• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Asshole Doctor Koh says elite students will melt without aircon

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of aircon, why can't MOE allocate funds to school to build lift, ramps and handicap toilets for students on wheelchair? There a handicap student in my kid cohort and I often see the mom struggle to get the wheelchair down the steps and push the wheelchair out of the school via the driveway which is dangerous and a roundabout way as she live on the other side of the school. And because of no lift, so the her class stuck on the groundfloor till psle. I been to the school many times but I dun remember seeing a handicap toilet. I wonder how the handicap kid can access the school facilities that are not on the ground floor.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Koh heats up air-con debate

By Tessa Wong My Paper
Friday , Feb 07 , 2014
Telling schools to cut down on air-conditioned classrooms is akin to "removing air-conditioning in A-class (hospital) wards to keep the C-class patients less envious", said Dr Koh Poh Koon.
The former PAP candidate for Punggol East was criticising the recent Education Ministry directive to schools with air-conditioned classrooms to install fans and use air-con only when necessary.
Writing on his Facebook page, Dr Koh said: "Instead of making it comfortable for all students, we have decided to make it equally uncomfortable for everyone... We must not be tempted to ensure equality in society by pulling down those at the top."
He added: "I hope we will...not be populist in our policies."
Speaking later to MyPaper, Dr Koh clarified that he had nothing against reducing air-con usage in schools if it was meant to save energy. But if the intent was about "making it a so-called level playing field, then it's really creating equal misery".
The former student of the now-defunct MacRitchie Primary School, Maris Stella High School and Hwa Chong Junior College pointed out that many public places like libraries, as well as buses, are air-conditioned, as are many homes.
"So should most Singaporeans not use air-con too?" he asked.
By using air-con as a signifier of elitism, "we are equating it with outward materialism and opulence. But I don't need air-con to be a snob. Elitism is a mindset."
[email protected]
(http://epaper.mypaper.sg/emnd/fvxen/fvxp/fvxpress.ph
Elite school student(s):
wsm.jpg

elitism.2.jpg

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank goodness the residents of Punggol East had better sense than to vote in this excrement of a human being.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cb Kia really got a kar chng for brain.... Best suited to be a MIW as all of them like to use their backside to think and talk.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tis burger shud gif up being a politician n stick 2 peering in2 ars*hol*s ...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A good ceiling fan is far more comfy than aircon likewise a mp from humble background is more worthy than one from ivy league

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Been a while since my school days but during my time the schools had to approach the parents for donations if they wanted to install ceiling fans in the classrooms. Some classrooms didn't even have fans & it wasn't a problem because schools were designed with better ventilation e.g. classrooms had many windows & multiple doors, the upper walls had holes to allow air to circulate.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next thing the gahment will ask companies to install fans in office rather than aircon. Why don't they start with the PM office first!!