• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

【COMMUNITY SERVICE】 Australian Registered Migration Agent - Free Initial Assessment

Heavanel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 【COMMUNITY SERVICE】 Australian Registered Migration Agent - Free Initial Assessme

I know you can do it by yourself, but I'm on skilled plus sponsored that time and really no time to look thru those piles of application forms (excuses) lol.
But I'm doing it myself now for my parents and all went well.
Yes if you have the time and patient, better do it yourself to save the $$ as can see now they really charge arms and legs.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 【COMMUNITY SERVICE】 Australian Registered Migration Agent - Free Initial Assessme

there is a thread on migration to Australia over at HWZ.

more than welcome if you can contribute to that thread as well.
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...rated-australia-lip-lai-part-2-a-4361447.html

btw, i have also completed my graduate cert in Aus Migration law. Registering soon...

888Migration

Alfrescian (S)

It is like an ignorant person going to Sim Lim Square or Far East Plaza, getting conned and paying 3-4 times market price for a phone. if he or she had done some research, knew the market price and where the legit sellers are, then they will not be cheated by unscrupulous operators.

For the benefit of all here who are intending to use agents, you can find the average fees charged by migration agents published by MARA:
https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/working-with-your-agent/agent-fees/

888Migration

Alfrescian (S)

To add on, I will give out a bit of industry secrets..... :

1. Fees are also determined by the complexity of the individual's case and the number of applicants included in the same application.

2. Inexperienced agents are expected to charge lower fees. To determine how experienced an agent is, look at the first 2 digits of their MARA number. That will indicate the year they first got registered. Even though I worked as an intern agent from 2005 to 2008, I was first registered in Feb 2008, so my MARA number is 0848199. In my opinion, it takes about 5 years for an agent to be considered experienced if they have been working in a medium sized firm, more if they are solo practitioners.

3. However having mentioned the above, it doesn't mean that the older the MARA number, the better the agent. This is because older agents did not have such stringent registration requirements as agents after mid-2000s when MARA tightened it's regulation of the industry. While agents who were already registered were allowed to keep their registration, new agents must complete a Post Graduate course in Migration Certificate and go through many selection phases before they are allowed to work in the industry.

888Migration

Alfrescian (S)

4. Beware of operators who run their 'agencies' from countries other than Australia. They are not regulated by MARA.

5. Many of them claim that they are 'affiliated' with registered agents in Australia. However, the operators themselves are not registered agents. Unless you deal direct with the MARA registered agent, you'd never know what service you are going to get.

6. Going through an non registered 'agency' like the one mentioned above will only increase your costs. It is common sense. They need to take a cut too.

888Migration

Alfrescian (S)

7. If someone offers to get you an Australian visa without even assessing your personal circumstances and presenting you with a migration plan, you are best to avoid it.

8. If someone offers you an Australian visa for an unrealistic fee (too cheap or too expensive), you are best to avoid it.

9. Like any other industry, you have to understand the Market Theory of Lemons. Good things don't come cheap and cheap things don't come good.

Last edited:

888Migration

Alfrescian (S)

there is a thread on migration to Australia over at HWZ.

more than welcome if you can contribute to that thread as well.
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...rated-australia-lip-lai-part-2-a-4361447.html

btw, i have also completed my graduate cert in Aus Migration law. Registering soon...

Welcome to the industry. Email me if you want to chat or need any help.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indeed, that is where they all went wrong. They don't even have a copy of the final application that was send in, so they don't even know who is their registered agent!.

4. Beware of operators who run their 'agencies' from countries other than Australia. They are not regulated by MARA.

5. Many of them claim that they are 'affiliated' with registered agents in Australia. However, the operators themselves are not registered agents. Unless you deal direct with the MARA registered agent, you'd never know what service you are going to get.

6. Going through an non registered 'agency' like the one mentioned above will only increase your costs. It is common sense. They need to take a cut too.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro... do you work on Saturday? i need to casual chat with you a bit regarding my friend. If feasible, i can ask my friend to go thru you for his requirements.

But weekday, I am working in the city, so no chance to meet up. I am available on weekend.

888Migration

Alfrescian (S)

bro... do you work on Saturday? i need to casual chat with you a bit regarding my friend. If feasible, i can ask my friend to go thru you for his requirements.

But weekday, I am working in the city, so no chance to meet up. I am available on weekend.

Sure. I work on Saturdays. Give me a call at 08-9316 8899 during normal working hours to confirm when you are coming.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal

cool. I'll let you know by tomorrow or friday if I can come around. Thanks, mate!

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

Welcome to the industry. Email me if you want to chat or need any help.

thanks... must learn from the old gurus in this field.

but i can do only part time as i have full time job.