• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AMK 赌神 uses stool to fight off vicious chopper attack!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ang Mo Kio market drama: Man fends off slasher with stool

amkslashing_main.jpg

Benjamin LimThe New Paper
Monday, Jan 20, 2014

THE DRAMA

SINGAPORE - The cook said he was buying frozen food at an Ang Mo Kio stall when he heard a shout from behind him: "You don't repay the money you owe me, I'll kill you."

But before Mr Oh Teck Kui could react, he felt a sharp pain on his right arm.

He said that blood gushed from his arm as he turned around and saw a man he knew brandishing a chopper.

The man, Mr Oh's one-time gambling buddy, was allegedly attacking him.

"I had nothing to protect myself with, so I blocked the next blow with my left hand and got slashed on the index finger," said Mr Oh, 47, in Mandarin from his bed at Khoo Teck Puat hospital last night.

The drama unfolded at about 10.45am on Thursday at Ang Mo Kio 628 Market, and Mr Oh said he owed his life to a stool he used to block the attacks.

He said his first instinct when he was attacked was to run. But he realised quickly that he would not make it.

"I was afraid that I would lose consciousness and the attacker would hurt my wife," said Mr Oh, whose wife, Madam Angela Loh, 46, had accompanied him on his marketing trip.

So he turned around and grabbed a stool to fend off his assailant's attacks.

Mr Oh then wrestled the attacker to the floor between the market and the hawker centre.

He claimed that while they were struggling, the man repeatedly poked his back with the blade of the chopper.

Meanwhile, Madam Loh kept shouting for help.

She claimed the scuffle went on for about 10 to 15 minutes.

She also said that although there was a group of onlookers, no one tried to intervene and break the two men up initially.

"I was terrified. Blood was gushing out of my husband's wound like a tap," she said from his hospital bedside.

The fighting stopped only after Mr Oh managed to disarm his attacker and put the chopper out of his reach with the help of a butcher at the market.

He said: "If not for the stool, I would surely have been killed."

When The New Paper visited Mr Oh at the hospital, he was recuperating from a two-hour operation that involved stitches on his right arm.

Police said a man will be charged in court today.

Last month, the attacker allegedly shoved Mr Oh from the back when he walked past his stall
The two quarrelled and got into a tussle. Mr Oh hit his head on a table during the fight and suffered a cut.

THE DISPUTE

Mr Oh Teck Kui said he first came to know his attacker at the Ang Mo Kio 628 Market.

The cook also claimed that they had been feuding over gambling debts for about 10 years.

He said that in 2003, they were friendly enough for him to lend his attacker, who runs a drinks stall, more than $10,000 to help clear his debts.

He had never chased the man for repayment, he said, but trouble brewed when Mr Oh joined the drinks stall owner in gambling activities and got hooked.

He claimed he quickly lost around $20,000.

Mr Oh said he was then forced to recover his money from the man. He also borrowed money from him to clear his gambling debts.

Mr Oh added that the man grew impatient when he could not repay him in time.

Over the next few years, he would harass Mr Oh each time they met, even hurling vulgarities and threats at him and his wife, claimed Mr Oh.

He said: "I tried to explain to him that after cancelling out the money that we had borrowed from each other, I owed him only about $5,000 to $6,000, which I would pay him through instalments after I got a job.
"But he was not satisfied and continued harassing my family."

Mr Oh has six children - four daughters and two sons aged between 11 and 27.

[email protected]

Get The New Paper for more stories.

amkslashing_1.jpg

The cook said he was buying frozen food at an Ang Mo Kio stall when he heard a shout from behind him: "You don't repay the money you owe me, I'll kill you."
amkslashing_3.jpg

Mr Oh Teck Kui, 47, said that his attacker had been harassing him and his family for years before he used a chopper to slash him
amkslashing_2.jpg

His first instinct was to run, but he realised that he would not make it. So he turned around and grabbed a stool to fend off his assailant's attacks.

amkchop_4.jpg

The chopper that was used in the attack, retrieved by police from the scene.

amkhack6.jpg

A hawker was arrested on Thursday morning for hacking a friend with a chopper at Block 628 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4, reported Shin Min Daily News.

amkhack8.jpg

The Chinese evening daily said that the suspect is believed to have bought the chopper after seeing the victim at a hawker centre where he owns a coffee stall.

amkhack4.jpg

The suspect is known only as "Ah Song".

Shin Min understands that the victim has been owing the suspect a sum of money for some time.

amkhack2.jpg

An eyewitness told the paper that the victim was making a purchase at a dessert stall when Ah Song surprised the victim from behind and started attacking him with the chopper.

amkhack7.jpg

amkhack3.jpg

amkhack1.jpg
amkhack1.jpg

amkchop_1.jpg

The bloody aftermath of a fight at the hawker centre

amkchop_8.jpg

amkchop_2.jpg

Mr Mohd Rahid, 33, who works at the butcher stall, rushed in to help and separate the two men.

amkchop_6.jpg

Police officers had cordoned off the area.

amkchop_3.jpg

amkchop_7.jpg

The coffee stall (in blue) was where the attacker worked.

amkchop_9.jpg

Blood spurted onto the trousers of Mr Neo Zhou Tong, an aquarium stall owner, at the Ang Mo Kio market-cum-food centre.

amkchop_5.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah loonz territory has so many colorful characters ...

really a p[lace of sleeping thaigers n hidden dragons ...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Singapore police can no longer be relied upon to protect the safety of the people.

The possession of non-lethal weapons should be legalised. Pepper sprays and stun guns etc.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is what happens when people has no clue in the way of earning money and achieving financial freedom.

worse still that it happens to a sinkie..

sinkie + too dumbfuck to earn money = chopper attack.

Luckily i stay away from sinkies..

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blk 628 ang mo kio shd be located inside Kebun Baru division, belong to the bayi's district. Many residents there are not exactly well educated nor got money type. there also blocks of rental flats over there.

knn kenna chop because owe $$ still want to argue that it the attacker fault. take him FEW years just to repay $3-4k, somemore no $$ still have 6 kids. 27yo kid cannot help lao peh pay meh..... this is the type of ppl who keep vote in assloong... trash....

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
chao kar owes money dont pay and talk like he hero?:eek:

I agree. this type are the worst scum bastards of all. Owe money, no job, talk cock and refuse to pay back what he owed. No wonder otehr people just sit and watch. why help this type of lazy scum and talk big for what. he ask for it. That's why when people fight in public it is usually about money owed ala loan sharks and I don't bother. better if they get chopped to death as less scums in this world. Never mix around with such scums or born losers. seem to be alot in sinkieland

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
amk now like sibei happening :biggrin: metal shelf fall on lao ah ma now got unker chop each other :biggrin: who did they vote for? :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. this type are the worst scum bastards of all. Owe money, no job, talk cock and refuse to pay back what he owed. No wonder otehr people just sit and watch. why help this type of lazy scum and talk big for what. he ask for it. That's why when people fight in public it is usually about money owed ala loan sharks and I don't bother. better if they get chopped to death as less scums in this world. Never mix around with such scums or born losers. seem to be alot in sinkieland

Yes I pity the slasher more than the motherfucking 'victim'....
Still dare show fuckface and accept interview.
Confirm pap voter....死兩个当一双....die already is society's gain.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blk 628 ang mo kio shd be located inside Kebun Baru division, belong to the bayi's district. Many residents there are not exactly well educated nor got money type. there also blocks of rental flats over there.

knn kenna chop because owe $$ still want to argue that it the attacker fault. take him FEW years just to repay $3-4k, somemore no $$ still have 6 kids. 27yo kid cannot help lao peh pay meh..... this is the type of ppl who keep vote in assloong... trash....

Chow ka learn from the bayi mah!...it is always somebody's else fault but mine.....

ChenHaoNan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it comes to money matters it's always one man's words against the other unless you have an IOU. One thing for sure is assailant will be going for all expenses paid holiday soon.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
chao kar owes money dont pay and talk like he hero?:eek:

i got 1 smelly sibei chao kar in office.
borrow $20 from me to see doctor just below office ( he say he short of $20 ).
i ask when return before lending him
he say tomorrow and he assured no prob because he got 1 Singapore pool ticket ( unclaimed ) worth $60.he say will claim after work.
i then lend him loh.

next day come...saw him in office,ask him $20, nbcb he say the $$ spend liao loh not enough to return.he say return when he get his AWS 3 days later.
3 days later, i saw him in office. i dont want to ask him for $$...he also never return and pretend nothing happens.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come can lose so much $20K !!!

this is terrible ! how to pay back??

what sort of gambling??? soccer bets? singapore pools ? play horses?? card games ???