• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unusual canine behaviour ...

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/7932944/Unusual-canine-behaviour

7933003_600x400.jpg

June spent 10 minutes using her nose to bury a dead dog found on Oreti Beach, near Invercargill.

Southland Times photographer Doug Field captured these images at the weekend of his dog, burying another dog.

Field, who was at Oreti Beach, near Invercargill, was walking his dog June when they came across dead hares and a dead dog.

What happened next was unusual, Field said.

June, ignored the hares, but spent the next 10 minutes using her nose, to flick sand up to bury the dead dog.

''There was quite a reverence in what she did. I've never seen another dog do that before.

''I'd love to hear from an animal behaviour expert to find out if this is common,'' Field said.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/7932944/Unusual-canine-behaviour

7933003_600x400.jpg

June spent 10 minutes using her nose to bury a dead dog found on Oreti Beach, near Invercargill.

Southland Times photographer Doug Field captured these images at the weekend of his dog, burying another dog.

Field, who was at Oreti Beach, near Invercargill, was walking his dog June when they came across dead hares and a dead dog.

What happened next was unusual, Field said.

June, ignored the hares, but spent the next 10 minutes using her nose, to flick sand up to bury the dead dog.

''There was quite a reverence in what she did. I've never seen another dog do that before.

''I'd love to hear from an animal behaviour expert to find out if this is common,'' Field said.

Ive seen it with me own eyes laddie.
a Mother burying her own pups who had just died in a roadkill..all the time she was a howlin. sad and gruesome scene indeed.But a display of a mothers love nevertheless.
A parent should never have to bury their young ones.