• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Accidental encounters with ISD agents

General

Alfrescian
Loyal
some months ago, there was this guy that was under survelliance. an old chap friend of mine who hangs ard the neighbourhood told me that. i went down to notice it myself. it was true. there were a few guys altogether. 2 of them sat in the pondok acting like one of the basketball players.. another one under the block. another one at the loading bay carpark. and i dont know how many else. it was exciting. when their target came down from his block, they all split up n walk in different directions. some even parked their car on the level of the multistory carpark thats about the same height as his home. i even saw them at 5ish in the morning sititing in their cars at a high level of the multistory carpark looking into his home i presume. but when their target took his car, a car followed him. then further up, the car would change course n a bike would take over. but funny part is, we were doing a survelliance on the agents without them noticing it.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But hor, we must admit that is one hell of an exciting job. I wouldn't mind trying if I have the chance. Too bad I have no friend in ISD to recommend me. Hahaha....

Exciting ONLY in the beginning. Thereafter, no one looks forward to these assignments. When there is a breakthrough in cases, these chaps hardly get any credit.

In the past, some of these chaps wanted a change coz surveillance boys don't carry firearms. It's machiam 'am pai bo cheng'. There were also cases whereby the subjects under surveillance called for police assistance coz they detected being trailed. You must mati mati deny everything said and come up with a good alibi. Can be tricky at times.

Not sure about your physical attributes. Surveillance boys cannot be 'outstanding'. They need to be your average Joe or Jane. Cannot be too tall, too short, bald, balding, too handsome, ugly, etc.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That being said, the best way to trail a person is by not moving at all, meaning you know exactly, where the subject is going, when he is going, how is he going, what route is he going and who is he going to meet.

That way, you will never be detected. Impossible? It is possible.

Very true - very possible. You sure know how it is done. Hardly a surprise considering your nick. Cheers.

16 posts in almost 3 years? Find time to contribute more, bro. I am sure you have more to contribute.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some months ago, there was this guy that was under survelliance. an old chap friend of mine who hangs ard the neighbourhood told me that. i went down to notice it myself. it was true. there were a few guys altogether. 2 of them sat in the pondok acting like one of the basketball players.. another one under the block. another one at the loading bay carpark. and i dont know how many else. it was exciting. when their target came down from his block, they all split up n walk in different directions. some even parked their car on the level of the multistory carpark thats about the same height as his home. i even saw them at 5ish in the morning sititing in their cars at a high level of the multistory carpark looking into his home i presume. but when their target took his car, a car followed him. then further up, the car would change course n a bike would take over. but funny part is, we were doing a survelliance on the agents without them noticing it.

Maybe an ambush. If this type of surveillance, cannot be from ISD or CNB. They are more professional.

If the above took place, more likely from police.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that espionage? Hahahahaaaa. Sabotage and espionage, both ending with 'age' are two different subject matters.

Opps.. Got confused.

What i mean is Sabotage.
(By the way my earlier statement was not pointing or referring that ISD/SPF organized the Ripping of opposition posters during the Last G.E - They got better things to do)

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Or just private investigators. They have problem getting people to do the job so that employ anyone.

Maybe an ambush. If this type of surveillance, cannot be from ISD or CNB. They are more professional.

If the above took place, more likely from police.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Or just private investigators. They have problem getting people to do the job so that employ anyone.

95% PI work involves 'steal eat' assignments. The balance 5% will be copyright matters etc. Nothing exciting at all unless your target is a MIW!

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
An overseas uni Singkie grad was applying for jobs - lost count of the jobs he applied for but received an email inviting him for an interview for a role related to his field. A company name accompanied the email so he being abit of a sotong thought we would wing it.

He turns up at a hotel, is shown to a meeting room and is placed in front of a panel of 3 Aussies. He is quite stumped but as the questions progressed he realised it was not a job he had applied but his name had been forwarded for consideration for a sensitive government role. This was a preliminary screening/meeting.
He answered the various questions and the left once the questions were concluded.

