• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ La Liga Season 2013-14 ║

Neymar

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
19427235955639edbef517750f1b5e2da41a3101.jpeg

Neymar

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This Atletico team will be remembered for eternity - Cerezo

400970_heroa.jpg

By Peter McVitie
May 18, 2014 1:20:00 PM

The Madrid side beat Barcelona in the final match to be crowned league champions for the first time since 1996 and the club's president says the players will be remembered forever

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says the current team will be "remembered for eternity" after they beat Barcelona to win La Liga for the first time in 18 years.

Diego Simeone's charges looked in danger of surrendering the league title to Barcelona in Saturday's match as the Catalan side took the lead through Alexis Sanchez. However, Diego Godin came to the rescue as he headed home the equaliser in the second half and the visitors were able to hold out for a draw and secure the title.

With the league secured, Simeone's men are now looking to record a remarkable double as they face local rivals Real Madrid in the Champions League final next week.

With such an incredible season coming to an end, Cerezo believes this Atletico side will live on in the memories of football fans forever and dedicated it to all of the club's fans.

"This is a league that they always say the right team wins," he told reporters. "I was very calm when Barcelona scored their first goal but I had my doubts in the last 10 minutes.

"It was a beautiful game with a lot of emotion and a good result. This is a team that will be remembered for eternity.

"This win could be more important than the one in 1996, it’s been a long time since we won La Liga.

"This is for all of Atletico, for all who have suffered and my grandchildren.

The president then admitted the team would miss Diego Costa dearly if he were to miss next week's meeting with Real Madrid after suffering another hamstring injury.

"It’ll be a shame if he has to miss the Champions League final because he’s an important element of our team, but in these final games, you pay dearly for your effort

Neymar

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Where's Fabregas in Barcelona kit launch photo?

408644_heroa.jpg

May 21, 2014 12:11:00 PM

The Spain international, who is again being linked with Manchester United, was not selected to be part of the campaign unveiling the Catalans' latest strip

Barcelona have further fuelled speculation about Cesc Fabregas' future at the club by leaving the midfielder off their pictures to unveil their new kit for the 2014-15 season.

Promising youngsters such as Sergi Samper, Edgar Ie and Jean Marie Dongou joined established first-team members Lionel Messi, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Gerard Pique, Neymar and Sergio Busquets as the Catalans look to the future. However, Fabregas was one of the notable absentees.

The ex-Arsenal man has been heavily linked with a move away from Camp Nou this summer - despite the fact that his current contract runs until June 2016 - and both his former employers and Manchester United have been linked with acquiring his services.

Fabregas, 27, was not the only Barca regular linked with a summer transfer to miss out on the photoshoot, as Dani Alves, Javier Mascherano, Alexis Sanchez, Adriano, Alex Song and Pedro were also absent.

The home shirt features the characteristic Barcelona stripes, which are bolder and wider and with a darker tone of red and blue.

It also includes a renovated crest and a unique blue collar with a Catalan touch, as it showcases the Senyera flag in the open v-neck – the first time the Catalan flag has appeared on the front of the club’s shirt

Neymar

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I admire Guardiola, says Luis Enrique

407850_heroa.jpg

Alex Fisher
May 21, 2014 2:14:00 PM

The 44-year-old was appointed on Monday and has admitted he is a big fan of the sides his former team-mate has constructed at Camp Nou and Bayern Munich

New Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has revealed he is a keen admirer of Pep Guardiola and hopes to build a side that will "excite" supporters.

The 44-year-old was appointed as Gerardo Martino's replacement on Monday and signed a two-year deal after leaving Celta Vigo.

Enrique's return extends his association with the club, having represented them as a player for eight years before a stint in charge of the club's 'B' team.

"I'm aware there will be comparisons with Pep," he told reporters. "I admire him and we're in touch, he has adapted great at his new club.

"Today is a very exciting day for me, a very special day, a day we start to build a new Barca. A Barca that can excite people.

"I am very happy to be here, the new season begins here, we've got things to decide, I am hoping we have got a great season ahead, but I know I have got a big task ahead of me.

"I am more than a manager, I am a leader, I am here to lead, leadership skills are very important.

The former midfielder intends to implement his own attacking style but added he wants to strike a balance between their offensive threat and rearguard resilience.

"Attacking football is what Barca identifies with, that's what we play, what people have fallen in love with but we need to defend well too.

"Obviously I will bring things to the team because I have got my own ideas, but I am hoping for an attractive and effective Barcelona."

Enrique was also quizzed over the futures of midfielders Cesc Fabregas, Xavi and Javier Mascherano, two players linked with the Camp Nou exit door, but remained tight-lipped.

"Cesc? There's no need to ask about individual names. We won't talk now, decisions will be made later.

"Xavi is a friend and an ex-team-mate, we will sit down with him and what he wants and the club. Mascherano is in a similar situation to Xavi, he has the profile of a captain - we have time to make decisions."