• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent defaulter!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Family skips on rent, turns violent and resist arrest

20130607.204510_standoff.jpg

Above: A family involved in a rent dispute ends up being arrested after turning violent on police officers. Far left: The woman landlord, Madam Qiu.

AsiaOne
Friday, Jun 07, 2013

SINGAPORE - A woman who refused to pay up two months of rent ended up in a stand-off with police officers on Thursday afternoon, resulting in the arrest of her three children who had behaved violently towards them.

The incident at a Paya Lebar Crescent bungalow began at about 4pm.

According to Shin Min Daily Evening News, the landlord, identified as Madam Qiu, 55, called the police after her tenants, a single mother who is unemployed, and her three teenage children, 2 boys aged 17 and 12, and a girl, aged 16, after they failed to pay their arrears.

They also refused to move out, despite Madam Qiu's request for them to do so. She eventually called the police, but the family locked themselves inside the bungalow.

At 5.10pm, the Singapore Civil Defence (SCDF) received a call to break open the entrance to the house. Nine police officers were seen entering the house with protective shields.

A teenage girl became agitated upon seeing the officers. As she screamed at them, she struck and kicked at the police shields. A female police officer managed to subdue her after a brief struggle.

The two boys also resisted arrest. The older boy put up a violent struggle, but six police officers managed to subdue him. Both boys were handcuffed and taken to the police station.

The mother, who did not put up resistance, was not arrested. But she was seen running after her children as they were led to a waiting police car. She was heard screaming: "Don't take away my children!"

According to the Chinese evening daily, this is the not the first time the family had a stand-off.

pic1.jpg

Police were called in on Thursday afternoon to mediate a rental dispute

pic2.jpg

The landlord, Madam Qiu, called police after her tenants locked themselves in her house and refused to pay rent

pic3.jpg

Plainclothes policemen attempt to break the lock on the door

pic4.jpg

Police carry shields as they prepare the break into the house

pic5.jpg

The 12-year-old son being carried out of the house in handcuffs

pic6.jpg

he 16-year-old daughter pinned to the ground and handcuffed after she kicked and clawed at police officers

pic7.jpg

The mother running after her children after they were led to the police car

pic8.jpg

The 17-year-old son was arrested and taken back to the police station after resisting arrest

pic9.jpg

Police enter the house with shields

pic10.jpg

SCDF personnel break the lock on the door to gain entry

pic11.jpg

Teenage girl puts up a fight with police

pic12.jpg

12-year-old boy taken away by police

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent default

Singapore law is pro landlord.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie riot police successfully subdued teenage children of bungalow rent default

This is amazing -- i've seen cops do that to violent, drug crazed criminals on C.O.P.S ... but first time on teenage girls.. she must have been armed and very dangerous!

pic6.jpg

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

The mother is unemployed but has a sense of entitlement in wanting to stay in a bungalow free of charge.

It seems that there are increasing numbers of such unreasonable people around. Total scroungers!

I pity her kids though.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

when one is not employed full time it is quite difficult to rent. i say this from first hand experience.

when i needed to rent, when my prospective landlord heard i was a self employed swim coach, he hesitated, then asked for an extra mth's deposit.
i had no choice but to cough up

of course, some poeple will say easy to rent room etc.

bear in mind, if got landload who doesn't follow proper procedure, and prepare to rent to any tom dick and harry ,then can be kicked out anytime, so im not taking about fly by night rental here

but then again, who am i to know, because people are so quick to judge like in fucking families

which is why if things go tits up for me, i prefer to stay in van...
no need to be scrutinized by prospective land lord

Last edited:

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore law is pro landlord.

What talking you?? If the house belong to you, you purchase million dollars, someone went into your house and chase you out... When you report to police and the police side the guy and ask you to move out??? You want the law to be this way???:eek:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What talking you?? If the house belong to you, you purchase million dollars, someone went into your house and chase you out... When you report to police and the police side the guy and ask you to move out??? You want the law to be this way???:eek:

it's a fair statement by shctaw with no indication whether that's good or bad.

I would go further and say that sinkie landlords still cannot fight gahmen.. When they serve you notice to move because they are building a highway through your property , you have to accept whatever compensation and pack up. Even Lky's grandfather at bukit brown also have to move house.

Last edited:

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

mother looks like angmo.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

How come there are cases where the tenants refused to move out and police say they can't do anything as its a contractual dispute?

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

can make some money by offering massage with happy ending to pay the rent. :biggrin:

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I would go further and say that sinkie landlords still cannot fight gahmen.. When they serve you notice to move because they are building a highway through your property , you have to accept whatever compensation and pack up. Even Lky's grandfather at bukit brown also have to move house.

If what shctaw said is a statement.. Than I am over do.. Paisei shctaw... As referring to the above case... No money to pay rent still rent a bungalow is really too much... Never pay for 2 months, I find that the owner have every right to chase them away...

BTW, I believe the owner had go to the court to get warrant for the police to chase them away... If not police will not act to the owner instruction...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The mother looks like a m&d the daughter seems rather tanned the 17 yr old son doesnt look too Chinese but the 12 yr old looks Chinese. The one that doesn't look Chinese is the mother.

Btw I do remember another incident of tenants refusing to pay rent and move out and the cops wee called but not sure if its this same family.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

No money to pay rent still rent a bungalow is really too much... Never pay for 2 months, I find that the owner have every right to chase them away...

BTW, I believe the owner had go to the court to get warrant for the police to chase them away... If not police will not act to the owner instruction...

probaby alreay renting and failed to pay 2 mths. it doesn't sound like a new rental

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

m with yinggue on this. Don't pay rent for a few months out you go. Why should the landlord have to tolerate it. Also I don't think it's pro landlord it's being reasonable. The landlord shouldn't have to be denied rent and should be able to rent it out to tenants that can pay cos let's be honest if they don't pay 2 months rent you can fucking forget about them paying back all the rent at a later date. Also landlord vs tenant is different from landlord vs government.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

probaby alreay renting and failed to pay 2 mths. it doesn't sound like a new rental
well there's always a deadline for things lets say you suddenly don't pay your utilities for 2 months I say it's reasonable to cut off the utilities. I think the landlady was smart too she can get a new tenant. If they fail 2 pay 2 months rent u think they will pay back 3 or 4 months rent later? Not likely it's going to snowball.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

im not saying landlady was wrong
but don't be too quick to judge the other party

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Does the teenage daughter and older son have psychological problems? Anyone with any common sense knows better than to get violent with the police (in *any* country).

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

im not saying landlady was wrong
but don't be too quick to judge the other party

I suppose you have a soft spot for the family due to some sort of similar predicament you had when you were looking for a place to rent?

Then again to actually require the police to actually restrain them and mind you one of them is a young 16 yr old female at that shows that they put up a fierce struggle shows that this family is unreasonable. There isn't any means to actually reason with them. I doubt the landlady would actually have a negotiation with them for them to slowly pay back the rent that they owe at a much later period. Unlikely i can bet they told the landlady to fuck off when she wanted the rent so she resorted to drastic measures.

Btw would you try to put up a struggle with the police if the landlord somehow had to call the cops on you?