• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The RETIREMENT thread

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have retired for 5 years and staying in Matlasia. My passive income comes from house rentals of my houses in Sg and dividends from shares and bonds. Usually I spend around RM2k a month and the rest I save up for my yearly vacation. ATM staying in Seremban and retired at 46 when the shit hit the fan in SMRT.

How much is your dividend and rental income? I am planning to do the same as you.

Tired

Rental around SGD3k/mth and Div around SGD400/mth. Currently rental market a bit down so cannot get so high of a rent and try to spread you investments arcoss the board not just on Riets even thou they gives you a higher return.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rental around SGD3k/mth and Div around SGD400/mth. Currently rental market a bit down so cannot get so high of a rent and try to spread you investments arcoss the board not just on Riets even thou they gives you a higher return.

what you do with your time in seremban? gardening?
just wondering as i retired a year ago

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i’m renting my sunnyvale home for $6.9k. any sbf takers? it goes fast.
google just revealed plans to build google park in sunnyvale. they are always one step behind apple in lofty goals, or perhaps they take their inspiration from apple when apple completed apple park this year. except that the architecture is pyramidal, harking back to days of mayan and aztec human sacrifices. project is called "caribbean". it's great to retire with properties in sunnyvale. :biggrin:
104914184-Screen_Shot_2017-12-22_at_11.24.49_AM.530x298.png

104914182-Screen_Shot_2017-12-22_at_11.00.18_AM.530x298.png

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
i’m renting my sunnyvale home for $6.9k. any sbf takers? it goes fast.
If you were referring to:
sammyboy.com/threads/new-developments-to-share.107472/page-354#post-2679938
yup, lucked out on brand new property in sunnyvale last year. a typical 3 bedroom 3 bath home was asking us$1.6m in sunnyvale last year. now it is us$2m at least. .... sometime in middle of 2017, prospective tiong buyers in line started to fall out one by one, and the shortlist became shorter. .... so, while waiting in the longlist at 69th place, suddenly became number 11. 6.9 new homes in the new batch became available for sale, and 4 tiongs in front dropped out as they could not produce proof of millions in cash in u.s. bank at the last 6.9th minute. snapped up one of the 6.9 homes with us$696,969 down. very rare in sillycon valley for that to happen now. it's like a lottery jackpot.
then you must be a millionaire!
bow-gif.40441

Right? :p
redface-gif.40438

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you were referring to:
sammyboy.com/threads/new-developments-to-share.107472/page-354#post-2679938

then you must be a millionaire!
bow-gif.40441

Right? :p
redface-gif.40438
a millionaire in sillycon valley will have a tough time finding a home and buying it if the millions are not in cash. need at least 2 million in cash now to secure a decent home in a good neighborhood. millionaires in the valley are considered middle income. to be considered rich, one has to have at least $6.9m in net assets and cash.

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
a millionaire in sillycon valley will have a tough time finding a home and buying it if the millions are not in cash. need at least 2 million in cash now to secure a decent home in a good neighborhood.
I just came across the following post of yours from nearly two months ago:
sammyboy.com/posts/2693011
aiyah, so chee chum. if you listened to my advice and bought fb stocks 6.9 years ago with 6.9k shares at us$32 a share you would have made over a million (us$1,043,901 to be exact) if you sell them now at us$183.29 a share. enbloc sales of private condos in sg is the rage now, but you're just jumping on the bandwagon when horses have already bolted from the barn. but agree that there are still some bargains.
so I'm guessing you sold your "6.9k" Facebook shares at well over US$100 per share sometime last year or the year before:
finance.yahoo.com/chart/fb
and used most of the proceeds for the entire downpayment for your new house last year, right?
wink-gif.40439
redface-gif.40438

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just came across the following post of yours from nearly two months ago:
sammyboy.com/posts/2693011

so I'm guessing you sold your "6.9k" Facebook shares at well over US$100 per share sometime last year or the year before:
finance.yahoo.com/chart/fb
and used most of the proceeds for the entire downpayment for your new house last year, right?
wink-gif.40439
redface-gif.40438
nope. have enough for downpayment without resorting to cash from stock sales. cash from stock sales is used for other stock purchases.

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
nope. have enough for downpayment without resorting to cash from stock sales. cash from stock sales is used for other stock purchases.
:eek: Oh, wow! That means your net worth was (and probably still is) greater than last year's "us$1.6m" asking price of your new house; and you probably had enough cash last year to fully pay the "us$1.6m" without having to borrow any money from the bank, right?
bow-gif.40441
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:eek: Oh, wow! That means your net worth was (and probably still is) greater than last year's "us$1.6m" asking price of your new house; and you probably had enough cash last year to fully pay the "us$1.6m" without having to borrow any money from the bank, right?
bow-gif.40441
redface-gif.40438
in sillycon valley you need to pay off on all your properties and debts with at least $6.9m of net worth to retire comfortably. there are also many who retire prematurely and live in tents or rv’s. :p

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
in sillycon valley you need to pay off on all your properties and debts with at least $6.9m of net worth to retire comfortably. there are also many who retire prematurely and live in tents or rv’s. :p
Many thanks for your reply! :smile:
But please forgive me for my ignorance and for asking, what are "rv’s"?
confused-gif.40552
redface-gif.40438