• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I give up sg and migrate??

ultraman070

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets say I owe bank money, I wanted to leave sg and go china. Can I give up my citizenship and take my cpf money to clear my debt and leave sg to china?

redmenses

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think if you are in debt, you need to pay off everything first from the cpf. any remaining then you can withdraw

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets say I owe bank money, I wanted to leave sg and go china. Can I give up my citizenship and take my cpf money to clear my debt and leave sg to china?

You can try. But you need a damn good lawyer who would probably want at least tens of thousands. Don't think many of us can afford such an expense.

And I don't think the SC will be willing to take up the case if the odds are too large to begin with.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you renounce your citizenship, the SG govt need your foreign citizenship info. Otherwise, they have to take you back under Stateless laws. If you taken out CPF and spent it, the govt lose out - of course they are not so stupid.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
of cos,everyone can migrate.
it is only whether you can meet the requirements of your choice country.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

So looks like your cpf is enough to pay for the debt.... you can contact former delphi nick cheapjustice aka brendon tong hyui koh.... he is an expert in 'how to be a fugitive' but his 'expertise' is only 7 years (1993 wanted by police and caught in 2000) and now he is again on the run...

You probably can find him in sballiance forum... just post there and he will bring you to malaysia (before china) for a good life as a fugitive....

beng

lsalsa

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF is useless. That is why I never invest in CPF. I just only have $50 in my CPF. LOL!! My money is still in there but yet I never bother to check what is the hype and buzz all about with CPF. Aiyoyo...

And yet I am still a pro-dishwasher earning money. No real job that is all.

Dunga

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have foreign citizenship, you can give up sg citizenship, withdraw your cpf and migrate but you have to settle your debts before leaving.

My fren migrated to Australia last year after withdrawing his cpf and renouncing his sg citizenship.

Of course then the process is irreversible.