• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Schools in Iskandar

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kids are attending a homeschool at east ledang. The teacher is preparing my 14-yr-old child for the cambridge exams which my child will take at about 16 if she is ready. I can send my child to a British uni at educity for a foundation course for about a year and my child can attend the same uni after she has passed her foundation course. If anyone is interested in knowing more about the homeschool, you can pm me.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kids are attending a homeschool at east ledang. The teacher is preparing my 14-yr-old child for the cambridge exams which my child will take at about 16 if she is ready. I can send my child to a British uni at educity for a foundation course for about a year and my child can attend the same uni after she has passed her foundation course. If anyone is interested in knowing more about the homeschool, you can pm me.

Hi, sorry had difficulty with the pm. Could u share or pm me the financial costs of such homeschooling?

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, sorry had difficulty with the pm. Could u share or pm me the financial costs of such homeschooling?

My apologies for my late response. The homeschool costs RM 1800 plus per month. The teacher is Mr Raj who was a national scholar in Msia and majored in aerospace in a UK uni. Was told that he had either a masters or doctorate and worked in A* and nus for 20 plus years before he decided to return to msia and homeschool his two girls and others. He will assess the students for a reasonable period of time before embarking on the suitable syllabus for the students. Basically he will ask the parents what their expectations are and based on the students' performance during the assessments, he will tailor the syllabus accordingly. For example, he has determined that my elder girl is reasonably good in her studies so he is preparing her for the cambridge exams. According to my elder girl, his girl who is of the same age as my elder girl (14 years old) is well prepared for the exams and will be taking the exams either this or next year (sorry can't remember exactly when cos his elder girl (15 years old) is also taking the Cambridge exams). As for my younger girl who is 10 years old, i.e. primary four, Mr Raj has recommended that she follows the spore syllabus.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal

2nd part:

He basically has created his own homeschool syllabus from the spore, uk and us syllabuses/syllabi. Oh his subjects are as follows: double maths, triple sciences, english, junior mba to teach the kids how to manage money etc, robotics and computer programming cos we are living in the IT age, bahasa (written and spoken but not examinable) and physical exercises every day. Oh reading on a daily basis is a must and the students have to submit book reviews every Friday.

My elder girl enjoys the homeschool immensely and has commented that Mr Raj is very knowledgeable and is able to explain the maths and sciences well. She even said that Mr Raj is more competent and knowledgeble than her teachers in both her primary and secondary schools in spore. Even her Australian classmate who attends an international school in the afternoon prefers Mr Raj and said that Mr Raj could explain the mathematical concepts well unlike her teacher in the international school.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi i actually responded early this morning but my two posts are nowhere to be seen. Strange. I will repost again later if the administrator has deleted or omitted my two posts.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, my two earlier posts were in response tp your query with extra info but the posts have strangely not been approved. Just a conjecture. I have to repeat that the cost is rm 1800 plus in this post.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apologies for my late response. The homeschool costs RM 1800 plus per month. The teacher is Mr Raj who was a national scholar in Msia and majored in aerospace in a UK uni. Was told that he had either a masters or doctorate and worked in A* and nus for 20 plus years before he decided to return to msia and homeschool his two girls and others. He will assess the students for a reasonable period of time before embarking on the suitable syllabus for the students. Basically he will ask the parents what their expectations are and based on the students' performance during the assessments, he will tailor the syllabus accordingly. For example, he has determined that my elder girl is reasonably good in her studies so he is preparing her for the cambridge exams. According to my elder girl, his girl who is of the same age as my elder girl (14 years old) is well prepared for the exams and will be taking the exams either this or next year (sorry can't remember exactly when cos his elder girl (15 years old) is also taking the Cambridge exams). As for my younger girl who is 10 years old, i.e. primary four, Mr Raj has recommended that she follows the spore syllabus.

Thanks for your reply! I was concerned about cost of education but more for the A levels. Does this teacher prepare students for University admission? How much does that cost? And if he has more students, will he form a class? Will that change his fees?

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your reply! I was concerned about cost of education but more for the A levels. Does this teacher prepare students for University admission? How much does that cost? And if he has more students, will he form a class? Will that change his fees?

Hi, apologies for the late response again. I have redirected your queries to Mr Raj but he didn't respond at all. So rude hor. I think maybe it is best that you contact him directly at 012-726 5904. All the best!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some agent told me that many Sinkies are moving back to Little Red Dot because they found that their kids' school results suffer after family moved to JB. Agent claims "they will be back"! More hope than reality, since he also said the "market is bad lah" (:

Enyi

Hi all,
Am new to this forum. Recently went to view some new developments in Nusajaya and really like that we can have so much space for the fraction of price compared to SG property. We have 2 children turning 6 and 4 and currently in s SG church kindergarten, obviously our biggest concern is their education and safety. If I were to drive them to and fro school daily, is it too far if we stay in Nusajaya area but enrol them in Excelsior International which is at Seri Alam? After reading some posts, think it's too tiring to live in Johor and commute daily to school in SG, and am very drawn to the IB education system. Would appreciate feedback on international school choices that you have enrolled your children into. Personally refer the IB system so RAS is out, Marlborough college is way too expensive and we also do not require full board. Really appreciate your sharing!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,
Am new to this forum. Recently went to view some new developments in Nusajaya and really like that we can have so much space for the fraction of price compared to SG property. We have 2 children turning 6 and 4 and currently in s SG church kindergarten, obviously our biggest concern is their education and safety. If I were to drive them to and fro school daily, is it too far if we stay in Nusajaya area but enrol them in Excelsior International which is at Seri Alam? After reading some posts, think it's too tiring to live in Johor and commute daily to school in SG, and am very drawn to the IB education system. Would appreciate feedback on international school choices that you have enrolled your children into. Personally refer the IB system so RAS is out, Marlborough college is way too expensive and we also do not require full board. Really appreciate your sharing!

Stay in Seri Alam lah! :biggrin:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Sunway Iskandar International school runs on Canadian Curriculum & seems to have good reviews. Maybe u can consider?

livefree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hihi,

I've moved over to JB 4 months ago and my son is due for P1 next year. Anyone here who have sent their kids to Austin Heights International or Seri Omega? Please share your thoughts with me? I am still thinking whether to enrol him in Austin Heights International/Seri Omega or to send him to Marsiling Primary. As of now, we can only afford AH so other International Schools are out of our budget.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear parents, there is a relatively new international school which adopts the Finnish educational model by a sporean in Kulai in JB. Relatively cheap at rm 750 per month for primary (aka elementary) and secondary (aka middle) school levels. Pre-school starts at rm 600 per month. This is the link: https://www.ibl-education.com.

There will be a new branch coming up for primary and sec levels at eco botanic next year. Pre-school has already commenced. You may wish to contact Sindy and Jannah for enquires about the school at Eco Botanic and Kulai respectively.

mummymoo2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone,

Just checking in after a long absence! I forgot my password and re-registered with a "new" nick. Was mummymoo, now mummymoo2. Been living in JB for coming up 5 yrs now. Youngest is attending Excelsior and will be taking her IGCSE O levels.

livefree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

My son will be starting Year 1 in Austin Heights International School next January. Any fellow Singaporeans here with children attending Austin Heights International as well? :smile:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone,

Just checking in after a long absence! I forgot my password and re-registered with a "new" nick. Was mummymoo, now mummymoo2. Been living in JB for coming up 5 yrs now. Youngest is attending Excelsior and will be taking her IGCSE O levels.

Welcome back. Mind summing up your ups and downs, enjoyments and pains etc.. gathered from your 5 yrs in JB? I think it will be interesting and insightful takeaways for all.