• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Independent Blamed PAP For Singapore Merciless Society

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

lets face the reality that Singapore is a merciless society with no compassion all because of PAP.

Low on compassion, high on pragmatism

Worse, the new immigrants they’re inviting in by the planeload are perpetuating the same kind of behavior — after generations of struggling to survive in their home countries. How do I know that? My personal experience has shown that Singapore men and women give up their seats on trains and buses 90–95 per cent of the time to pregnant women, old people or the physically disabled. Immigrants’ inability to absorb English means that most of the public transport propaganda is lost on them.

Pragmatism — the PAP political philosophy — cannot be simply discarded because three whole generations of citizens have been weaned on it. Singapore society is paying the price for this, and we’re ugly because of it. Those of us who were raised on values other than pragmatism have no problem showing kindness and compassion to others.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

lets face the reality that Singapore is a merciless society with no compassion all because of PAP.

That's not true because if the early generations were high on compassion, they would not have returned the PAP to power in the first place.

The PAP arrested more than 100 unionists and politicians just weeks before the 1963 election. It was a shocking and blatant abuse of power. Instead of showing their disapproval of such actions by voting against the PAP, they voted overwhelmingly in support of the PAP thus legitimising the thuggish behavior of LKY and his cronies.

The PAP has not caused lack of compassion. The PAP simply takes advantage of its absence in Sinkie society to retain power in each election.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP arrested more than 100 unionists and politicians just weeks before the 1963 election. It was a shocking and blatant abuse of power. Instead of showing their disapproval of such actions by voting against the PAP, they voted overwhelmingly in support of the PAP thus legitimising the thuggish behavior of LKY and his cronies.

To be exact, the people did not overwhelmingly vote PAP by returning a-third of MPs from the Barisan. It was the Barisan that boycotted their seats, a lesson still in the mind of today's opposition parties. 1963 remains the lowest % of seats and votes till this day.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
To be exact, the people did not overwhelmingly vote PAP by returning a-third of MPs from the Barisan. It was the Barisan that boycotted their seats, a lesson still in the mind of today's opposition parties. 1963 remains the lowest % of seats and votes till this day.

The Barisan won only 13 seats.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Service to self (pragmatism, utilitarianism) and service to others (compassion, empathy) are incompatible ideologies. You can only have either one.

If you want more of one, you'll have to let go of, or sacrifice, more of the other. There is no other way.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Service to self (pragmatism, utilitarianism) and service to others (compassion, empathy) are incompatible ideologies. You can only have either one.

If you want more of one, you'll have to let go of, or sacrifice, more of the other. There is no other way.

When I was young I found the Malays to be the most compassionate and the Chinese to be the most pragmatic. I don't know the situation now but I would assume it is still the case.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some changes. The Malays play football (or more accurately, soccer), the Chinese bet on the outcome of the matches.

Cheers!

When I was young I found the Malays to be the most compassionate and the Chinese to be the most pragmatic. I don't know the situation now but I would assume it is still the case.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still the same. m&ds brain simple (Tao Nao Kan Tan), Cinas too busy making money, Ah Nehs too busy getting drunk.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's not true because if the early generations were high on compassion, they would not have returned the PAP to power in the first place.

The PAP has not caused lack of compassion. The PAP simply takes advantage of its absence in Sinkie society to retain power in each election.

The people of that generation, saw that the old PAP comrades, were genuine in looking after them & they gave their all behind these people, the work hard, to build this nation. Without these people support, even though many hated them. It was the people that made the government....but the PAP had grown into a monster.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Worse, the new immigrants they’re inviting in by the planeload are perpetuating the same kind of behavior — after generations of struggling to survive in their home countries. How do I know that? My personal experience has shown that Singapore men and women give up their seats on trains and buses 90–95 per cent of the time to pregnant women, old people or the physically disabled. Immigrants’ inability to absorb English means that most of the public transport propaganda is lost on them.

]Pragmatism — the PAP political philosophy — cannot be simply discarded because three whole generations of citizens have been weaned on it. Singapore society is paying the price for this, and we’re ugly because of it. Those of us who were raised on values other than pragmatism have no problem showing kindness and compassion to others.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can thank the PAP for educating generations of people that lack compassion for they themselves are not & would not, & still cannot!!. The attitude is I have to pay, I pay for my seat & space...you are pregnant, old & disable...bad luck!, I pay for the cleaners for it is already in the cost, why should I return the food trays..& so forth...

The chicken lay that egg, that produces that chicken, who lay that....it is the PAP that lack compassion!

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depends on which god you worship.

Kuan Yin, the goddess of mercy?

or

Kuan Yew, the god of no mercy?

kuanyiyew.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did enjoy living in Sinking land in the past. Got friends, got families and relatives. Everything also can cham siong. Now leh? Last time CNY is really like CNY. Now leh? I am just a minority stranger in my own country. KNN.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

and so.. the pioneer generation were the ones who sold out singapore. and PAP is so farking happy to dish out $8bill of public $$ to seal their mouth?