• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
rooney has been a bridesmaid since he joined I feel...van nistelroy ronaldo van pussy.... end up playing sarpok role...no wonder he feel dulan.

personally I feel moyes is a wrong choice I felt we culd have guardiola...if only he will wait till end of season I guess fergie culd not give him a firm rod date....

He didn't like the midfield role he was given. SAF knew there was a big hole in the middle and coaxed Scholes to come out of retirement, at least until he finds a suitable replacement. Fergie had to play someone in that position and Roon fits that role. Before these changes he did make an attempt to buy your fav. Dutchman, Schneidjer.

To complicate matters, Rooney was not given a new contract and with only two years left on his current one. Rumors started circulating that if a renewed contract were tabled it would not be an improved one or at worse the club will sell him to the highest bidder.

The problem with Roon is his attitude and average to poor performance in the past few seasons and Fergie probably felt it was best left to the new manager to decide Roon's fate. It was no secret that SAF would back Moyes for the job but it was entirely up to the board of directors and the owner to decide. Moyes was immediately made odds on favorite to land the hot seat when SAF announced his retirement. Fergie is Brit bias and I should have bet my house on Moyes.

My only problem with the new 'set-up' is it appears there are very clear lines drawn where responsibility is concerned. Moyes is keeping a safe distance from any direct negotiation with any of the players they have in mind and this my friend is a farking mistake!! He's got to get into the act or we'll end up with crumbs at the end of the day.

jw5

Loyal
Latest reports are that Man Utd have contacted Real Madrid about Ozil and Modric.

For pete's sake, go and look at players with high potential from smaller clubs who would jump at the chance at joining Man Utd.
And not top players at top clubs who have even better chance than Man Utd of winning champions league.
Who doesn't know how to identify these type of players?

After Fabregas, another fruitless pursuit. :rolleyes:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't fucking care! Moyes owes us a BPL Title! Remember the season when MC won by goal difference? Everton drew us at Old Trafford. :oIo:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fine performance by RvP tonight. Easily the best striker in the EPL by some distance.

Wenger must be kicking himself for not trying harder to keep him at the Emirates but realistically he was never going to serious challenge for CL with Arsenal.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Auditioning. :biggrin:

I've never really been that impressed with Rooney, whether playing for Man U or England.
Personally, has been overshadowed by RvP but I do give him credit for United 4th goal scored by Welbeck. It was a decent pass.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest reports are that Man Utd have contacted Real Madrid about Ozil and Modric.

For pete's sake, go and look at players with high potential from smaller clubs who would jump at the chance at joining Man Utd.
And not top players at top clubs who have even better chance than Man Utd of winning champions league.
Who doesn't know how to identify these type of players?

After Fabregas, another fruitless pursuit. :rolleyes:

Modric is an opportunist who turned United down few seasons ago. First it was Chelsea and later REAL. With Ancelloti at the helm, Kaka will be favored ahead of the Croat.

When these players can't get into the first eleven, they will bark all day long.

What the red devils need is a playmaker and a leader in the middle of the park. There is no one else after Giggs.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've never really been that impressed with Rooney, whether playing for Man U or England.
Personally, has been overshadowed by RvP but I do give him credit for United 4th goal scored by Welbeck. It was a decent pass.

Neither am I but that thug has football brains which the rest of the midfielders lack. He can do the job. If he insist on leaving, just boot him. Period.

jw5

Loyal
Fine performance by RvP tonight. Easily the best striker in the EPL by some distance.

Wenger must be kicking himself for not trying harder to keep him at the Emirates but realistically he was never going to serious challenge for CL with Arsenal.

Right foot scissors kick, left foot belter into the top corner. What can't RVP do?

Rooney is a very good player, not top 5 in the world imho and perhaps not even top 10, but definitely at least top 20.
He has vision and skill, but he always seems to have trouble of some sort, whether it's contract, mood, temper, injury, off-field, etc.
If the only choice was to sell him to Arsenal or Chelsea now, my suggestion would be to let his contract run down.

jw5

Loyal
Modric is an opportunist who turned United down few seasons ago. First it was Chelsea and later REAL. With Ancelloti at the helm, Kaka will be favored ahead of the Croat.

When these players can't get into the first eleven, they will bark all day long.

What the red devils need is a playmaker and a leader in the middle of the park. There is no one else after Giggs.

Ronney MUST stay!

Most of the top players are spoilt brats these days, perhaps with the exception of Kaka and Messi.

They need that top playmaker, but going after the top players at top clubs isn't going to result in anything.
They are more likely to get Xabi Alonso than either Modric or Ozil. Ancelotti is a very conservative but shrewd manager, he will want to keep both of these, even with Isco and Illaramendi now on board.

Rooney could be that playmaker, he has the creative vision (at least more than anyone Man Utd has currently) and he is hardworking and combative enough to paly in midfield. Especially since Welbeck looks like he may have a breakthrough season as a top striker.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This picture says it all...

BR5DNx-CQAA_m_w.jpg-large.jpeg

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right foot scissors kick, left foot belter into the top corner. What can't RVP do?

Rooney is a very good player, not top 5 in the world imho and perhaps not even top 10, but definitely at least top 20.
He has vision and skill, but he always seems to have trouble of some sort, whether it's contract, mood, temper, injury, off-field, etc.
If the only choice was to sell him to Arsenal or Chelsea now, my suggestion would be to let his contract run down.

He needs to be loved. :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's hope Moyes is able to rejuvenate players like Anderson, Nani, Young and Valencia. Especially, Anderson.
If he can do so, it's as good as having a few new signings.
Rooney had his "worst" season playing out of position in 2012-13, but take a look at his statistics. In 37 games he had played in all competitions during 2012-23, he scored 22 goals and 14 assists. Of which 7 times, he came off as a sub.
Gareth Bale in the same season played 53 games in all competitions. Scored 30 goals and 11 assists. He started all 53 games.
You do the Math. If Rooney is fucktard, Bale would have been obscenely over valued by Spurs and Madrid.

jw5

Loyal
Let's hope Moyes is able to rejuvenate players like Anderson, Nani, Young and Valencia. Especially, Anderson.
If he can do so, it's as good as having a few new signings.
Rooney had his "worst" season playing out of position in 2012-13, but take a look at his statistics. In 37 games he had played in all competitions during 2012-23, he scored 22 goals and 14 assists. Of which 7 times, he came off as a sub.
Gareth Bale in the same season played 53 games in all competitions. Scored 30 goals and 11 assists. He started all 53 games.
You do the Math. If Rooney is fucktard, Bale would have been obscenely over valued by Spurs and Madrid.

Valencia is playing better now that he has given up the number 7 shirt and wearing his old number 25.
He is a very clever footballer, as evidenced by his assist for the second goal.
He has a great right foot, but unfortunately, his left foot is only for standing on. :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Valencia is playing better now that he has given up the number 7 shirt and wearing his old number 25.
He is a very clever footballer, as evidenced by his assist for the second goal.
He has a great right foot, but unfortunately, his left foot is only for standing on. :biggrin:

How about his middle foot? :o
Kudos to Welbeck for creating that little opening for Valencia to make that pass too. He timed it very well.
I agree that Rooney has got the flair and skill to fill up the creative midfield position, but too bad, that's not the position he enjoys playing in.