• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does it profit a man if he wins the whole world but loses his own soul ?

Missionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
A verse from the Bible: What does it profit a man if he wins the whole world but loses his own soul ?

Think about it.

Your life span on earth is about 100 years (if you are lucky) ...... and after-life, eternity.

Do you prefer to live carelessly now, deny God and suffer after death or suffer much inconvenience now, but dwell with God in heaven for the rest of eternity ?

Think about it. From a risk-reward standpoint, is it something worth it for you to ponder over ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Soul ? There's no such thing as soul in the first place ... And there's no heaven .. period . :wink: gong cheeby like you are asking things that don't exist . What is the skin colour of condom monster . Whahhaha .

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you prefer to live carelessly now, deny God and suffer after death or suffer much inconvenience now, but dwell with God in heaven for the rest of eternity ?

Think about it. From a risk-reward standpoint, is it something worth it for you to ponder over ?

There is little proof of a supreme being and even less of a payout when your time expires on earth. Do the dearly departed write back to you describing about the marvels of the otherworld? Indeed, this world means so little to some that they look forward to another. Visit the emigration folder my friend to better your own life on earth.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
We don't know for sure how the universe started or how life began, but we do know the abrahamic god had nothing to do with it.

Missionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soul ? There's no such thing as soul in the first place ... And there's no heaven .. period . :wink: gong cheeby like you are asking things that don't exist . What is the skin colour of condom monster . Whahhaha .

How do you know there is no soul ? Why are you so willing to take the risk of eternal condemnation ?

Missionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is little proof of a supreme being and even less of a payout when your time expires on earth. Do the dearly departed write back to you describing about the marvels of the otherworld? Indeed, this world means so little to some that they look forward to another. Visit the emigration folder my friend to better your own life on earth.

Proof ? You are not looking hard enough.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
A verse from the Bible: What does it profit a man if he wins the whole world but loses his own soul ?

Think about it.

Your life span on earth is about 100 years (if you are lucky) ...... and after-life, eternity.

how do you prove that god exist?

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to prove, YHWH was created and designed by the rabbis a tiny tribe in the middle-east.

Christianity is fundamentally primitive politics. The ancient enslaved Jews wanted to establish religious / political-power against their overwhelming "might makes right" / evil force, the "Republican" Romans. So, the Jews invented Yahweh's Messiah, Jesus Christ, which was designed to politically organize and rally their tribes. Christianity, today, amounts to a competitive political party. Islam can be considered an opposing candidate. Western atheism tends to oppose both.

US today, Christians tend to lean toward the Republican's, heavy-handed, "might makes right", policies. Power-crazy "authority worshippers" tend to be protestant Christian and Republican.

Missionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a wild postulation to conveniently fit your current mindset. All those who reject religion tend to find ready-made hypotheses to suit their lifestyle inclinations. Dig deeper, you'll find a different answer if you adopt an open-mind.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Missionary,
Sir not hypotheses, ancient european history + politics.

Last edited:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Missionary,
In good faith, I believe you have kind intention, so you are welcome to exchange and share different views.

Are you another Lutheran?

Sir, the harder I look at the Holy Books, the more faults surfaced. All there in are gems? Wisphers of the divine? Absolutely no errors?
Sir, how to expect other to buy-in when you can't give your honest answers?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How do you know there is no soul ? Why are you so willing to take the risk of eternal condemnation ?

You don't need a rocket scientist to tell you there's no condom monster isn't it ? If I tell you condom monster said you must drink your own pee if you don't want to go hell .. Would you risk your next life by obeying him ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is a wild postulation to conveniently fit your current mindset. All those who reject religion tend to find ready-made hypotheses to suit their lifestyle inclinations. Dig deeper, you'll find a different answer if you adopt an open-mind.

Yes your mind so open until your brain pop out :wink:

Missionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Missionary,
In good faith, I believe you have kind intention, so you are welcome to exchange and share different views.

Are you another Lutheran?

Sir, the harder I look at the Holy Books, the more faults surfaced. All there in are gems? Wisphers of the divine? Absolutely no errors?
Sir, how to expect other to buy-in when you can't give your honest answers?

Hi Toronto,

I will be as honest as I am capable of. But sometimes, as always over the internet, the receiving end may not perceive my vantage point correctly, and thus, readily choose to cast a skeptical eye on my opinions. This is your perogative. I respect your right of opinions. Nevertheless, thank you so much for your openness to allow me to share views here and for discussion.

My religious views are molded by life experience, more than anything else.

I was once, a very bad boy. I think I was very ugly deep down inside me, lots of wickedness. I chased away all those who loved me. I did bad things. It may surprise you that how a cynic like me will one day succumb to the altar call.

I believe you have, one way or another, attended church functions. I believe you have, along the way, been put off by the very 'churchy' facade of the followers. They pepper their greetings with "Hey brother .... sister ....God bless .....etc "

You think an ah beng like me bought into all these crappy, hypocritical facade when I first conceded to invitations by christian friends ? I responded very much like how you'll imagine an ah beng will respond.

Even now, when I attend church, I get riled up by all these seemingly politically-correct 'churchy' lingo and pretentious behaviour by church members. This is the failure of people. A failure of church members, of which they will all face judgement of God one day.

God never fails. God is love. The bible is a message of love. It is a message from God that even though I am unlovable, God gives me a chance and God loves me.

But God never intended churches to be like these. The early churches were the anti-thesis of the modern versions in the form of City Harvest, New Creation Church, FCBC etc ........These churches blindly imported deviant versions from the US. Which brings me to another important point .....

After experiential, it should be followed by intellectual .... otherwise, the beliefs will go haywire ...... and end up becoming like all the mal-practising churches.

Intellectual aspect of Christianity is what I can discuss with you here. The experiential aspect, it is personal. If you have an encounter with God, just as I did many years back, you'll know.

Missionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you imagine hard enough everything is possible .. :wink:

No need to imagine. You just have to search hard enough.

I know you are a breeder. You deal with the advent of life on a daily basis. Have you thought of how life propagates ? Investigate meiosis and ask yourself if life is a random process or one beautifully designed plan ?

If any one miniscule part of the meiosis is out of whack, life doesn't begin.

If you are a believer that formation of life is a random process, then it is the same as saying that in 10 mllion years, if you put a large number of monkeys in front of the type-writer, you'll get a finished product in the form of " War and Peace "

Search deeper. Don't leave your eternity to chance.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No need to imagine. You just have to search hard enough.

I know you are a breeder. You deal with the advent of life on a daily basis. Have you thought of how life propagates ? Investigate meiosis and ask yourself if life is a random process or one beautifully designed plan ?

If any one miniscule part of the meiosis is out of whack, life doesn't begin.

If you are a believer that formation of life is a random process, then it is the same as saying that in 10 mllion years, if you put a large number of monkeys in front of the type-writer, you'll get a finished product in the form of " War and Peace "

Search deeper. Don't leave your eternity to chance.

"'I know you are a breeder. You deal with the advent of life on a daily basis. Have you thought of how life propagates ? Investigate meiosis and ask yourself if life is a random process or one beautifully designed plan " ?

Good question , it's random .. By the way again , let me ask you the same question . If I tell u condom monster ask you to drink your pee and eat your own shit if not you will go to hell .. Would you leave your "eternity "to chance? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Toronto,

I will be as honest as I am capable of. But sometimes, as always over the internet, the receiving end may not perceive my vantage point correctly, and thus, readily choose to cast a skeptical eye on my opinions. This is your perogative. I respect your right of opinions. Nevertheless, thank you so much for your openness to allow me to share views here and for discussion.

My religious views are molded by life experience, more than anything else.

I was once, a very bad boy. I think I was very ugly deep down inside me, lots of wickedness. I chased away all those who loved me. I did bad things. It may surprise you that how a cynic like me will one day succumb to the altar call.

I believe you have, one way or another, attended church functions. I believe you have, along the way, been put off by the very 'churchy' facade of the followers. They pepper their greetings with "Hey brother .... sister ....God bless .....etc "

You think an ah beng like me bought into all these crappy, hypocritical facade when I first conceded to invitations by christian friends ? I responded very much like how you'll imagine an ah beng will respond.

Even now, when I attend church, I get riled up by all these seemingly politically-correct 'churchy' lingo and pretentious behaviour by church members. This is the failure of people. A failure of church members, of which they will all face judgement of God one day.

God never fails. God is love. The bible is a message of love. It is a message from God that even though I am unlovable, God gives me a chance and God loves me.

But God never intended churches to be like these. The early churches were the anti-thesis of the modern versions in the form of City Harvest, New Creation Church, FCBC etc ........These churches blindly imported deviant versions from the US. Which brings me to another important point .....

After experiential, it should be followed by intellectual .... otherwise, the beliefs will go haywire ...... and end up becoming like all the mal-practising churches.

Intellectual aspect of Christianity is what I can discuss with you here. The experiential aspect, it is personal. If you have an encounter with God, just as I did many years back, you'll know.

Aiya , your story have been told by a lot of delusional ppl .. Nothing new and not surprise :wink: I know some normal ppl that become crazy over night .. Don't believe go and ask IMH doctor .

Missionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
"'I know you are a breeder. You deal with the advent of life on a daily basis. Have you thought of how life propagates ? Investigate meiosis and ask yourself if life is a random process or one beautifully designed plan " ?

Good question , it's random .. By the way again , let me ask you the same question . If I tell u condom monster ask you to drink your pee and eat your own shit if not you will go to hell .. Would you leave your "eternity "to chance? :wink:

Brother Drifter, you are not searching hard enough.

The Bible says to take the narrow road. The wide road is where many people will choose. True Christianity is a hard life. It is the opposite of the 'Health and Wealth' version propagated by many people nowadays.

Love your enemies. God requires this of me. This is hard. Care for your wife as much as your care for your own body. This is what God requires.

God is love. God does not require you to do things that will harm yourself. Read the Bible, get to know God before making premature judgements.

Above all, it is a message of grace. The Bible says "salvation through grace and not by works, lest men may boast .... "

Grace means it is a free gift from God. You do not have to earn your way to salvation, but only believe.

Last edited: