• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

D

Deleted member 80916

2mocky8.jpg

this picture taken this month,..
barges continuing shutting to dump sand at Danga Bay,..

- where does these aggrigates come from ? I guess from Vietnam - looking at the vessel-type
- Is it really possible to practice "JIT" construction (like assembing a tv set), by building onto freshly-created ground ?
- how many sub-contracts have been awarded ?

..it seems very dangerous for many - to be dazzled by the hype, show-performances,..nipple-protruding bikini models,....etc.,.. - to simply asses this project, without digging beyond the very plastic surface,..

whatdaya all think ?

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
2mocky8.jpg

this picture taken this month,..
barges continuing shutting to dump sand at Danga Bay,..

- where does these aggrigates come from ? I guess from Vietnam - looking at the vessel-type
- Is it really possible to practice "JIT" construction (like assembing a tv set), by building onto freshly-created ground ?
- how many sub-contracts have been awarded ?

..it seems very dangerous for many - to be dazzled by the hype, show-performances,..nipple-protruding bikini models,....etc.,.. - to simply asses this project, without digging beyond the very plastic surface,..

whatdaya all think ?

CG is gambling, like most chinese like to gamble, on selling 9000+units to pay for all the marketing costs/ construction. What will happen if it doesn't sell out?

Overheard many aunties and uncles complain during the mass orgy for the free canival vouchers, "if they can't even get the logistics, organising, bus transportation correct, what about the condo?" After all, isn't that the most important, more than all the funfare?

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder they advertised it as as "miracle" -- coz it'll take a miracle for CG to build up the development in time, and the "RTS stop" that sales staff claimed looks increasingly remote.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
My thought is that if CG danga bay in Iskandar sells so so, it is more likely an indication for overall Iskandar development climate than CG project itself.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
My thought is that if CG danga bay in Iskandar sells so so, it is more likely an indication for overall Iskandar development climate than CG project itself.

maybe but i wouldnt take it seriously - CG is not a good proxy, to me, its more of an outlier - Iskandar highrise projects rarely exceed 1500 and this is a whooping 6 fold over. For the waterfront developments, tropez will be a good proxy.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't buy but went to see Capri. I like it a lot but I suspect it will take a long time to build. by the time it is ready, the HSR might be too. And if HSR is up and running, KL will be my regular party ground.

Ppl r talking bad about Brunsfield & Capri high price too.brunsfield is also a reclaim land.any1 bought Brunsfield or Capri?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

The overall Iskandar climate is pretty obvious - every decent condo project is a sell out and in several cases need to be balloted. A whopping 9000 unit project is not anything any of us have seen before. How this project sell really tells more of the project than the Iskandar climate. In any case one can treat this as 10 projects combined into one insttead of one project. My take is developer is too greedy and lacking in patience - otherwise it would have divided into different projects or at least different phases.

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
The overall Iskandar climate is pretty obvious - every decent condo project is a sell out and in several cases need to be balloted. A whopping 9000 unit project is not anything any of us have seen before. How this project sell really tells more of the project than the Iskandar climate. In any case one can treat this as 10 projects combined into one insttead of one project. My take is developer is too greedy and lacking in patience - otherwise it would have divided into different projects or at least different phases.

I would think the developer is using economy of scale in order to be able to absorb the cost for the high impact grand canival sales marketting. Also it might not want to hold the risk of having latter to fight competively with others Danga Bay developers amid slowing economic climate and expected upcoming US interest rate hike.

But its strategy of dumping over 9000 units in one launch will be hated by condo/apartments developers who were planning to launch theirs as most potential property buyers and investors will be drained out of cash or loanable credit from their banks. I suspect the next developers of condo/ apartments will have a hard time to launch their units at a good profit margin.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it is very good for the residents staying there that they build 9000 units at one go, rather than build block by block which will be very disturbing to the other residents.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

During the sales carnival, some people asked about the proposed work schedule like when is piling works commencing, no one can give an answer.
Anyone knows when they will start piling? Unlikely this year end cos reclaimation works still in progress, so next year or 2015??
Very very sceptical that project can completed by the 2018 as promised!!

Was told by the salesperson at the showflat that they are tearing down the showflat structure after one month carnival to start building. If it is true, should be very soon that they start building.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think the developer is using economy of scale in order to be able to absorb the cost for the high impact grand canival sales marketting. Also it might not want to hold the risk of having latter to fight competively with others Danga Bay developers amid slowing economic climate and expected upcoming US interest rate hike.

But its strategy of dumping over 9000 units in one launch will be hated by condo/apartments developers who were planning to launch theirs as most potential property buyers and investors will be drained out of cash or loanable credit from their banks. I suspect the next developers of condo/ apartments will have a hard time to launch their units at a good profit margin.

At 5000+ units out of 9000 units sold, it should be breaking even soon. The rest of the units are just pure profit. By the time it completes construction, I won't be surprised if it manages to sell 8000 units.

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
At 5000+ units out of 9000 units sold, it should be breaking even soon. The rest of the units are just pure profit. By the time it completes construction, I won't be surprised if it manages to sell 8000 units.

Country Garden should have no problem making a huge profit out of its huge high impact launch but other developers future new launches at Danga Bay ( especially for smaller launch ones) would have a hard time if they they don't have the economy of scale to at least make the same marketting impact of Country Garden if they want record pricing. If not, they will have to make up for it by pricing their units at cheaper prices.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Country Garden should have no problem making a huge profit out of its huge high impact launch but other developers future new launches at Danga Bay ( especially for smaller launch ones) would have a hard time if they they don't have the economy of scale to at least make the same marketting impact of Country Garden if they want record pricing. If not, they will have to make up for it by pricing their units at cheaper prices.

which is pretty much par on course with the way the mainland chinese do things anyway. they did the same with manufacturing, why not for property development.

Last edited:

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
which is pretty much par on course with the way the mainland chinese do things anyway. they did the same with manufacturing, why not for property development.

Yeah, that why a lot of manufacturing plants in Asia, Europe, US were closed in the past or have to be relocated to China to survive.

It will be interesting to see how this kind of large scale high impact launch by Country Garden will change the property scene in Iskandar. If Country Garden does the same again with its acquired land in Medini, I wonder how the smaller scale developers would react in their marketting strategy.

There is also a danger that such huge launches would suck up a lot of labour and resources and smaller scale developers that are constructing at the same time may face problems with shortage of labour and/or escalating resource prices. If these smaller developers did not have proper planning and control, it will lead to delay project completion and maybe at a more extreme case, when together with slowing economies in asia, bankruptcy and abandon projects might surface again in JB.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe but i wouldnt take it seriously - CG is not a good proxy, to me, its more of an outlier - Iskandar highrise projects rarely exceed 1500 and this is a whooping 6 fold over. For the waterfront developments, tropez will be a good proxy.

You may both be right after all. It would be informative to see if the myr1000 plus psf price range could hold for newer coming launches.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may both be right after all. It would be informative to see if the myr1000 plus psf price range could hold for newer coming launches.

I suspect the.1000psf condo is struggling, especially those by mainstream developers and so so location. Marina bay suites startedoff by pricing at 1100psf after discount, then told me the boss( served by agent) managed to negotiate the price with the developer to 9xx psf,.now i saw online listings selling at 800psf

Last edited: