• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"President Nathan did the right thing" says Dr Lam

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, folks, were there ANY doubts at all as to him saying "No"? :rolleyes:

ST forum: Feb 19, 2009
USE OF PAST RESERVES

President Nathan did the right thing

I REFER to yesterday's report, 'Use of past reserves - Why I said yes'.

President S R Nathan has exhibited exemplary leadership at the highest level in our nation, when he exercised his independence and the authority of his office to consider and ultimately decide to draw on past reserves to resuscitate a rapidly declining economy.

Some have made the criticism that the important and unprecedented decision was taken hastily, but as Mr Nathan has clearly explained, he had at his perusal all the essential information he needed, with access to the objective and professional advice of members of the Council of Presidential Advisers.

There is no empirical evidence to show that the more time taken to arrive at a decision, the better its outcome. It is contingent on the circumstances of each situation and, in this case, 11 days was not too short a time to arrive at the decision. A prolonged and wavering process would have done untold damage to the economy.

This draw on past reserves to fund the Jobs Credit scheme and the Special Risk- sharing Initiative are no panacea for our economic problems and probably much more will need to be done.

But this by no means indicates that it was a wrong decision by the President. To use a metaphor, we are only a small boat in a stormy sea and, while we can try to strengthen our sails to the best of our ability, much depends on the weather ahead over which, sadly, we have little control.

Dr Edmund Lam

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course it no wrong to draw on the reserve............ but why draw on reserve when we can easily have 5 billion to draw upon , when GIC and THolding made a blunder of investing more then US$24 biliion in US bank!

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has also no emperical evidence that he made the decision just because he said so.

He was not an elected President, what exemplary leadership, what did you know about the CPAs? Will he able to submit top questions on how he arrives the decision besides giving confidence to the current government?

Did he ever open his mouth on matters relating to Mas case, Temasick, GIC losses?

he prez? he looks and acts more and more like PrataMan

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
He did the right thing. You Singaporeans are lucky and blessed to be under his divine wisdom and leadership.

Seriously, folks, were there ANY doubts at all as to him saying "No"? :rolleyes:

USE OF PAST RESERVES

President S R Nathan has exhibited exemplary leadership at the highest level in our nation, when he exercised his independence and the authority of his office to consider and ultimately decide to draw on past reserves to resuscitate a rapidly declining economy.

Some have made the criticism that the important and unprecedented decision was taken hastily, but as Mr Nathan has clearly explained, he had at his perusal all the essential information he needed, with access to the objective and professional advice of members of the Council of Presidential Advisers.

There is no empirical evidence to show that the more time taken to arrive at a decision, the better its outcome. It is contingent on the circumstances of each situation and, in this case, 11 days was not too short a time to arrive at the decision. A prolonged and wavering process would have done untold damage to the economy.

This draw on past reserves to fund the Jobs Credit scheme and the Special Risk- sharing Initiative are no panacea for our economic problems and probably much more will need to be done.

But this by no means indicates that it was a wrong decision by the President. To use a metaphor, we are only a small boat in a stormy sea and, while we can try to strengthen our sails to the best of our ability, much depends on the weather ahead over which, sadly, we have little control.

Dr Edmund Lam

golden

Alfrescian
Loyal
can someone tell us who are the President's Advisors?
if they are appointed by PAP, can they give independent advise?

r they paid a monthly salary and how much?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
S

President S R Nathan has exhibited exemplary leadership at the highest level in our nation, when he exercised his independence and the authority of his office

I wonder Dr Lam managed to type this with a straight face!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder Dr Lam managed to type this with a straight face!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

He can!, after all, he would not bite the hands that fed him, won't he?, he would not be, so ungrateful right!?. Even it pricks his concience, he still can type with a straight face, after all his bank account is going through a golden period.

You bet!, he can type with a straight face!!:smile:

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal

USE OF PAST RESERVES

Dr Edmund Lam

For that amount of money we pay why do we have a small boat when its supposed to be an all weather submarine?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

By staying on without even an election, he has already damaged the integrity of his Office.

That "President" of ours is a sad case, and he himself is a sad person. I won't even want to comment on Dr. Lam's letter.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
By staying on without even an election, he has already damaged the integrity of his Office.

That "President" of ours is a sad case, and he himself is a sad person. I won't even want to comment on Dr. Lam's letter.

What an incredible TOAD that bastard LKY placed in the Istana.

Paid for by $$$ LKY sucked from us

And $$ to that Lam balls carrier.

I feel like puking at this public display of toads back rubbing.

Sinkies must organise themselves

Show that they got balls and can stand up to LKY intimidation.

Big money at stake.

Already 400++ billions got sucked and bled by LKY into his Temasick and GIC

EVEN IF NO ELECTIONS, SINKIES MUST SPEAK WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND ALL THEY KNOW

STAND UP TO THAT BASTARD LKY AND PAP BLOODSUCKERS

STAND WITH ALL THOSE THAT FIGHT BASTARD LKY

OR STAND UP YOURSELF IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY

DONT BE BULLIED BY THAT FUCKING COWARD LKY USING HIS CORRUPT KANGAROO COURTS

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it this Dr. Edmund Lam, http://www.compass.org.sg/cIndex83.aspx , he must one of the 66.6%, who enjoys watching 'mong kar cheng hi', otherwise known in English as Puppet shows, aka "Punch & Judy". The version here is "Hairy & Darly (politically correct term)"..ha ha ha:biggrin:

In an interview with the Straits Times he acknowledge knowing that there are unhappiness about his performance.

Howerer. he regards the feedbacks and criticisms from the people as "noises" to be ignored.

Uncle remembers hearing the very same words from Goh Chok Tong.

Maybe he should have the guts to stand for elections so that we have the opportunity to show how lowly we think of him.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

USE OF PAST RESERVES

Dr Edmund Lam
Aiyah talk so much cock for what....end of the day two word sums it up, Nathan is a "YES MAN".

Sangrawi

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can Nathan have all the essential information when he does not know the size of the reserves?

It would be like saying I need to draw money from my bank account because I have an emergency but I don't know how much I have in my bank account in the first place.

Just does not make sense.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prataman is shameless. He just doesn't have the guts to admit that he is just a Yes-Dog to Lee-Con-You!

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can Nathan have all the essential information when he does not know the size of the reserves?

It would be like saying I need to draw money from my bank account because I have an emergency but I don't know how much I have in my bank account in the first place.

Just does not make sense.

He knows but he is not telling just like the emperor without cloth, he is 'intelligent' but he is not showing. :-)

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its always people with second rate degrees and so so careers that try to porlumpar with the PAP in order to get a few scraps off the table. Fucking embarrassing and disgusting, just like watching SCAT movies.