• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lucky Tan debunks DPM Teo's arguments on immigration

jw5

Loyal
How many times you want to see "suicide squads" sent to AMK and give him 70% mandate?

all I wanted was for GMS to successfully persuade him to do 20 burpees and 50 squats every morning before breakfast............... :(

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What Lucky Tan is saying is that there is no shortfall or that the shortfall is over-compensated. Why do we have to over-compensate? The govt is not telling you.

Bro, these concepts of shortfall and over-compensation are far too difficult for Kinana to grasp.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since peasants do not have the right to reply, their views are discounted.

Frankly, one Lucky Tan in parliament is better than 5 lame ducks in blue. Who cares about MPS and walkabouts? Uncle never once found it necessary to go MPS see MP and pray for boons from the higher mortals.

Bro, I won't say one Lucky Tan in parliament is better than 5 lame ducks in blue.

But I surely agree with you that it would be wonderful to have people like Lucky Tan and Ng Kok Lim to be in the parliament. Only wish they could step forward and be counted. :wink:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I won't say one Lucky Tan in parliament is better than 5 lame ducks in blue.

But I surely agree with you that it would be wonderful to have people like Lucky Tan and Ng Kok Lim to be in the parliament. Only wish they could step forward and be counted. :wink:

I must say he is one smart cookie and would make an excellent parliamentarian. However it may not be his wish to go into the limelight and speak against liberal immigration and labour relations. We have to respect his choice. With more than half of the workforce estimated to be of foreign origins, it can be difficult to publicly make a stand without damaging one's own reputation in business or at the workplace.

So the next best role to play is to do the homework for current parliamentarians, and hope they take it from there. At the very least, people will grow more informed as the blatant lies of the establishment are unveiled one by one.

Of course it has been rather futile. To me, there doesn't seem to be anyone in WP capable of mmm... counting. Big numbers baffle them! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Ok, that will be my last WP rant for this year. I probably said more today than I ever did before.

Last edited:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes if you import a 30 year working new FT and give him PR or citizenship, he would be contributing to the CPFschemes immediately.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky Tan has been arguing this point since last year but no one in the govt seems to have picked it up and continually propagates the same alleged error that Lucky Tan repeatedly highlighted. What is happening across the various layers of our government?

lucky tan is right and wrong: we can't import an adult to make up for today's baby shortfall...
but we can import adults to make up for the baby shortfall that occurred as a result of our disastrous Stop-at-2 policy.

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
lucky tan is right and wrong: we can't import an adult to make up for today's baby shortfall...
but we can import adults to make up for the baby shortfall that occurred as a result of our disastrous Stop-at-2 policy.

These imported FT adults will take care of Sg elderlies? No right.

Then what is the purpose of lowering the working adult vs elderlies ratio.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Limpeh no time to watch paint dry. Fastest way is effect change in SG is to extricate the Lees. Some good will come out of it. Then your blue ducklings can slowly grow fat, nobody rush them.

How many times you want to see "suicide squads" sent to AMK and give him 70% mandate?

LKY is dying, LHL is on his last legs in parliament. all we need to do is make sure the 3rd gen of lees don't get voted in. watch for tin pei ling part 2 in 2016.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We expect DPM Teo to come up with better arguments than this..

He did.

DPMTEO_1.jpg

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lucky was actually arguing about the magnitude of the import as well as the age of the import. Anyway a cultural change has taken place with Stop-at-2 policy. PRC's culture is even worse. It is a stop at 1. This is not easy to reverse. Also the cost of living and keeping babies have gone up too which wouldn't help. These imports also bring with them older members who will not be contributing any baby.

Last edited:

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
But Lucky Tan don't have any solutions for the current shortfall either. Why worry about 50 years later? stupid right?

Think of long term is never wrong. Unlike you, short sighted....ZOO is your only place to retire peacefully....Got FREE SHIT and Animal Canned Food for you !

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it mean these new citizens won't grow old in the future? They may not even be around in the future. :rolleyes:

In a recent town hall meeting, DPM Teo Chee Hean presented his argument that our low fertility rate today means that we need to have 20K-25K new citizens per year.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is a very compassionate government! Only a foolish new citizen would not vote for them.

I think the PAP is being shortsighted. After a couple of years living as a citizen under the local laws and regulations, if they don't curse like an ordinary citizen, even though in a heavily PRC accented Mandarin, I will be very surprised.