He then gets a call and is told that he has made it past the preliminary stage and he was to be invited for a second interview at another hotel. He turns up, meets the caller and sits down for another interview/screening session. He is told that the organisation had all the details of his past including all his misdemeanours but they were still interested. He was told that the role would be in the field and that he would not be able to contact his family at all - any contact would be through his handler only. He would undergo training but once in the field he would be on his own - if he was apprehended, any contact with the authorities would be denied and he would pretty left to fend for himself.

At this point in time the guy is quite desperate for any job and he was seriously weighing up severing family ties for the sake of the role and a pension.

Then he had to undergo a psych evaluation - and he could not bring himself to lie even though he knew that telling the truth would probably rule him out. He told the truth, finished the test and left.

He received a call soon after and was told that they would not take it forward because he did not display the qualities needed for the role when he provided his answers in the psych test.

That was the last contact he had and when he tried to call the various phone numbers (which he had been subsequently given throughout the "interview" process, all the numbers were disconnected).

He still wanders whether he made the right choice - he was unwilling to compromise his personal values for the sake of the role and will never know what it would have been really like.

Another graduate from Oxford, British national from an immigrant family applies to MI5 - he goes through 8 - 9 rounds of interviews and various tests. They are immensely interested because of his intelligence and linguistic skills. Just after he finished the 9th interview, he applied for a scholarship for another course at Oxford, just as a back-up in case he did not land the MI5 gig - he received a call a couple of weeks later and told that they could no longer consider him because he had not told them about his scholarship application. The sentiment was that he could not be trusted absolutely as they had told him from the very beginning that he had to share everything with them. He went on to work for a major oil and gas company but still wanders what it would have been like working for MI5.

I guess there is a little James Bond intrigue in the spy game.

Last edited:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
An overseas uni Singkie grad.. <snip> ..He still wanders whether he made the right choice - he was unwilling to compromise his personal values for the sake of the role and will never know what it would have been really like.

he made the right choice, if he signed up he will lan-lan have to do things against his personal values, he'll be having a shit time & forever looking over his shoulders, worried about his "employers".

I guess there is a little James Bond intrigue in the spy game.

you live by the sword, you die by the sword.. not a very nice life, only idiots, fantasists, control freaks & hardcore believers need sign up. it's a one way ticket to being cucuk from behind!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exciting ONLY in the beginning. Thereafter, no one looks forward to these assignments. When there is a breakthrough in cases, these chaps hardly get any credit.

In the past, some of these chaps wanted a change coz surveillance boys don't carry firearms. It's machiam 'am pai bo cheng'. There were also cases whereby the subjects under surveillance called for police assistance coz they detected being trailed. You must mati mati deny everything said and come up with a good alibi. Can be tricky at times.

Not sure about your physical attributes. Surveillance boys cannot be 'outstanding'. They need to be your average Joe or Jane. Cannot be too tall, too short, bald, balding, too handsome, ugly, etc.

yes, you are right. cannot be too outstanding. 007 james bond like that sure cannot.
it happened in G div before, FRC attended. checked on the isd fella, but heard it was ops room asked the FRC fella to let the isd fella go. due to directive from MHA. i think the ops sgt that time sure pissed in his or her pants.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is always easier to trail a subject who is not security conscious. When one is, very much harder.

Even a teenager like Michael Fay and company detected they were being watched 24/7 while he was on bail. Why? Coz where he lived, you had no chance to hide, even in a car. You get exposed easily.

To put a person on surveillance if subject is driving, you probably need at least 6 chaps - 2 in a vehilce, 3 vehicles. Alternatively, bikes are used but these poor chaps buanged quite often when it rains. Do you keep in close contact with your target and risk exposure? Do you stay a distance and risk losing sight of your target?

Any tips to detect surveillance? Yes, use common sense kau liao. Before that, try not to put yourself up as a subject for surveillance.

bro, u really know how its done. the 3 car will take turn and of cos pre plan the route. like what you said they most likely already know where u r going and have vehicles waiting for you along the way to shadow you.