• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Medal recommended for hero cop who hid in ambulance during Little India Riot

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Little India Riot: The police officer who braved the odds

ASP Tang agreed and said, “We are not trained, not equipped.”

In his closing remarks, Mr Selvam said that if he could, he would recommend a medal to ASP Tang for his actions that night.

That basically sums it all up. Our police force is not trained, not equipped, so why the fuck we need them for? To collect pay?

Yes, please go ahead, give the man a medal.

Not equipped, but got riot shield in car and standard issue baton. When riot police come down, they use what? Samurai sword? Also use riot shield and baton right? Only difference is in the riot police armour. So is the ASP trying to say that they are unable to take on civilian rioters because they no armour?

Last edited:

kapkia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL..LOL..LOL..

Mat Land keling kia telling everyone he's like one fucking Robo Cop by claiming to single handedly arresting 4 Ah Neh rioters.. And funny thing is, the COI member Gong Kia Andrew Chua believed every word of this Keling.. Kelings tend to exaggerate things..

Fair to say if a Keling tell you grandmother heroic stories, just believe 10% of his story..

They exist !!!

[video=youtube;GDH-vwVCKdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDH-vwVCKdU[/video]

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
blame alcohol. blame communication. blame anything under the sun. blame anything that move. but dont blame yourself or your master.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That basically sums it all up. Our police force is not trained, not equipped, so why the fuck we need them for? To collect pay?

Yes, please go ahead, give the man a medal.

Not equipped, but got riot shield in car and standard issue baton. When riot police come down, they use what? Samurai sword? Also use riot shield and baton right? Only difference is in the riot police armour. So is the ASP trying to say that they are unable to take on civilian rioters because they no armour?
lee-hsien-loong-2010-7-9-15-34-52.jpg

And donch you peasants dare ask me where has the money gone! Catch me if you can! *chey*

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there is a need to reward one, there must also be a need to punish one. The ASP is to get a medal, surely there is one who should get chopped.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would recommend him for a medal if he had got the 4 cisco guards to fire warning shots. That he refused to, show how gutless he was.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He could not use the radio sets as the air wave was jammed with calls for backup by other police officers. His phone too failed to work.

What coincidence!

How much are we spending on the SPF? Basic communication equipment can't work during crisis ...what a joke!
And what kind of phone was he issued?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Assistant Superintendent of Police $3,710.00 - $4,470.00

That's not alot of money he earns.

He just might get promoted because he covered up for his bosses who gave instructions not to use firearms.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What coincidence!

How much are we spending on the SPF? Basic communication equipment can't work during crisis ...what a joke!
And what kind of phone was he issued?

I do not know you and your friends so rich that you guys own a police force???:biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are told what to say in the COI in a script and remember by hard. What else can come good from PAP cronies.

Cant imagine he can say he assume this and that? Unbelievable fair tale.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But hor, I have a question for you... Why the Thailand police so good as what you say cannot stop the riots which happen for the pass few months BUT the lousy Singapore Police disperse the rioters in 3 to 4 hours and they never reform??? You looking at result or you are more interested in the process???:rolleyes:

Do you even have half a brain? I m glad you are an ex cop.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Little India Riot: The police officer who braved the odds

Committee member, Mr Andrew Chua Thiam Chwee, brought up the story of Certis Cisco officer Srisivasangkar A/L Subramaniam, who testified earlier that day, that he had arrested four Indian foreign workers for throwing bottles by grabbing them from behind, one at a time and handing the arrested to the police officers.

Mr Chua said Mr Srisivasangkar went into the crowd and arrested the rioters despite being equipped with a revolver and a baton and stopped arresting rioters only because his supervisor told him it was too dangerous to continue to do so.

ASP Tang could not comment on this as he did not see this himself on that night, he said.

On the point of the police being grossly outnumbered by the number of rioters. Former police commissioner, Mr Tee Tua Ba said that the Police Tactical Troops – which make up the SOC – only consist of 20 persons per troop and yet are still able to handle a crowd of two hundred and said it “is not the numbers, it is the training”. ASP Tang agreed and said, “We are not trained, not equipped."

The CISCO officer should be commended for his bravery and sense of duty in making the arrests. We need more officers like him. Sack all the other cowards.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The CISCO officer should be commended for his bravery and sense of duty in making the arrests. We need more officers like him. Sack all the other cowards.

Agree. Brave chap. Could be a Malaysian chap though. CISCO hires many from up north. Brave S'porean was officer from Traffic.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My mother never bought such a nice water bottle for me when I was in primary school. :(

She only bought one of those water bottles shaped like a robot, you turn the spherical head one side, the 'mouth' opens and a hard plastic drinking straw sticks out. There was also a sling strap and you could put it over your shoulder and carry the water bottle like a handbag.

Something like this, but the body is wider and transparent.

BPZIV00019_1.JPG