• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK Trip

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
If got time can visit some of the flea markets at petticoat lane and near Liverpool street in London

nelson111

Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i found this community is highly interesting.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take the free sandeman tour in all the cities you are visiting. Its a FREE walking tour and at the end of the tour you will just tip the tour guide however much you want. They have them in London, Paris and Amsterdam.
I think its the best way to learn a little history in each cities.

I went for this one, Original London Walks
http://www.walks.com/
London Walks is London's classic old, unrivalled, multi award-winning, signature walking tour company.

Banner_Walks.gif

AmyRobs2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say that 8-10 days is not enough, go for 14 if you can. London is a busy busy place so if you want to see the famous places then you need no less than 4 days there. Prices there are high, as in Paris...so I'd suggest chosing cheaper places to stay in as you can then save up this money to spend on the trip..or whatever you like :wink:

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some suggestions -

London - West end musicals, Chinatown, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Strand, Oxford Street (check out Selfridges exotic fruits section where they sell our local Asian fruits for exotic prices)...

Amsterdam - You should make a slight detour to Keukenhof (the array of flowers is pretty mindblowing)...
http://www.keukenhof.nl/

Paris - Eiffel tower
1) Go up top of Notre Dame towards evening time and watch Eiffel Tower slowly start to glow
2) I remembered reading Lonely PLanet book suggesting to stop a few stations away from Eiffel Tower itself. Then take a leisure stroll and take pics of the gorgeous monument. Start your journey late afternoon and capture the same effect as point (1) above
I can't seem to google the details of this walk though, so you'll need to get the Lonely planet book.
3) Walk up Eiffel tower instead of taking the lift...

Best time to go: Probably summer as you'll have more daylight to look see look see...

clayts

Cant help but love these threads about what to see in London and the UK. I guess the first thing I always say to people is dont just confine yourself to London - there is so much more to see around the UK and its so easy to get around from London. There are loads of tour companies who run these or you could easily hire a car and head out on the M4 or A303 and see some of the fabulous places the UK has to offer. You can take day trips to see places like Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath (see here) for example.

One of the key places I would visit though if in the UK would be the amazing Cotswolds, head to somewhere like Bibury and have a lovely pub lunch while experience this tranquil village - its so typically English and a long way from what you would ever experience in London!