• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We migrated for our kids so that they will be successful ....

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, what is a successful person?

Watch online here,
http://www.sbs.com.au/insight/episode/overview/602/Pushing-for-Success#.UzGgzp8Z5J8

Transcript here.
http://www.sbs.com.au/insight/episode/transcript/602/Pushing-for-Success

My advice to migrants, stick around happy people. Stay in an environment that give you options.
Success for our kids is when they grow up, they are happy people who contribute to family, society and country. These people have choices in lives, they have objectives in life and do things that interest them. They do not let their jobs define them.

That, to me, is success.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great theory, but should know where to squat too.

Squat among angry people then they grow up to be like them.

Squat with m&d can use them for cheap labour.

Squat with clever people like the angmoh, they make you cheap labours.

Not all migrating ideas to places are good options either.

Watch online here,
http://www.sbs.com.au/insight/episode/overview/602/Pushing-for-Success#.UzGgzp8Z5J8

Transcript here.

My advice to migrants, stick around happy people. Stay in an environment that give you options.
Success for our kids is when they grow up, they are happy people who contribute to family, society and country. These people have choices in lives, they have objectives in life and do things that interest them. They do not let their jobs define them.

That, to me, is success.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great theory, but should know where to squat too.

Squat among angry people then they grow up to be like them.

Squat with m&d can use them for cheap labour.

Squat with clever people like the angmoh, they make you cheap labours.

Not all migrating ideas to places are good options either.

I was given this advice, do not "squat" with Singaporean migrants. That is why I am here in this forum :biggrin:
You can squat with Malaysians, but just ignore their cheapo ideas carried over from Mudland, like not paying for proper insurance , etc ...

I was lucky too. Networking is important here. But it is also a double-edged sword.
You can never get rich by following the laws to the Singapore standard, because you will end up like the masses, worse, like Singaporeans - the most unhappy people in planet Earth :biggrin:

I remember this incident that happened in Singapore, a Singaporean and a Australian had their work contracts cancelled due to section closing down. The NUS-trained Singaporean went away quietly but the Aussie went to look for an influential mate and later both confronted the HR director (a Malaysian-Canadian). there was a shouting match but the Aussie went away happily with the bank paying out the remaining of his contract.

This is the kind of spirit that Singaporeans despised about Angmoh FTs in Singapore, because Singaporeans will want to stop the "larrikans" from sticking their heads out too much.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bravo ! To me a success is to have a CHOICE, in doing whatever you are doing..

I wouldn't stick around in a well, completely restricted, confined and lack of freedom.

Success also reflects on your happiness in life.. Not necessary equates to how much you earn..

Watch online here,

Transcript here.

That, to me, is success.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Watch online here,

Transcript here.

That, to me, is success.

taking advice from an rapist ah neh. bloody disgusting.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks Neddy, that is a very good program.

One of the stresses of high achieving kids is how they need to deal with bullying from sour grapes who try to hurt and disparage them by saying a lot of rubbish. As migrants, we need to have the skills to take over stuff their under-developed minds cannot handle and to strengthen their EQs.
And kids learn quickly too.

Our ultimate goal is to make sure they have choices in life and not despair and damage themselves when they hit problems.

When I started work in a dyfunctional company in OZ, I need to get out quick and that is why choices became important. I have a chance to prove myself in a short time and a few managers want to "grab" me.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what I have been trying to do since I've been here. Its still a long progress, willing to stick up, out, and get what you want. I see a lot of new immigrants doing that, not just from Singapore, keeping low-profile, quiet doing their jobs here. Everytime I stick my head out, I get rewards, sometimes, it takes 1 year, 8 months, but in the end it works out much much better then expected. I think its something a lot of people have to be willing to do first.

I was given this advice, do not "squat" with Singaporean migrants. That is why I am here in this forum :biggrin:
You can squat with Malaysians, but just ignore their cheapo ideas carried over from Mudland, like not paying for proper insurance , etc ...

I was lucky too. Networking is important here. But it is also a double-edged sword.
You can never get rich by following the laws to the Singapore standard, because you will end up like the masses, worse, like Singaporeans - the most unhappy people in planet Earth :biggrin:

I remember this incident that happened in Singapore, a Singaporean and a Australian had their work contracts cancelled due to section closing down. The NUS-trained Singaporean went away quietly but the Aussie went to look for an influential mate and later both confronted the HR director (a Malaysian-Canadian). there was a shouting match but the Aussie went away happily with the bank paying out the remaining of his contract.

This is the kind of spirit that Singaporeans despised about Angmoh FTs in Singapore, because Singaporeans will want to stop the "larrikans" from sticking their heads out too much.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I stick my head out to piss off the mudlanders n hokkeins n ah tiongs n taiwanese...so not really liked by them...

This is what I have been trying to do since I've been here. Its still a long progress, willing to stick up, out, and get what you want. I see a lot of new immigrants doing that, not just from Singapore, keeping low-profile, quiet doing their jobs here. Everytime I stick my head out, I get rewards, sometimes, it takes 1 year, 8 months, but in the end it works out much much better then expected. I think its something a lot of people have to be willing to do first.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am learning all the time. My angmoh colleagues are beginning to accept this new tall poppy.
They are not able to relate to my style of working, some of them are quite dense.

I have to be careful because Singaporeans tend to be more critical and talk in style that the angmoh cannot relate to because of their lack of exposure. So, they tend to gang up and pull me down to size. That is why I have spies working for me so I can keep them in check. I am looking for opportunities to get rid of the problematic ones.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am learning all the time. My angmoh colleagues are beginning to accept this new tall poppy.
They are not able to relate to my style of working, some of them are quite dense.

I have to be careful because Singaporeans tend to be more critical and talk in style that the angmoh cannot relate to because of their lack of exposure. So, they tend to gang up and pull me down to size. That is why I have spies working for me so I can keep them in check. I am looking for opportunities to get rid of the problematic ones.

Wah in Aussieland still playing mega office politiks.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah in Aussieland still playing mega office politiks.

OZ can afford to play this type of politics because we are a lucky country, nothing can bring us down. Singapore is like sampan, easy to rock. OZ is like a ocean container ship, hard to rock.
Over the last 15 years, just when I thought the country is finished, something will happen to save it.
Usually, the saviour comes from Asia.

It is a Dutch disease. It is mining resources, the oil, the gas, the uraniam. Then we have land, sea and English speaking super power friend.

But we are not suffering from Europe or America problems because OZ continent is next to Asia.

The Angmo are smart to squat on this land and become lazy.

You just dig, grow or catch things - sk the people have a lot of time to play politics.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.transitioning.org/2013/1...s-work-experience-replaced-by-foreign-talent/

in aussie, angmo cover other angmo ass. in sinkie, sinkie also cover angmo companies ass!

Ah neh do the same. I told my Kiwi friend not to employ too many, because ah neh will stick together to bring him down. True enough. But ah neh forgot that they function best in 3rd world country and soon their stubbornness means that they cannot reach higher level - one ah neh was stressed to attempt suicide because he want to raise above the rest by going against them. That is after they ganghug to get rid of me.

Now, my previous workplace, angmo fighting angmo because of rationalisation. Too bad I am not there to add oil to the fire. It will be fun to watch. But like what I put here, if you are good, people know. I was fed up because I need to get a bank loan but the bank refuse to accept my rental income and I have enough equity to support the loan.

Then, I received a call. Am I interested to take up this role?
The angmos watch silently when I was ousted, but if you have a right attitude and can do the job, and a good mate, they will do something for you. It is fortunate that Perth workplace are filled with people who are too foggy for the jobs they do.

The trouble is when angmos are not up to the jobs they do, they stick together like a mini union to give each other support. But they are not cohesive and they will backstab each others. These people have not much choices in life if they lose their jobs.

A lesson for PAP, why Anton was kicked out of Singapore. He made fun of a people who are shortcharged and stuck with limited choices in life. And Loong is there laughing away at the dumb action 'of the few internet ruffians'

Oh, there is one survival among the ah neh, he got the $250k a year job. But fhe rest are dispersed to cause trouble elsewhere.

Last edited:

I0wnedSIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banning of opposition voices. Typical game plan of pap ib dogs.

The general unwritten rule in this forum is that any attempts to copy members nicks by adding, removing or changing alphabetical or numerical characters for the sole purpose of shit stirring will not be tolerated and will get a ban if the member files a complaint. It also shows what kind of sore loser u are. :biggrin:

Last edited: