• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A comparison of US and Australia. USA might be better for Migration

AhSo1

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to cut back on you people anyways :biggrin:

Questions:

1) if australia's high taxes are supposed to cover health care, why does the ATO levy an additional 1% levy if you dont have private cover when earn more than 50K?

2) if you have free health care, why do you need private hospital cover?

3) why do these private health coverages cost so much?

4) why are waiting times to get health care so long in australia?

5) why are cars 3X the price of the US?

6) why is petrol so much cheaper in the US? why is australia petrol so much higher?

7) why is food so much higher in australia than the US?

8) how come the US has so many cheap houses and prices are falling when the opposite is true of australia?

9) how come the US allows you to deduct mortgage interest on your primary home on your taxes and australia does not?

10) how come labor/services is 300% higher in australia than th US?

11) how come 2.5 million people applied to become citizens in the US last year when Australia only saw a small increase?

12) how come there is a 10% GST in australia when the GST in the US is much lower, and several states have no tax at all!!

13) how come wages in australia are not as high as the US?

14) how come 30-40% of your income is required to pay a housing loan in australia?

15) how come it takes 104K to pay for a 431K home in australia?

16) how come variable interest rates on property have exceeded 10% in australia when the US is less than half?

17) how come the planning councils in america are efficient and release land for development at a timely pace when the opposite is true in australia

18) how come there is a "good" housing crisis in america and a "bad" housing crisis in australia?

19) how come airfares from australia are so high? why is it australians pay as much to fly 8 hours as americans pay to fly 18 hours?

20) why are clothes costs so high in australia? why is it the americans sell themselves timberland shoes for $30 and charge australians $200 for the same product?

If this is true than of course there is current advantage to America over Australia

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is true than of course there is current advantage to America over Australia
That's true. Aussie Prick is speaking the truth backed by factual evidence.

Just check out the website of Mercedes-Benz to compare the prices of a S500 in the US and in Australia. Their website speaks for themselves!

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to cut back on you people anyways :biggrin:

Questions:

1) if australia's high taxes are supposed to cover health care, why does the ATO levy an additional 1% levy if you dont have private cover when earn more than 50K?

2) if you have free health care, why do you need private hospital cover?

3) why do these private health coverages cost so much?

4) why are waiting times to get health care so long in australia?

5) why are cars 3X the price of the US?

6) why is petrol so much cheaper in the US? why is australia petrol so much higher?

7) why is food so much higher in australia than the US?

8) how come the US has so many cheap houses and prices are falling when the opposite is true of australia?

9) how come the US allows you to deduct mortgage interest on your primary home on your taxes and australia does not?

10) how come labor/services is 300% higher in australia than th US?

11) how come 2.5 million people applied to become citizens in the US last year when Australia only saw a small increase?

12) how come there is a 10% GST in australia when the GST in the US is much lower, and several states have no tax at all!!

13) how come wages in australia are not as high as the US?

14) how come 30-40% of your income is required to pay a housing loan in australia?

15) how come it takes 104K to pay for a 431K home in australia?

16) how come variable interest rates on property have exceeded 10% in australia when the US is less than half?

17) how come the planning councils in america are efficient and release land for development at a timely pace when the opposite is true in australia

18) how come there is a "good" housing crisis in america and a "bad" housing crisis in australia?

19) how come airfares from australia are so high? why is it australians pay as much to fly 8 hours as americans pay to fly 18 hours?

20) why are clothes costs so high in australia? why is it the americans sell themselves timberland shoes for $30 and charge australians $200 for the same product?
To be frank with you, I don't have the answers to your questions above.

The only answer I can give is that Australia is a ripoff!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be frank with you, I don't have the answers to your questions above.

The only answer I can give is that Australia is a ripoff!

Sound to me like some of you Singaporeans are having a hard time adjusting to PAP-less living ... UK, USA, Australia, Canada and NZ

Better return to nanny Singapore. :biggrin:

Meanwhile, I will be attending a house-warming of an ex-Singaporean family who decided to stay on and enjoy the good life here.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sound to me like some of you Singaporeans are having a hard time adjusting to PAP-less living ... UK, USA, Australia, Canada and NZ

Meanwhile, I will be attending a house-warming of an ex-Singaporean family who decided to stay on and enjoy the good life here.

Some say Australia is doomed.. however, statistic shown we are slightly above recession.. on the other hand, some say Australia is a lucky country.. who do you believe ?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

What for? Have you seen the massive gargantuan so big your eye will pop out houses and cars you can buy in the US right now?

Have you seen the tiny crappy houses for sale in Arsetralia?

No contest

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still now rebuttal? Here I am waiting patiently.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yawn. Where got time.
Me love me tent in front of Hollywood hills.

561046442.jpg

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yawn. Where got time.
Me love me tent in front of Hollywood hills.

561046442.jpg

Actually Arsetralia is famous for its national disgrace now, homelessness and cardboard cities.

You cant have the most expensive housing in the world without this, you know.

http://www.cathnews.com/article.aspx?aeid=7299

Homelessness a national disgrace: Rudd

Homelessness is a "national obscenity" and it would be a disgrace if Australia failed to act on the issue, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said in a speech yesterday.

Adelaide Now reports with over 100,000 Australians homeless every night, including 10,000 children under 12, Mr Rudd said "we can and must do better on this."

Mr Rudd released a Green Paper on homelessness and called for "bold new ideas" from interested groups, business and the wider community.

A committee, chaired by the executive director of the Anglican welfare group Brotherhood of St Laurence, Tony Nicholson, will use those hearings and submissions to prepare a white paper for the Government by August.

Catholic Social Services Australia said it would present a submission to the Government's green paper and believed the chronic shortage of assistance for homeless people was evidence enough of the need for urgent action.

"Homelessness is not just about accommodation, the causes stem from a whole range of unmet social need," said executive director Frank Quinlan.

"While providing a roof over someone's head is central to the solution, realistic resources must be poured into ensuring people get access to services that help with drug and alcohol problems, mental health issues, managing finances and a raft of other services."

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Glad you know what the picture is about.

I know you are going to use the old news of Homelessness in OZ as an example. So boring. But you miss the point totally.

In Singapore, homelessness is due to an uncaring government.
In Australia, despite all the generous safety nets, policies and actions by govt to minimise homelessness, some people are still homeless by choice. You are smart enough to know what I mean.

Yawn.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just state something wrong. :biggrin: Now, Arse-se prick will get jealous.

Well, I am telling the truth.. Sometimes the truth hurts.. Australians pampered "choice".. where developing countries don't have a choice.. unless they start to export bananas.. heehee

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its so nice to see I was correct.....again

I totally agree with you ! I envy you and wish you well.. If given the offer to join you.. you should know my answer..

This is the reason why all foreigners from the 1st world.. praise SG, enjoy SG and yet not joining them :wink:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree with you ! I envy you and wish you well.. If given the offer to join you.. you should know my answer..

This is the reason why all foreigners from the 1st world.. praise SG, enjoy SG and yet not joining them :wink:

No need to envy me, just dont choose Australia and its bullshit and you will be ok.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aust now is fuck left, right center by China....the moment when China stop importing, the great Aust starts to wither like dead leaves...