• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"You talking to me?"....Robert De Niro....

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1976, New York — Robert De Niro, as Travis Bickle, and director Martin Scorsese, on the set of Taxi Driver. The two had previously collaborated in the 1973 film, Mean Streets. It’s hard to believe that Scorsese originally offered the role of Travis Bickle to Dustin Hoffman, who turned it down. Hoffman recalls, “I remember meeting Martin Scorsese. He had no script and I didn’t even know who he was. I hadn’t seen any of his films and he talked a mile a minute telling me what the movie would be about. I was thinking, ‘What is he talking about?’ I thought the guy was crazy! The film was Taxi Driver.”

....... When he signed-on to play Travis Bickle, De Niro was still abroad filming Bernardo Bertolucci’s 1900 in Italy. De Niro would finish shooting on a Friday in Rome, get on a plane and fly to New York. He even obtained an official NYC taxi cab driver’s license, and when on break would pick up a cab and drive long shifts on the streets of New York City for a couple weeks at a time before flying back to Rome. In typical De Niro form, he shed 30- 35 lbs. for the role and studied the diaries of Arthur Bremer (who shot presidential candidate George Wallace in 1972) to get inside his head.

Jodie Foster was not originally the first choice to play Iris. Melanie Griffith, Linda Blair, Bo Derek, Carrie Fisher, Brooke Shields, and Mariel Hemingway all auditioned for the role. When almost everyone turned down the controversial role, the 12-year-old Foster was finally chosen by Scorsese over Kristy McNichol. The young actress who played Iris’s friend in Taxi Driver was a true-life working prostitute studied by Foster to help her get into the role.....

18880500.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Al Pacino in Scarface is even better. Really pulled off the dirty Cuban style with zeal.

Al Pacino...another great character actor.... "Dog Day Afternoon" & "Serpico", don't think Dog Day Afternoon was even shown here, Ministry of Culture saw "red" with the homosexual theme...& Serpico...it was mutilated!

Last edited:

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Al Pacino...another great character actor.... "Dog Day Afternoon" & "Serpico", don't think Dog Day Afternoon was even shown here, Ministry of Culture saw "red" with the homosexual theme...& Serpico...it was mutilated!
Lest we forget, The Godfather.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XJNnDCOK_gw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

funny wwe version.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A mentally unstable Vietnam war veteran works as a nighttime taxi driver in New York City where the perceived decadence and sleaze feeds his urge to violently lash out, attempting to save a teenage prostitute in the process.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube_share;Nw9LCo0JwCQ]http://youtu.be/Nw9LCo0JwCQ[/video]

This one speaks for the Taxi Driver - a lonely, angry and frustrated man, ready to explode. World class performance.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube_share;T04O85UmJqs]http://youtu.be/T04O85UmJqs[/video]

Crazy and insane. But superb actor.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Al Pacino...another great character actor.... "Dog Day Afternoon" & "Serpico", don't think Dog Day Afternoon was even shown here, Ministry of Culture saw "red" with the homosexual theme...& Serpico...it was mutilated![/QUO

Don't forget Scarface, Al Pacino very good actor fit right into the role he play. Serpico story are like the the non fiction book Prince of the City love reading that book.

Prince of the City (1981) is an American crime drama film about an NYPD officer who chooses to expose police corruption for idealistic reasons. The character of Daniel Ciello (played by Treat Williams) was based on real-life NYPD Narcotics Detective Robert Leuci[1] and the script was based on Robert Daley's 1978 book of the same name.

The film was directed by Sidney Lumet and also featured Jerry Orbach.Based on the non-fiction book by Peter Maas, the film covers twelve years (from 1960 to June 15, 1972) in the life of Frank Serpico, a NYPD officer who wants to do the best he can as a policeman

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube_share;sJU2cz9ytPQ]http://youtu.be/sJU2cz9ytPQ[/video]

this is what will happen if you are stupid,careless and reckless.....Sonny Boy!!!