• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KL is safe? Iranian student recounts her kidnapping ordeal

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Iranian student relates taxi kidnap in KL

AsiaOne
Wednesday, Feb 06, 2013

KUALA LUMPUR - A post-graduate student from Iran spent three terrifying hours with two armed kidnappers after she boarded a taxi in Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang here on Saturday afternoon.

The victim, identified only as Aisyah, a 27-year-old Master's student of Computer Software Engineering at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, here, was released only after her brother had paid a ransom of RM2,000 (S$809.72).

The drama unfolded about 4.30pm when the taxi drove to a back lane 100m away after he had picked her up from a nearby hotel.

"He told me there was a problem with the engine. He stopped the cab and opened the bonnet. At that time, another man armed with a knife boarded the cab and sat next to me," Aisyah told the New Straits Times.

"He wore a cap and sunglasses. In proper English, he warned me not to scream or he would kill me. He also told me that all he wanted was my money. He ransacked my handbag but there was not much cash. He took both my handphones."

Aisyah pleaded and told him that she was just a student who did not have much money but the kidnapper ordered her to contact her rich friends or father.

He wanted a ransom of RM10,000 for her release.

"I told him my father would not be able to remit the money so soon as he was in Iran. The man then threatened to sell my kidneys," she said, adding that she tried to remain calm throughout the ordeal.

She contacted her brother, Emad, a PhD student at University Malaya.

"I told him what had happened. My brother panicked as he was in Malacca and did not have the RM10,000 ransom."

After that, the two men blindfolded her and took her on a long drive.

"When the taxi stopped, they took me into a house and locked me in a room. They removed the blindfold. I noticed there were two women in the house. The men asked me to contact my brother again.

"After negotiations, the ransom was reduced to RM2,000. The kidnappers told my brother to credit the money into my bank account," Aisyah said.

The kidnappers then took her automated teller machine card and after they had withdrawn the money, they blindfolded her and took her into the taxi.

She was dropped off in front of the Heritage Condominium in Jalan Pahang, Setapak, at 7.30pm.

She went to a restaurant where she contacted her brother.

She lodged a report at the Jalan Tun H.S. Lee police station.

Aisyah, who has been here for a year, said she is now in fear that the kidnappers would come back for her.

Her brother has not allowed her to go around alone anymore.

Dang Wangi police chief Assistant Commissioner Zainuddin Ahmad said investigations was underway.
[/h]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dat 154th haf been propagating endlessly dat iz crime-infested up north ... dey can start blowing their trumpets dat dey r rite again! ...

Exaggerate the bad news in neighbouring countries, to divert attention away from the woes in our own backyard.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore crime:

Man guilty of raping and trying to murder neighbours' maid

Published on Feb 06, 2013
4:34 PM

A 45-year-old jobless man was on Wednesday convicted of forcing his way into his neighbours' flat, then raping and trying to murder their Indonesian maid. The woman, who was 26 when she was attacked in 2009, was found at the foot of the block by passers-by.

The man was initially accused of attempting to murder the maid by trying to strangle her with a piece of raffia string and then throwing her out of a second-floor kitchen window.

On Wednesday, Justice Chan Seng Onn found him guilty only of the act of choking her, saying that the prosecution had not proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he had hurled her out the window.

During his trial last year, the man's lawyers asserted that the maid had jumped out of the window in an apparent escape bid. The man is expected to be sentenced on Friday.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then where you think they get the money to relac one corner the whole day and still have wives and kids. then again, they spoke in English...maybe not mats leh?

Bloody idiotic mats 2000 ringgit also kidnap.

Damn desparate.