role for traditional media to present trusted, unbiased and informed opinions - even if some may feel that information generated by traditional media is rather tame compared to what is out there online.

He noted that the traditional media has seen an increase in viewership and readership, despite growth of the new media.

Mr Lee said: "Well, there is a place called the Wild West and there are other places which are not so wild. And the new media - some of it are Wild West and anything goes and people can say anything they want, and tomorrow take a completely contrary view. And well, that is just the way the medium is.

"But even in the Internet, there are places which are more considered, more moderated where people put their names down and identify themselves. And there is a debate which goes on and a give and take, which is not so rambunctious but perhaps more thoughtful. That is another range."

On the role of a news broadcaster like Channel NewsAsia, which is marking its 10th year on-air, Mr Lee said there is a need for a channel which is not wearing what he termed "Western spectacles".

He said: "We felt there was scope for perspective from Asian eyes. Not to put over an ideology or a doctrine, but just present the facts, less the Western spectacles. And I think that is what Channel NewsAsia has tried to do and with some reasonable success."

The challenge, said Mr Lee, is to be able to boil down information and present news neutrally out of Singapore. - CNA/ms

Additional CNA URL
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/410619/1/.html
Sammyboy.Com Thread

posted by uncleyap at 11:42 PM

<!-- End .post -->

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I declared online clearly that I will not comply with any Internet Ban during future GE after 2006. The famiLEE LEEgime then retracted their ban. Now they announced that they will use it instead of ban it like the past. That showed clearly that they FAILED to Rule the Internet, what they rule is the outdated and insignificant 154th. They know that WE are the New Media and they are being phased out & side-lined.

They don't rule here.

Even CCP government of Beijing also don't rule Internet like the rule PRC.

Can not beat us, they are now being forced to join us. They banned Internet in GE2006. They can no longer do that filthy trick again.:wink::cool:

Bloggers had been elected in Malaysia last year. More will be.

Bloggers are contesting in Singapore GE. More will be.

It is clear to me that political sites and blogs will be more important than party platform in the NEAR future. Blogers can contest GE without a party membership, they can jointly contest GRCs even.

Cyberspace will take over the importance of party platform in the future.

The online voices and messages is the Rapid and more Effective version of political voices in other forms including vocal.

When famiLEE LEEgime fears it Netizens it will fear the citizens in the daily life. When they are not able to handle the Netizens in the Cyberspace, they will lose in the poll, they will lose control of the street, they will be defeated via one way or another with or with election.

If Netizens posted burnt PAp, then they will find it materialized in the reality. I no longer need to prove this.

famiLEE LEEgime can not intimidate nor threaten the Netizen online nor in reality. Mr. Gopalan Nair still screwing LKy & Son online, and it is proven that their prison changed nothing. The frear is not on our part but theirs.

I will call the Blogers to print out their blogs in printed forms and sell or distribute, the proceedings may become their income or pledge to support opposition candidates starting this GE. I will reveal plans online soon.

Books publications does not need licenses.
Browers' hardcopy printings is not regulated.

famiLEE LEEgime is still holding on licenese renewal and new applications to oppositions' news letters today. Remember the lame bastards sued TND of SDP? They are unable to think of any better tricks now.

I say publish everything online and then print identical hardcopies for sale. Bind it or stapler them, these are browers' hardcopy prints, and not regulated by publication laws. :cool::rolleyes:

I will urge Mr. Gopalan Nair to authorise hardcopy publication of his blog for sale ASAP. Hope LKy & Son will like this New Media.:biggrin: