• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Look at how these PRC athletes recite our pledge

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 01 Sep 2012
Look at how these Singapore athletes recite our pledge

look_at_how_these_singapore_athletes_recite_our_pledge-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Jack'qist was unhappy to see the lack of respect shown by these athletes representing Singapore during a recitation of the national pledge.

The STOMPer wrote:

"This picture is making the rounds on facebook.

"What they are doing is wrong. Some of these people don't seem have any respect for our national pledge.

"Shouldn't they try to follow our practices? There's more than one not doing it too."

Click on thumbnails for larger image

Keywords: Olympics
<!--<script src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US" type="text/javascript"></script>-->
LOL
6%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
Cute
24%

Shiok
2%

Fail
2%

OMG
1%

Bochup
7%

Ewww!
1%

So Sad
4%

Enraged
53%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was how I used to posture myself too when reciting the pledge. Sometimes standing on one leg.

Anyways, these Ah Tiongs are now saying, "You can recite your pledge the "proper" way thousands of times, how will that help you to win medals?"

Cheers!

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't remember saying the pledge as a kid with a fist over the heart. Neither did we sing Majulah with this pose.
When did this practise start?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
auyah noting wrong wat. they feel shy lah. so just stand still and don't know what to do lor. why pick on such petty things. putting the hand acorss the chest like hitler people. i put my hands behind my back when i pledge. sometimes i just stand still. or run out of the room and pee. no need to be so petty. why pick on the prc fellow? i see uncles and aunties eating away taupaus when the pledge and majulah singapura. many can't be bothered at all......maybe only the government people will stand straight and have a serious face.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was a small boi boi, I remembered we recited the pledge in school w/o putting the fist on heart thingy leh.

Nothing wrong what.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get so worked up or patriotic over our pledge.
LKY himself had confirmed our pledge is just a Asspiration.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think reason why Feng never put hand over boobs because already too small already. Flatten some more, macham prata.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't remember saying the pledge as a kid with a fist over the heart. Neither did we sing Majulah with this pose.
When did this practise start?

When I was a small boi boi, I remembered we recited the pledge in school w/o putting the fist on heart thingy leh.

Nothing wrong what.
Much as I dislike FTs, have to agree din have the current stupid pose back then....just stand still can liao.
Dun anyhow attack the FTs....it's the policies of the white masters that brought them here.