• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A comparison of US and Australia. USA might be better for Migration

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to cut back on you people anyways :biggrin:

Questions:

1) if australia's high taxes are supposed to cover health care, why does the ATO levy an additional 1% levy if you dont have private cover when earn more than 50K?

2) if you have free health care, why do you need private hospital cover?

3) why do these private health coverages cost so much?

4) why are waiting times to get health care so long in australia?

5) why are cars 3X the price of the US?

6) why is petrol so much cheaper in the US? why is australia petrol so much higher?

7) why is food so much higher in australia than the US?

8) how come the US has so many cheap houses and prices are falling when the opposite is true of australia?

9) how come the US allows you to deduct mortgage interest on your primary home on your taxes and australia does not?

10) how come labor/services is 300% higher in australia than th US?

11) how come 2.5 million people applied to become citizens in the US last year when Australia only saw a small increase?

12) how come there is a 10% GST in australia when the GST in the US is much lower, and several states have no tax at all!!

13) how come wages in australia are not as high as the US?

14) how come 30-40% of your income is required to pay a housing loan in australia?

15) how come it takes 104K to pay for a 431K home in australia?

16) how come variable interest rates on property have exceeded 10% in australia when the US is less than half?

17) how come the planning councils in america are efficient and release land for development at a timely pace when the opposite is true in australia

18) how come there is a "good" housing crisis in america and a "bad" housing crisis in australia?

19) how come airfares from australia are so high? why is it australians pay as much to fly 8 hours as americans pay to fly 18 hours?

20) why are clothes costs so high in australia? why is it the americans sell themselves timberland shoes for $30 and charge australians $200 for the same product?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
These questions are hard questions. If you are migrating, then you had better do your due diligence. Australia might not be for you.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to cut back on you people anyways :biggrin:

Questions:

1) if australia's high taxes are supposed to cover health care, why does the ATO levy an additional 1% levy if you dont have private cover when earn more than 50K?

2) if you have free health care, why do you need private hospital cover?

3) why do these private health coverages cost so much?

4) why are waiting times to get health care so long in australia?

5) why are cars 3X the price of the US?

6) why is petrol so much cheaper in the US? why is australia petrol so much higher?

7) why is food so much higher in australia than the US?

8) how come the US has so many cheap houses and prices are falling when the opposite is true of australia?

9) how come the US allows you to deduct mortgage interest on your primary home on your taxes and australia does not?

10) how come labor/services is 300% higher in australia than th US?

11) how come 2.5 million people applied to become citizens in the US last year when Australia only saw a small increase?

12) how come there is a 10% GST in australia when the GST in the US is much lower, and several states have no tax at all!!

13) how come wages in australia are not as high as the US?

14) how come 30-40% of your income is required to pay a housing loan in australia?

15) how come it takes 104K to pay for a 431K home in australia?

16) how come variable interest rates on property have exceeded 10% in australia when the US is less than half?

17) how come the planning councils in america are efficient and release land for development at a timely pace when the opposite is true in australia

18) how come there is a "good" housing crisis in america and a "bad" housing crisis in australia?

19) how come airfares from australia are so high? why is it australians pay as much to fly 8 hours as americans pay to fly 18 hours?

20) why are clothes costs so high in australia? why is it the americans sell themselves timberland shoes for $30 and charge australians $200 for the same product?

Dear Aussie Prick (aka shockshiot, busy123, redbullxxx, and all the new personalities that u're now posting as)... before I put you back on ignore (don't know what happened to my list to let u back in) - u've proven with your questions that u cannot possibly be an Aussie (and those words u use, and the way u use them - sod, bugger, etc etc - and the racist ones - it's laughable... no one talks like that down under - even racist aussies - u're embarrassing yourself, shockshit)... they are words from two generations ago - most of the questions you posed are just misinformed and stupid.

1) it's not additional - the decrease in levy for private heath cover is an incentive... the system is very affordable and very robust - just try and get seen by a doctor in the US without private cover - u will be shown the door as quickly as u entered. (stupid question)

2) see point 1 - as any (real) aussie can tell u, there are private hospitals and public ones... there are multi-bed rooms and single ones akin to hotel suites - it's up to the individual how much cover and service u want - mainstream aussies are happy just to settle with the public system. (another stupid question)

3) why do these private health coverages cost so much? (more stupid questions on private cover - are u a broker?)

4) depending on the ailment, waiting is not always necessary - 'elective' surgery (stuff that's not life threatening or debilitating) will generally require a waiting list (on public cover)... emergency treatment in public hospitals is always available and can be very efficient and is often world class. I can attest to this myself from personal experience. (The 'waiting' times in public hospitals are often the point of attack from opposition govt and always taken out of context.. this has been going on from both sides for donkey's years - are u right winged??)

5) A new young car buyer can get a small brand new vehicle on the road for less than A$15K (inc. registration and insurance)... what make of car can u buy in the US for A$5K? - unless you're a high-end car buyer, prices of cars are not an issue down under (especially compared to Shanghai or Singapore where u also battle with COE and the like)...

6) Price of oil fluctuates and is a global commodity - unless the govt subsidises it, there's little difference. It varies from state to state in the US, and is price-controlled by the Govt in Oz.

7) why is food so much higher in australia than the US? - as a regular traveller to the US, I can tell u definitevely - this is a completely false statement. What food? Where?

8) how come the US has so many cheap houses and prices are falling when the opposite is true of australia?... u seen the housing market down under recently - there are many house/land (large properties) less than A$200K (even as low as A$150K) in the suburbs of Brisbane... u want to live in the heart of Sydney, expect to pay substantially more - it's like the difference between Yishun and Orchard Road... anyone that just watches median prices blindly to judge the market is a fool.

9) Strange question - u've never heard of 'negative gearing'? - oh, forgot - u're not really an aussie :biggrin:

10) how come labor/services is 300% higher in australia than th US? Which commodity? Most professional services are substantially higher in the US. As a commodity sourcing professional for labour globally, I can state this also for a fact... no need to try and compare just a handful of industries, it will never make sense and does not compare apples with apples...

11) how come 2.5 million people applied to become citizens in the US last year when Australia only saw a small increase? - Can u provide more data? Absolute numbers to not make valid sense - must be stated as a % of population... once again, apples with oranges here.

12) how come there is a 10% GST in australia when the GST in the US is much lower, and several states have no tax at all!!... GST brought Australia's national deficit back into the black - how much does the US owe again?? Hmmm???

13) how come wages in australia are not as high as the US? - Anyone starting in a new job in the US, will often not be eligible for any annual leave... after one or two years, the employee might be lucky to be eligible for 4 days... after 30 years, lucky to be more than 2 weeks depedning on the employer... expect to start work (especially in northern states) at 5 or 6am and finish late in the afternoon... expect to spend up to 30 to 40% of your wage on health cover (or just die in your own home)... once again, bit comparing apples with apples... when I loved in the US, I made sure it was on an expat package - Australia is truly the lucky country when it comes to working conditions.

14) how come 30-40% of your income is required to pay a housing loan in australia? This is again taken out of context... many Aussies are paying as low as 15% of their salary - depends on so many factors - household income, age of the borrower, price of the home... u cannot rely on median numbers, it does not tell the whole story, and the data is warped by the high income earners. Right-wing propoganda again.

15) how come it takes 104K to pay for a 431K home in australia? - see above... right wing crap... reported in one of your (shockshiot) posts some time ago from a propoganda-driven (coalition) news source.

16) how come variable interest rates on property have exceeded 10% in australia when the US is less than half?... as any aussie knows, interest rate fluctuations have always occurred - what goes up must come down... I remember early 90's when I was paying 17%... I also remember when I was paying 5%... stupid, stupid, stupid question for anyone with half a brain...

17) how come the planning councils in america are efficient and release land for development at a timely pace when the opposite is true in australia... NOW U HAVE TO BE JOKING RIGHT?? efficient in the US?... our company waited for almost a DECADE!!!!

18) how come there is a "good" housing crisis in america and a "bad" housing crisis in australia?... prices are low (and decrfeasing further), govt is assisting... it's a home buyers' dream right now - what makes u personally distinguish between good and bad? (media again?? - get offline for a while and visit the real world) - that's more the appropriate question.

19) how come airfares from australia are so high? why is it australians pay as much to fly 8 hours as americans pay to fly 18 hours?... shop around... u can get cheap flights with the right carriers... have u ever even been to the US and flown domestically - always over-booked, delayed and many many more chaotic problems... does nothing for the blood pressure when u have important meetings to get to.

20) why are clothes costs so high in australia? why is it the americans sell themselves timberland shoes for $30 and charge australians $200 for the same product?... buy local, pay less (idiot)...

Putting you and all your IDs back on block now, u absolute loser!!! Wasted enough of my time on ridiculous questions - you really have no idea... but u still keep spouting this CRAP... look in your own backyard first.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Aussie Pete,

The threadstarter actually copied wholesale from the thread 'Gems from the old Sammyboy Forum' post #14.

Those questions were actually posed by shockshit in the old forum.

And scroobal2 of the old forum answered them. Extracts of his answer were found in post #16.

Hope you do not mind i include your reply in the original thread as it gives a 2nd set of perspectives to the original questions.

Thank you.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Aussie Pete,

I am surprised that you actually respond to Aussie Prick. This person is not going anywhere until he changes his "loser" attitudes.

Ever since I exposed his front (not that I intend to), I have been stalked by him. Just look at the Infractions I received from him. (Pitiful)

Do you think he has the right quality to migrate?

Migration is not for cowards. I repeat, migration is not for cowards.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha Ha it is very obvious (Shockshit) is the same nick as Redbull323, AussiePrank,busy123, etc etc.

He got no brains to hide his mask (even reused the same thread he started when he was using 'Shockshit' nick)..hahaha, i think he has some mental problem.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shockshits has no balls to using his original nicks but resort to use tactics disgusing as different nicks, emigration of course is out of question for him.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.kotsemo.com/Www/Extra/News/?newsID=223[/url]

6) Wrong again. Price of oil in Australia is taken from Singapore Prices, see Platts Oilgram. Australia for some reason decides to levy a very hefty petrol tax, making petrol much more expensive than the US. There is no reason to levy a .42 per litre tax. Australians are quite angry over this.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_tax

7) Price comparisons at coles and woolies to Big Supermarket Chains like Walmart. Price of Milk. Right now Americans are paying .50 per litre for Milk for example. Australia? try more than double that. Why is another example, bread, so expensive in Australia? Last time I was in the US, a loaf of bread was going for one dollar. Oh that's right I almost forgot Australia exports foodstuffs and tends to compete with itself. Quite well documented that. Dining out at fast food, chain restaurants such as Olive Garden, Sam Seltzers, Red Lobster etc is A FRACTION of what dining out costs in Australia. On another tirade, why is beer so expensive in Australia. Why is a six pack of ordinary VB 13 dollars while an ordinary six of bud or miller lite or coors is only five dollars in the US? Would you care to also explain why lindemans wines and other Australian wines are so expensive in Australia? Last time in a Walmart/Sam's Club I saw lindemans going for 4.99 a bottle. Price in Australia? Try alot more.

8) Wrong again. Australia has the most unaffordable housing in the world according to the OECD. Your affordibility issue is quite hilarious. See demographia's recent 2009 report, and your own institute for public affairs. As for Birsbane, you might wish to consult page 42 of the report and inquire as to why the median property is 410,000 in Brisbane with a "severely unaffordable multiple of 6.3" Also interesting is the affordiability in Sydney, where it is more expensive to live than New York, and Perth, Melbourne.

The bottom line why Australian property prices are so high is the government never releases land fast enough to meet demand unlike the US. This information is taken from the Institute of Public Affairs in Australia,http://www.ipa.org.au/sectors/housing-the-great-australian-dream-project/controller/sectors

9) If you have never heard of negative gearing than you are not an Australian. But you did not answer the question. Why does the IRS allow a generous 1098 deduction on mortgage interest deductions on primary property and the ATO does not? Come now, answer the question. I think I am starting to understand why so many Australians move to the US.

10) Why is labor so expensive in Australia? When a relative in Perth needed to have his Air Conditioning fixed, why 1) did the same unit cost 400% more than it did in the US (same seer, same capacity) and why 2) did the service personnel take 4 weeks to come because "that's normal for Australia"? Why are plumbers and electricians so expensive in Australia when the same services cost 1/3 in the US? There are many more examples..........

11) The data comes from the old forum. Just go there and see for yourself. Here is one resource verified by a migration agent, who also tells me migration to Australia is down. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do?type=office

12) You did not answer the question. First of all GST is a State level revenue in the US unlike Australia where it goes to Canberra. Oh, and Australia is about to have a deficit, so pointless answer. How come there is 0 GST in Delaware? How come so many US states have such low GST?Colorado at 2.9%???? You really dont have an answer do you, and looking at Delaware's fiscal situation, they appear to be in the black.

13) Wrong again. Looking at starting salaries and the wage levels of professionals in the US such as CRNA (nurses) earning US$ 150,000 per year cannot compare to the poor pay of Australia. Your hilarious reference to vacation time might be of interest to monster.com and a cousin i have in the US who is with a major financial institution and earns more than his counterpart than in Australia with three weeks pay. My own job offers in the US have more than 3 weeks to confirm.

14) Wrong again. See housing stress in Australia, where its common to pay 30% of your income to housing costs. The figures are also stated repeatedly in the demogrpahia report. 2009 http://www.demographia.com/dhi.pdf

15) I dont call this article as such. Its informative and a very negative aspect to the prospective migrant seeking housing in Australia. If it takes 104,000 in income to purchase a small entry level property in Australia, the banks have this criteria for underwriters to grant a loan. http://www.smh.com.au/news/economy/...s-100000-income/2007/10/18/1192300954413.html

16) But you did not answer the question. Why does the traditional 30 year fixed mortgage not exist in Australia? How come its all variable and lock ins generally do not exceed 10 years? that 5% would only come in handy for 10 years, then its off to the races.........10% at the RBA's whim.

17) Read the Staley and Moran Report. Land is released efficiently and timely in markets such as Texas, where there have been no price declines. Currently the US has an oversupply for a reason, while the opposite reflects the situation in Australia. In the end the consumer looses in Australia, or the prospective migrant to Australia.

18) At least in the US, a migrant can buy their dream house for a much lower price today and get a bargain. Investors can jump in an buy cut rate auction property at a fraction in the US. Migrants need housing, so in this case the Migrant wins in the US. Australia? He faces the most unaffordable housing in the World. This is an Emigration thread after all.

19) Oh yes, lets do look at STA shall we? Its well documented on the old forum. For example a Qantas flight booked in Australia from Australia to the US and back from a discount website or through a promotion was SUBSTANTIALLY higher than the same exact flight booked in the US flying on the same plane same date same airline (Qantas) for one third the price.

Australians are simply being taken advantage of. This is important for migrants wishing to return for visits to Singapore. Buy one ticket in the US, your whole family can fly for what one ticket costs in Australia!

20) Then you have never shopped in Australia. Check out the Malls in Australia and its no wonder Ozzies love to visit the US for shopping alone. The costs of clothing in Australia is criminal compared to the US from the top name brands to the bottom of the barrel 5 dollar shirt at target.

I look forward to your reply.

Last edited:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha Ha it is very obvious (Shockshit) is the same nick as Redbull323, AussiePrank,busy123, etc etc.

He got no brains to hide his mask (even reused the same thread he started when he was using 'Shockshit' nick)..hahaha, i think he has some mental problem.

Which is why I'm telling you guys from the beginning not to waste your time with this loser cockroach. If you were to notice, I'm hardly responding to any of his rubbish these days. You'll only be lowering yourself by responding to his rubbish. Let him go on talking to himself, something that he always does. Migration is definetely out for a loser cockroach like this.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which is why I'm telling you guys from the beginning not to waste your time with this loser cockroach. If you were to notice, I'm hardly responding to any of his rubbish these days. You'll only be lowering yourself by responding to his rubbish. Let him go on talking to himself, something that he always does. Migration is definetely out for a loser cockroach like this.

How very rude.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why? Neddy and me have been giving you sleepless nights eh? If it is war you want, I can take it out on you. But I don't think I wish to waste my time with a born loser cyber coward like you. :oIo:

ATTN: Sam, unnecessary spamming, rudeness.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah I see no one can explain why Australia is such a bad country.......how dissapointing...

I am waiting for you to explain why Australia is such a bad country, but you also cannot explain properly without slapping yourself in the face. :biggrin: