• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Austin Heights/Adda Heights

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why Austin Hgts price lower than Adda Hgts

To avoid the jam along Jalan Mutiara Emas Utama (from Jalan Pandan - Hospital Sultan Ismail) during peak hours, I usually leave Austin Heights (to Singapore) via Adda Heights (Jalan Adda Utama) to N-S highway/EDL.

Going from Spore to Austin Heights, I take this route (EDL -> Jalan Pandan exit -> Jalan Kangkar Tebrau [shortly after mobil station] -> Jalan Daya].

In the longer term, I am hopeful that Jalan Mutiara Emas Utama will be upgraded.

It will definitely be more jam with all the new apartment, condo and landed houses get ready...

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

Austin Heights updated master plan (pic showing new Phase on what was previously part of Austin Hills Golf resort).

IMG_20130612_141346.jpg

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

To avoid the jam along Jalan Mutiara Emas Utama (from Jalan Pandan - Hospital Sultan Ismail) during peak hours, I usually leave Austin Heights (to Singapore) via Adda Heights (Jalan Adda Utama) to N-S highway/EDL.

Going from Spore to Austin Heights, I take this route (EDL -> Jalan Pandan exit -> Jalan Kangkar Tebrau [shortly after mobil station] -> Jalan Daya].

In the longer term, I am hopeful that Jalan Mutiara Emas Utama will be upgraded.

both ways are super long path...NS highway or EDL during peak hour also quite heavy...

iamgoodman

Alfrescian
Loyal

austin heights 1 is a very old project already? i saw most of the houses are quite old physically.. anyone can advice how many years old are the house?

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi

The earlier phases (mostly clusters) should be more than 6 years. Final 2 phases (semi-d) completed in 2010 and 2012 respectively.

austin heights 1 is a very old project already? i saw most of the houses are quite old physically.. anyone can advice how many years old are the house?

iamgoodman

Alfrescian
Loyal

i see.. but my budget is only around 800k below... haiz.. gonna give up my interest on austin heights newer phase... those 6 years old cluster, seriously a bit old, need some maintenance....is austin perdana part of the austin heights development?

currently keep searching for houses around this area with 800k below budget... what else advices u guys have?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi all, I am Newbie here. Just in the process of buying an Austin Height cluster semid for rental and investment. Hope to meet fellow forumers who also invested in Austin Heights here.

iamgoodman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi all, I am Newbie here. Just in the process of buying an Austin Height cluster semid for rental and investment. Hope to meet fellow forumers who also invested in Austin Heights here.

mind to tell your buying price n house size?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Adda Heights Robbery!

hi guys,

sorry am not so familiar with Austin area...is the Seri Austin double storey terraces being on sale now part of Austin Hts area ?

No. Don't be misled. Seri Austin is further away, next to BDO and setia indah. Austin Hts area is next to Sunway college. There is a big difference in the environment dependig what you want. seri austin (hills) is quieter and houses are pretty. Austin Hts has more amenities , college, near golf course, and of course, roads are jammed during peak hours. IMHO, austin hts is much better. only thing is: can you get a unit from the developers? they sold out very fast. Maybe can consider get from subsale.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi all,

Is it easy to rent out terraces at Austin Hts , Adda Hts or Seri Austin ? Thks :smile:

FYI, this is malaysia, not singapore. Rental is always only 50-50. Not like in singapore, for sure can rent out. In JB? Not sure. Even in KL (built up kepong) my folks had to wait 6-7 months before finding a tenant for their apartment.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

i see.. but my budget is only around 800k below... haiz.. gonna give up my interest on austin heights newer phase... those 6 years old cluster, seriously a bit old, need some maintenance....is austin perdana part of the austin heights development?

currently keep searching for houses around this area with 800k below budget... what else advices u guys have?

you can check out austin residences. it is behind the macdonald / library pub. however i don't know the developer. (it is not part of the austin hts steven chong's group).

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is subsale, right. Care to share, how much.? I think AH is a really good place to buy.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

Welcome, welcome!

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Go for the location. Old houses can renovate or be rebuilt.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is subsale, right. Care to share, how much.? I think AH is a really good place to buy.

Yes, it is a subsale. Bought for Rm$950000, built up 3000sq ft and land 2660sq ft. Financing it with an equity loan from my Singapore terrace house whose value has doubled the last 2 to 3 yrs so the interest is low and it is like no money down and hopefully can get passive income from rental.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, it is a subsale. Bought for Rm$xxxxxx, built up xxxxxsq ft and landxxxxxsq ft. Financing it with an equity loan from my Singapore terrace house whose value has doubled the last 2 to 3 yrs so the interest is low and it is like no money down and hopefully can get passive income from rental.

awesome plan, freedom!

Last edited:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

awesome plan, freedom!

Thanks but I know rental can be difficult sometimes too tho my agent keeps trying to reassure me that it should be no problem. For those of you staying there and working in Spore, how long does it take to travel?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Go for the location. Old houses can renovate or be rebuilt.

My alternative plan if I cannot rent out is to semiretire in this house with my family and rent out my Singapore terrace and MM unit when it TOP in 2016. Hence, keen to know the commute time from here to Spore. Also r we allowed to hire a Malaysian driver to drive a Malaysian car to spore daily?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

My alternative plan if I cannot rent out is to semiretire in this house with my family and rent out my Singapore terrace and MM unit when it TOP in 2016. Hence, keen to know the commute time from here to Spore. Also r we allowed to hire a Malaysian driver to drive a Malaysian car to spore daily?

i think definitely can find tenant, just that how much you can get in rental and also how long you have to wait for tenant. why should there be a problem to hire m'sian drive to drive to singapore daily? you can daily hire a cab, even. as long as willing to pay, you will find that service. however i have to caution against commuting for work, cos the jams are bad at the CIQ / Woodland checkpoint. Unless your working time is flexible (i.e need to go in 1-2 day a week, can work from home, can drive in at 10am and back at 3pm), it won't be fun getting stuck in jams everyday. I have been driving in on and off, at 3pm back to singapore (BKE dairy farm exit) from AH area takes about 45 mins. distance is about 19km from AH to CIQ. jams were at jln mas utama, tebrau highway. EDL and CIQ smooth! then stuck at woodlands checkpoint 15 mins. and this is non-peak hour.

Last edited: