• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Each Friday Night Book In and Sunday AM Book Out stay in Temple observes the precepts

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
At Home House Holder Buddhist must get rid of superstitions, avoid worship of false gods. He has to contribute to the welfare of his relations, show hospitality to strangers, give thank to the guardian angels, and departed spirits. He should visit the temple and pay worship to the Bodhi tree and the Relic Stupa. Each Weekend stay in Buddhist Lodge observes the eight precepts.

The 8 precepts

1st precept

I will abstain from being harmful to living beings. I will not kill; I will cause injuries to other beings, whatever and whoever they are. Not even to the mosquitoes that bite me.

2nd precept

I will abstain from stealing. I will not appropriate others property, I will not take possession of that which has not been given to me. I will not even take the metro, even for a station distance, without paying.

3rd precept

I will abstain from all sexual practices. No copulation, no masturbation. I will even avoid indulging in petting. I will not commit adultery; I will not indulge into any illegal sexual relationship, neither through prostitution, etc.

4th precept

I will abstain from uttering lies. I will not lie; I will be honest while facing all situations. Whatever one might think and whatever the intention underlying it might be, a lie will always bear a negative result. I will even avoid speaking ill of anyone, swearing and indulging in vain talks.

5th precept

I will refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness. That is to say: I will not consume any substance likely to intoxicate my body or my mind, such as alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc. I will even avoid drinking too much coffee. Due to health reasons, the medicines are authorized.

6th precept

I will abstain from eating after noon time. I will never consume any solid foods after the solar noon and this, until the following dawn. During this period, I will no even drink milk, which is considered as a solid food, as it is very nourishing. In case of severe hunger or a great lack of energy, honey, molasses, liquid sugars, oil and butter are also authorized.

7th precept

I will abstain from listening or playing music, songs, wearing flowers, jewelers and other ornaments. I will not listen to some music, I will not watch any show whatsoever, I will not watch films, neither go for entertainment, nor read any fashion magazines, play games, etc. I will not wear perfumes; I will not arrange my body for an aesthetic purpose. I will even avoid dressing myself in an attractive way. For health reasons, skin care products are authorized.

8th precept

I will refrain from lining or seating on high and luxurious places. I will not sit or lie down on places located higher than those of the noble ones.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Each Friday Night Book In and Sunday AM Book Out stay in Temple observes the prec

Buddhist must get rid of superstitions ? So recarnation is superstition anot ? :wink:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Each Friday Night Book In and Sunday AM Book Out stay in Temple observes the prec

Amitabha Tibet and Maitreya China believed recarnation. Dalai Lama can float 3 inches because of recarnation many times. It is a fact. It is not superstition. But it is not a proper way or link to Nirvana. Recarnation, itself is suffering or sin or dosa. Nirvana is above suffering.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Amitabha Tibet and Maitreya China believed recarnation. Dalai Lama can float 3 inches because of recarnation many times. It is a fact. It is not superstition. But it is not a proper way or link to Nirvana. Recarnation, itself is suffering or sin or dosa. Nirvana is above suffering.

It's a fact that recarnation is real ? Can I oso tell you Buddha is a gay ? Please show me concrete proof that recarnation is real other then some fairy tales story that found on net :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Amitabha Tibet and Maitreya China believed recarnation is real
Not automantically means recarnation is real . So the pope believe Jesus can walk on water means Jesus really walk on water ?

Last edited:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even Bible tell Baby and small kids will never lie but tell the fact. Some recarnation is real and some is lie.

The reason Vinaya Zen China can obtain Nirvana is Meditate at the right point.

The reason Mahayana Tibet reborn as Human again and again is Meditate at low point.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Even Bible tell Baby and small kids will never lie but tell the fact. Some recarnation is real and some is lie.

The reason Vinaya Zen China can obtain Nirvana is Meditate at the right point.

The reason Mahayana Tibet reborn as Human again and again is Meditate at low point.

Who told u kids never lie ? When I was a kid I lie and steal :wink: By the way , how u know Vinaya Zen China can obtain Nirvana is Meditate at the right point ? So how to tell which recarnation is real and which are not ? :wink:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is no difficult if a monk or a nun or a retire householder who sincere to purify itself. Or any religion person (Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Jew, Taoist) who purify itself to be a holy person.

They had Meditate and pray to Heaven daily. When they pass away, they will reach the promise land.

The way Tibetan Meditate is to reborn again as Human. They call it recarnation.

The way Chinese Maitraya is to reborn at 33 level heaven and wish to reborn as Human again. They call it recarnation of Bodhisattva.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It is no difficult if a monk or a nun or a retire householder who sincere to purify itself. Or any religion person (Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Jew, Taoist) who purify itself to be a holy person.

They had Meditate and pray to Heaven daily. When they pass away, they will reach the promise land.

The way Chinese Maitraya is to reborn at 33 level heaven and wish to reborn as Human again. They call it recarnation of Bodhisattva.

How you know if They had Meditate and pray to Heaven daily. When they pass away, they will reach the promise land ? Are u like the rest of those Christians nuts here .. Talk and talk without any concret proof ? Then u must be delusion too .

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

One of the suffering is hate. One of the suffering is proof. One of the suffering is attach. Purify to be a kids and holy heart. All is in one living being. We born as nature living being and return as nature living being. You can talk what you can but with wisdom. Hell is wide path but heaven is narrow path. Suffering suffering suffering.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Marayanist's Marayana...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

One of the suffering is hate. One of the suffering is proof. One of the suffering is attach. Purify to be a kids and holy heart. All is in one living being. We born as nature living being and return as nature living being. You can talk what you can but with wisdom. Hell is wide path but heaven is narrow path. Suffering suffering suffering.

Knn , you Siao is it ? Hate is a suffering ? unless you are an animal because all human have feeling . And hate is one of the feeling that will never go away . If you burn down a temple see those Botak living in that temple hate you anot !

One of the suffering is proof ? Knn you Siao again is it ? without proof how are u going to believe ? No wonder you religious nuts don't need any proof to believe there's karma and recarnation ! :wink:

One of the suffering is attach ? Knn Buddha also attach under a tree doing nothing :wink:

Purify to be a kid ? Knn you Siao is it ? Kid have no life experience of course pure and immature to know the different between right and wrong , real or fake .

If everything is suffering to you then you better go and die fast .

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dalai Lama can float 3 inches because of recarnation many times. It is a fact. It is not superstition. But it is not a proper way or link to Nirvana. Recarnation, itself is suffering or sin or dosa. Nirvana is above suffering.

Gosh you believe in FAIRY TALE!!

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This fivestar is crazy keep saying negative about life . Life is beautiful . Is he going to brainwashed ppl to make them feel bad about life ?

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Negative plus Positive is mid way

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal

fivestars,
You still haven't give the assembly location on Fri, how do you us to go and fall in?

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal

An important guiding principle of Buddhist practice is the Middle Way (or Middle Path), which is said to have been discovered by Gautama Buddha prior to his enlightenment.

The Middle Way has several definitions:
The practice of non-extremism: a path of moderation away from the extremes of self-indulgence and self-mortification;
The middle ground between certain metaphysical views (for example, that things ultimately either do or do not exist);
An explanation of Nirvana (perfect enlightenment), a state wherein it becomes clear that all dualities apparent in the world are delusory (see Seongcheol);
Another term for emptiness, the ultimate nature of all phenomena (in the Mahayana branch), a lack of inherent existence, which avoids the extremes of permanence and nihilism or inherent existence and nothingness.