• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

travel pics quiz thread

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
#4 Greece. Too many strays, and a semi circle Greek theatre. Not Roman style
#15 Venice. I recognize the flag and the facade. The floor was fixed after water damage.
#16 Luxembourg. The bridge and the modern building.
#17-18 Spain? In Euro, with the 1 written like German but people which do not look like Germans :biggrin: The words in Catalon? No. More like Spanish. So, it is not Barcelona. Correction, it is the Boqueria Market in Barcelona. The lamps look the same my photos.

#1-3 Italia.

Guests wait here to go to the Sound of Music tour.

dwarf-garden-4.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ESND, boss Sam see your photos sure steam steam shout "angmohs are the best"

all pics taken with iphone. they get onto icloud via wi-fi access, and i see them on my ipad in the comfort of a chair right away. with the new mac os (yosemite) and ios 8 coming up this year, i can see and manage them on all 3 devices (macbook, ipad, iphone) seamlessly and can talk and message from the macbook as though it behaves like the iphone. i can also use the ipad like an iphone. all devices will tether to the iphone and automatically turn it into a mobile hotspot if wi-fi is not available. i can also record a voice or video message on imessage. plus a lot of app friendly improvements. apple is da bestest! :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
#4 Greece. Too many strays, and a semi circle Greek theatre. Not Roman style
#15 Venice. I recognize the flag and the facade. The floor was fixed after water damage.
#16 Luxembourg. The bridge and the modern building.
#17-18 Spain? In Euro, with the 1 written like German but people which do not look like Germans :biggrin: The words in Catalon? No. More like Spanish. So, it is not Barcelona. Correction, it is the Boqueria Market in Barcelona. The lamps look the same my photos.

#1-3 Italia.

pretty good.
4. correct. acropolis in athens.
15. correct.
16. correct. the old city center by the river plus modern buildings in the background (on a plateau behind the city).
17-18. correct. words in catalan. it's the boqueria market in barcelona.

1. florence.
2. vatican.
3. inside the pantheon in rome.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
24 no idea

25 -ionic columns... trees on left looks familiar. ancient olympia? But the hill on the right looks different. The style of ionic is more roman than greek.

26 - in athens where the soldiers in skirts and goofy shoes perform hourly. Wait a minute, the words are greek, but it could be in Turkey as well. These greek text are not next to modern day marble wall. Cannot be at Constitution Square in athens. Cannot be on Leonidas monument in thermopylae.

27 - one of the 4 most important centres of ancient greece - the boat leaves from mykonos. Only Delphi is more sacred than this island

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
24. turtle bay, oahu.
25. fertility eggs were associated with artemis. where was the temple of artemis, and why was the place such a popular pilgrimage for ancient mediterranean travelers? ephesus.
26. that's greek, and the place is ephesus.
27. you're close when you mentioned mykonos. delos is only a boat ride from mykonos.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
24. turtle bay, oahu.
25. fertility eggs were associated with artemis. where was the temple of artemis, and why was the place such a popular pilgrimage for ancient mediterranean travelers? ephesus.
26. that's greek, and the place is ephesus.
27. you're close when you mentioned mykonos. delos is only a boat ride from mykonos.

Of course, it has to be Ephesus! I failed my History in school, so I should be doing fine. :biggrin:

I remember Artemis's tits. She is the Diana of the Greek world.

artemis_ephesus.jpg

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ESND, you've been to the Scandinavians? Wifey was asking me whats famous there and when I saw showed her the clip of the Northern Lights, she was sexcited :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bergen and norwegian fjords in summer. more sexciting! :biggrin:
Bergen can be a wet place to be. Ski in mountains (less atas and touristy than Alps) is bagus. Amazing small kids snowboard (1 piece). And midsummers night parties, with never setting sun upsetting your hormonal balances (0300 never gets dark).

Guess norge blondes gave you a pass? Of 5 mill, surely at least 1 wantd to do an exotic ex-sinkie? :p In downtown Oslo, AkerBrygge is the place to be -with former docks masquerading now as restaurants/pubs

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guess norge blondes gave you a pass? Of 5 mill, surely at least 1 wantd to do an exotic ex-sinkie? :p In downtown Oslo, AkerBrygge is the place to be -with former docks masquerading now as restaurants/pubs

her name is røkesild, otherwise known as rød sild. :p

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This thread deserved a revival and a sticky :biggrin:

And please tell me where that place is in post #33...