• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which luggage should I use? - Samsonite, Tumi, Delsey etc etc

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I need some suggestions - Samsonite ; Tumi ; Delsey ; American Tourister ; Victorinox etc etc etc

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have the following:
Samsonite Oyster - > 10 years old and working fine but heavy and probably not sold anymore.
Samsonite Cabin Luggage bag - the one that tilts on two wheels and you pull along. Lasted > 10 years also. Never repaired once (my favorite bag)
Samsonite spinner - This is crap.. spent more time in the service center than with me on trips. The wheels especially .. keeps breaking off. And it becomes a burden especially when you are traveling and a stupid wheel comes off.
A few other brands but they have all since died too.

i have been traveling all over for many years and my > 10 year old luggage bags are still going strong. Except for the occasion where the TSA cut the zipper pull on my Samsonite coz I checked it in ( these bags then do not have TSA rated locks), everything else is going fine..

I would recommend Samsonite but not their spinner series.

Anyway my tip, look for empty luggage weight and overall sturdiness if you plan to use for a long time. Pack only essentials and go light. The less bags the better. Keep to cabin bags if possible. Fabric material bags are pretty good and expandable unlike hard cases.

Or watch the movie Up in the air, Clooney got some of the tips there right about packing and bags :smile:

Last edited:

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have the following:
Samsonite Oyster - > 10 years old and working fine but heavy and probably not sold anymore.
Samsonite Cabin Luggage bag - the one that tilts on two wheels and you pull along. Lasted > 10 years also. Never repaired once
Samsonite spinner - This is crap.. spent more time in the service center than with me on trips. The wheels especially .. keeps breaking off. And it becomes a burden especially when you are traveling and a stupid wheel comes off.
A few other brands but they have all since died too.

i have been traveling all over for many years and my > 10 year old luggage bags are still going strong. Except for the occasion where the TSA cut the zipper pull on my Samsonite coz I checked it in ( these bags then do not have TSA rated locks), everything else is going fine..

I would recommend Samsonite but not their spinner series.

Anyway my tip, look for empty luggage weight and overall sturdiness if you plan to use for a long time. Pack only essentials and go light. The less bags the better. Keep to cabin bags if possible. Fabric material bags are pretty good and expandable unlike hard cases.

Or watch the movie Up in the air, Clooney got some of the tips there right about packing and bags :smile:

You must have a big house to keep all these. Anyway thanks.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.rimowa.de/main#product/920.52.00.2

rimowa_topas.jpg

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stylish and nice but expensive and quality not always so good. A colleague bought one from Germany and pull handle gave way on first trip. Seems QC failed and there was a screw/rivet missing when he brought it to Service Centre. Saw a few Rimowas there for repairs too. Almost bought one but decided against it....

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought a samsonite oyster in the early nineties. Lots of scars and scratches now, but still works. No need to change.

Cheers!