• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT service now lesser breakdowns - why sinkies don't praise and appreciate?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Has anyone noticed that recently the MRT breakdowns and delays had lessen? There are less and less complains no? When things are shit sinkies complain a lot which is understandable however when things improved there are no thank yous and praises to encourage further improvements.

My point is - are sinkies comprain kings? Only know how to give negative comments and not positive ones?

aieLKn9i4.jpeg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has anyone noticed that recently the MRT breakdowns and delays had lessen? There are less and less complains no? When things are shit sinkies complain a lot which is understandable however when things improved there are no thank yous and praises to encourage further improvements.

My point is - are sinkies comprain kings? Only know how to give negative comments and not positive ones?

View attachment 15812

You siao ah? We pay so much and you want us to thank them for delivering the minimal?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you take the NE line from Ang Mo Kio up to Kranji you will notice that the trains slow down noticeably. I notice this because I use the MRT when I go to JB. Don't know how far the slow down goes on for since I get off at Kranji.

SMRT has shutdown services 30 minutes earlier to do maintenance or I suspect to do repairs to the system from years of neglect by Ms. Saw

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its just the calm before the storm...go read jurrasic park by michael chricton....society and civilization can only impose a illusion of order and man made predictability...however under that illusion of order there's is always an underlying layer of chaos.it is only when cracks and stresses appear in the society of order that this chaos begins to manifest itself.and one chain of events leads to another and the entire system collapses.nature is chaos and chaos is nature.man cannot defy nature forever.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joe you come across like a man who won't settle for bare minimum.
And I suppose you might be more forgiving since you dun use the mrt as your main transport because you are mostly not in Singapore.

I dun suppose you give a raise or commendation to any of your employees for doing the basic bare minimum work of their job....bare in mind this worker has constantly fucked up and cost you lots and only knows how to give excuses.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe you come across like a man who won't settle for bare minimum.
And I suppose you might be more forgiving since you dun use the mrt as your main transport because you are mostly not in Singapore.

I dun suppose you give a raise or commendation to any of your employees for doing the basic bare minimum work of their job....bare in mind this worker has constantly fucked up and cost you lots and only knows how to give excuses.

Pii Narong, hahahaha you know me la. This thread social experiment again la. The worker you described would have been history buddy.

CopyCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies complain a lot but end of the day at the polling station, 60.1% still voted for the ₩ Pay and Pay, weird mentalities

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 15812

me also neber see you complain...also neber see you sing praises...so why you want to talk about sinkies :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you take the NE line from Ang Mo Kio up to Kranji you will notice that the trains slow down noticeably. I notice this because I use the MRT when I go to JB. Don't know how far the slow down goes on for since I get off at Kranji.

SMRT has shutdown services 30 minutes earlier to do maintenance or I suspect to do repairs to the system from years of neglect by Ms. Saw

You take the train from AMK station...some will stop at Yishun Station....you don't pay attention, you have to get off & wait for the next one..from Yio Chu Kang Station to Khatib....the train move at a crawl...was told that, the rails etc..are old....on certain day & time..it is a breeze to reach Kranji to catch the bus to JB..other than that..it is a CRAWL.

From Kranji to JE interchange...there are times the train stops at YEW TEE & you have to change train...so, listen to the announcement....& watch the station names as you pass...do not 100% rely on the display...sometimes they are not reliable....it says YEW TEE, you are in JE...

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asides from any satirical intent by your piece on SMRT, sinkies are truly complaint kings. This trait's also evident when outside our shores, overseas. Misplaced expectations elsewhere on efficiency etc (different benchmarks?).

Normal you only hear when things go awry. But rare for thumbs up. Like no news is good news?

Brings to mind, there's a diff between being critical and cynical. The latter, machiam no hope:p

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My point is - are sinkies comprain kings? Only know how to give negative comments and not positive ones? ...
last time dey dun breakdown so often ... dey set their standard ...

den, dey breakdown so often ... ofcos ppl comprain as it was very much worserer dan earlier ...

now, dey r trying 2 get back 2 their earlier standard ...

dey did not set a new standard wat ... praise dem 4 wat? ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You take the train from AMK station...some will stop at Yishun Station....you don't pay attention, you have to get off & wait for the next one..from Yio Chu Kang Station to Khatib....the train move at a crawl...was told that, the rails etc..are old....on certain day & time..it is a breeze to reach Kranji to catch the bus to JB..other than that..it is a CRAWL.

From Kranji to JE interchange...there are times the train stops at YEW TEE & you have to change train...so, listen to the announcement....& watch the station names as you pass...do not 100% rely on the display...sometimes they are not reliable....it says YEW TEE, you are in JE...

Nowadays there is always a jam at the causeway on the Spore side. I now waste more time on my trips to JB. PAP is not only making things expensive but also more time consuming:(