• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Capri @ Danga Bay community

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
continue...
- If IM fails, existing JB is still in vincinity
- Away from jam from cause way to setia
- No more tropez, price will get higher only
- since high price get something I cant get in SG
- waterfront and upclass mall (google jerde architect)
- FH vs LH in medini
- medini to me feels like mass market condo similar to SG
-

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
continue...
- If IM fails, existing JB is still in vincinity
- Away from jam from cause way to setia
- No more tropez, price will get higher only
- since high price get something I cant get in SG
- waterfront and upclass mall (google jerde architect)
- FH vs LH in medini
- medini to me feels like mass market condo similar to SG

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
continue
- ask agent if she bought at iskandar, she bought tropez
- being malaysian, she wanted something near SG
- her reason: can assess by both ways, away from jam to setia
- if im right, smile at profit
- if im wrong, smile at being owner of something I can retire in
- just hope political stability can be improved to avoid any major game changer

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
capri.jpg

There is the official launch if anyone interested. Wanted to go but got to wait for family member back from overseas to see showflat so giving it a miss this weekend.

HH2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really, I only had 4 choices left for the bed room type I wanted

I think units that are lower floor facing the pool still left some. But high floor 30 Storey and above less than 4 units for 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom all gone.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 10663

There is the official launch if anyone interested. Wanted to go but got to wait for family member back from overseas to see showflat so giving it a miss this weekend.

With this official launch, will the 10% discunt at soft launch still be given?

Will the sea fronting units be blocked by the Brunsfield project? The sales people cannot confirm during the soft launch?

capri

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea if the 10% will still be given, normally developer will not give as much discount if the sales was good during soft launch. This is commonly practiced in SG. As for the seafront unit, I think most probably it will be blocked by brunsfield. Hence, I did not get a unit that face the sea. Next question is why dont buy brunsfield then. Im afraid price will go higher again so didnt want to wait. I think brunsfield has not launched yet right?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agree. 4% is nothing to yell about. But it does provide a cushion for you to sit on while waiting for the price to appreciate. Basically allowing you to hold the property without straining yourself too much.
It is possible that JB might never be able to command too high of rental, if there are not many job opportunties with high pay.Anyone has insight about JB's potential rental market?

Don't forget to factor in the higher interest rates. Its very hard to service a loan even with 5% rental yield, especially if rates go up and they will eventually. Cant compare with SG. That's why I am paying down my property in MY.Also whether FH or LH , yield isnt differentiated by tenants. So while it may be good to pay more for a FH do be realistic abt rental yield. Ultimately its about the price you buy and rental demand. If you can top up and dont mind doing so for capital gain, go ahead.
In BI I understand Sky Executive Suites is getting very high yield with 3K for a 2 bedder which they bought at around 300K or even less.But that is pretty cheap compared to today's prices.

In JB, some of the older condos are getting decent yield e.g Molek Pines, Straits View, Aloha Towers, Prima Regency. Especially for those who bought earlier but even now , not that far from 5%, in some cases easily 5% or even more.These are all FH. But they are much cheaper than current launches( some below 500K, foreigners cant buy) so the question to me really is whether tenants would be willing to pay a huge premium for the new units. For the older units, its not easy to sell as valuations arent high and in some cases foreigners cant buy. Also I dont know much about the tenant profile except Straits View( Caucasians) and Molek Pines( Japs)which are popular with expats. Prima Regency I believe has many locals renting.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why I bought capri
- Dont want to say "aiya should have bought" in 2020
- walk the ground: yachts parked there indicates wealth n security
- existing local crowd, many bring cameras to take the landscape and even wedding shoot
- Reputable developer
- Strong SG interest (Temasek)

I believe Danga Bay is very high profile and should attract a lot of higher level interest from both sides. I wont be suprised if the price goes to 1.5K psf for higher floor. But on the flip side I am concerned that too much supply may be coming up in that area, especially with Country Gdns dumping so many units on the mkt. This may affect other developments. It will no longer be an 'exclusive' area if there are too many units as the population of Johor isnt that big, even with Singaporeans moving over or occupying holiday homes, forgetting not everyone would choose this particular spot in Iskandar.

Turbonetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Danga Bay is very high profile and should attract a lot of higher level interest from both sides. I wont be suprised if the price goes to 1.5K psf for higher floor. But on the flip side I am concerned that too much supply may be coming up in that area, especially with Country Gdns dumping so many units on the mkt. This may affect other developments. It will no longer be an 'exclusive' area if there are too many units as the population of Johor isnt that big, even with Singaporeans moving over or occupying holiday homes, forgetting not everyone would choose this particular spot in Iskandar.

yes,the population is not big in Johor comparing the land size vs ours.
the government must bring in more expats or people from other states to come to Johor,otherwise the properties in Iskandar will not be worth investing in.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget to factor in the higher interest rates. Its very hard to service a loan even with 5% rental yield, especially if rates go up and they will eventually. Cant compare with SG. That's why I am paying down my property in MY.Also whether FH or LH , yield isnt differentiated by tenants. So while it may be good to pay more for a FH do be realistic abt rental yield. Ultimately its about the price you buy and rental demand. If you can top up and dont mind doing so for capital gain, go ahead.
In BI I understand Sky Executive Suites is getting very high yield with 3K for a 2 bedder which they bought at around 300K or even less.But that is pretty cheap compared to today's prices.

In JB, some of the older condos are getting decent yield e.g Molek Pines, Straits View, Aloha Towers, Prima Regency. Especially for those who bought earlier but even now , not that far from 5%, in some cases easily 5% or even more.These are all FH. But they are much cheaper than current launches( some below 500K, foreigners cant buy) so the question to me really is whether tenants would be willing to pay a huge premium for the new units. For the older units, its not easy to sell as valuations arent high and in some cases foreigners cant buy. Also I dont know much about the tenant profile except Straits View( Caucasians) and Molek Pines( Japs)which are popular with expats. Prima Regency I believe has many locals renting.

i am vested in Aloha Towers. yield is >6% as i bought years ago. Large units (typically 1700sqf) - not many are for sales on the market as owners are holding as cash cow. Rent is good at >RM2200 for low level and can go >RM3000 for high floor straits/city view units. Tenant profile: seasonal influx of foreign students (international schools nearby) - a few students can stay in an unit as its spacious, foreign hospital staffs working at sultanah aminah hospital, those working in JB CBD, msians working in SG. Tenants seem fairly educated and quite a few speak fluent english, good security management (many guard with walkies patrolling the place).

Noticed price of the old city condos has increased quite a bit, likely driven by new projects nearby (Aloha by Paragon residences, Danga view by tropez, capri and other new projects at danga bay). Aloha and danga view now generally >RM500K, up from low RM4xxK

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes,the population is not big in Johor comparing the land size vs ours.
the government must bring in more expats or people from other states to come to Johor,otherwise the properties in Iskandar will not be worth investing in.

This is not very fair to burden the majority of the locals for the good of the investors. Look at what happened to Singapore.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not very fair to burden the majority of the locals for the good of the investors. Look at what happened to Singapore.

unfortunately the msia govt is not skilled in distributing wealth evenly among the people, with exception of a bunch of elite datuk/tan sri. more investment = GDP growth = more coffee money. the hardship is def on the johoreans working locally .. with the proposed introduction of GST and escalating inflation, many will find it hard to survive and the displaced may turn to crime, increasing the already notoriously high crime rate in msia

Turbonetics

Alfrescian
Loyal

well for the many big projects coming into Iskandar in future,i guess the government has no choice.
they can't expect the local to increase populations and talents in a short span of time.
the government is not doing so for the sake of investors or buyers,but for their states or country growth.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
unfortunately the msia govt is not skilled in distributing wealth evenly among the people, with exception of a bunch of elite datuk/tan sri. more investment = GDP growth = more coffee money. the hardship is def on the johoreans working locally .. with the proposed introduction of GST and escalating inflation, many will find it hard to survive and the displaced may turn to crime, increasing the already notoriously high crime rate in msia

Which govt is in Asia? Look at Singapore? The Inequality is quite staggering.Mojority cant afford more than a HDB flat but those who can afford to buy private properties, several own multiple units.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am vested in Aloha Towers. yield is >6% as i bought years ago. Large units (typically 1700sqf) - not many are for sales on the market as owners are holding as cash cow. Rent is good at >RM2200 for low level and can go >RM3000 for high floor straits/city view units. Tenant profile: seasonal influx of foreign students (international schools nearby) - a few students can stay in an unit as its spacious, foreign hospital staffs working at sultanah aminah hospital, those working in JB CBD, msians working in SG. Tenants seem fairly educated and quite a few speak fluent english, good security management (many guard with walkies patrolling the place).

Noticed price of the old city condos has increased quite a bit, likely driven by new projects nearby (Aloha by Paragon residences, Danga view by tropez, capri and other new projects at danga bay). Aloha and danga view now generally >RM500K, up from low RM4xxK

You are savvy to have picked up this gem. I was looking at Danga View but many units face the Expressway so my concern is noise. Any idea of tenant profile in this condo?