• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FXHarvest

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

For those of you (Singaporeans) who own a property in JB, live there, and commute to SG every work day: Do you need to apply for long term social visit pass? If so, what are the conditions required? I checked the immigration site www.imi.gov.my but they do not reveal the eligibility and conditions requirements.

I always thought that as long as our passport is stamped within the 30 days visa-free period it is fine. But apparently today one sharp-eyed immigration officer questioned about my residency in Malaysia and said that I cannot rely on short-term visa to live in JB when she scrutinized my mom's passport (My passport is on MACS and my mom lives with me in JB but no MACS). She said that we can be charged and jailed for this offense! So I called up the Immigration HQ hotline she gave me and they replied that I have to come over to collect a checklist first. Anyone knows what is in the checklist?

Thanks...

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.. that's y many buy instead of rent.. but u must look around n find 1 that u really like as a home b4 buying.. can't anyhow buy..

There r still many developments that allow one to buy a RM500K property.. look around..

*Sorry for posting twice*

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh, doesn't it cost the same to pay rent vs paying loan installments?

Yes.. that's y many buy instead of rent.. but u must look around n find 1 that u really like as a home b4 buying.. can't anyhow buy..

There r still many developments that allow one to buy a RM500K property.. look around..

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

For those of you (Singaporeans) who own a property in JB, live there, and commute to SG every work day: Do you need to apply for long term social visit pass? If so, what are the conditions required? I checked the immigration site www.imi.gov.my but they do not reveal the eligibility and conditions requirements.

I always thought that as long as our passport is stamped within the 30 days visa-free period it is fine. But apparently today one sharp-eyed immigration officer questioned about my residency in Malaysia and said that I cannot rely on short-term visa to live in JB when she scrutinized my mom's passport (My passport is on MACS and my mom lives with me in JB but no MACS). She said that we can be charged and jailed for this offense! So I called up the Immigration HQ hotline she gave me and they replied that I have to come over to collect a checklist first. Anyone knows what is in the checklist?

Thanks...

U have to apply for MM2H.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks...

Just apply MACS for both, and tell the official that you are temporarily taking care of old Malaysian relatives, when questioned.... With MACS, it's v rare to be questioned.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks...

Just to share: you should visit this page: http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main-services/pass.html?id=283

"MACS is simply a form of fast-track facilitation and does not act as an immigration pass or visa. Visitors are still required to obtain visa (if applicable) and will be issued with relevant immigration pass."

Since you own a property, look under "Property Owner". However, this applies only to spouses and dependents (children). You need to clarify whether your mum qualifies as dependent for the MACS purposes.

Hope this helps.

FXHarvest

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the replies...

I made a trip to the Immigration HQ at Kempas yesterday to seek clarification. The counter officer said that there is no long term visa/pass schemes available for Singaporeans like myself and my mom who just own property in JB. It is either I have to marry a Malaysian spouse to apply for 5 year Visa or apply for MM2H. When I questioned him about the stamping passports at least once every 30 days to fulfill immigration requirements, he replied that they have stopped accepting that about 2 months ago, because they have caught alot of illegal immigrants using that method to bypass work permit application.

Think I will accompany my mom to apply for MACS and see how...

kcwx35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I am looking at getting a property in JB as weekend/retirement home. Is it too late now? Went to look at KSL Taman Bukit Jaya Semi-D (RM$1M) and also Eco Botanic Grassten superlink house (RM$1.2M). Both from Developer directly.
Any comment on these 2?

Btw, are there anymore units available from developer at Horizon Hill?

Hope to learn from the experts in this forum. Thanks.

FXHarvest

Alfrescian
Loyal

I made a trip to the Immigration HQ at Kempas yesterday to seek clarification. The counter officer said that there is no long term visa/pass schemes available for Singaporeans like myself and my mom who just own property in JB. It is either I have to marry a Malaysian spouse to apply for 5 year Visa or apply for MM2H. When I questioned him about the stamping passports at least once every 30 days to fulfill immigration requirements, he replied that they have stopped accepting that about 2 months ago, because they have caught alot of illegal immigrants using that method to bypass work permit application.

Forgot to mention that the HQ officer advised us (if we are not applying for any visa) that the new law now requires us to reside in SG for a week (at least 6 days) for every 3 weeks in JB.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to mention that the HQ officer advised us (if we are not applying for any visa) that the new law now requires us to reside in SG for a week (at least 6 days) for every 3 weeks in JB.

This new measure if Implemented fully & enforced will see thousands of Singaporeans forced out of JB back to reside in SG... :(

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Or if you have a school going child/children who study in Johor's international school can also apply guardian visa which link to the student visa. The country is running out of money and forcing people to park their RM300k into the local bank in exchange for MM2H.

kcwx35

Alfrescian
Loyal
It should be about 60-70% now, some banks will loan more but i doubt it.

Just got answer from Maybank yesterday after sending all my documents a few days ago that they can offer me 80% at 4.25% for 16 years which is until 60 years old. Weird to me how come not until 65 years?

Now waiting for Standard Chartered to get back to me.

kcwx35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got answer from Maybank yesterday after sending all my documents a few days ago that they can offer me 80% at 4.25% for 16 years which is until 60 years old. Weird to me how come not until 65 years?

Now waiting for Standard Chartered to get back to me.

In addition the Loan from Maybank is called Islamic Loan? Is Islamic loan good or bad?

Did anyone get Fire Insurance and Premier Cash Refund(PCR) together with Maybank Mortgage Loan?
Maybank told me that PCR replaced MRTT. PCR get get back all your premium if ended tenure. MRTT cannot get back a single cent if nothing happen. Is it True? any gimmick behind it?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Islamic loan is just a repackaged normal loan. There is a cap on the interest rate, which is a good thing to avoid a spike in the event of a market turmoil.

There is always a price for benefits. Check the rate, terms and conditions of the insurance.

kcwx35

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Islamic loan is just a repackaged normal loan. There is a cap on the interest rate, which is a good thing to avoid a spike in the event of a market turmoil.

There is always a price for benefits. Check the rate, terms and conditions of the insurance.

Wow, the PCR is around RM$20k/year. Big surprise to me. Need to fork out extra RM$6400/month for the next 10 years. Just have to treat it as saving a total of RM$200K and pay off the total loan by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.