• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A terrible weekend - You ARE FIRED!

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, retrenchment is GOOD !!! If there is no retrenchment, I will be worried.... Who the FUCK said that ?

Never mind. Serious speaking, if one takes the retrenchment positively, it will do more good. I take it positively in 2002, I was retrenched during SARS. When 911 occurs, our sales dipped for the month of October and November but bounced back in December so I was lucky for a few months. When SARS hits, the effect was felt and I was retrenched. I was angry and lost for a while, went for a few interviews without much success, I decided to something on my own.

Even though the economy now has slowed down, but my business is still ok. Hard work, perseverance, and honesty will go a long way. Of course, your skill and knowledge must be better or on par with your competitors.

In a short one week, I received 3 of my friends calling me to keep a lookout for jobs.

They have been retrenched !

More here...

How to survive? :mad:

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though the economy now has slowed down, but my business is still ok. Hard work, perseverance, and honesty will go a long way. Of course, your skill and knowledge must be better or on par with your competitors.

Good for you. There is nothing like being your own boss.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you,

To put it on the record, it is the situation (economy and personal traits) that makes me take the road to be my own boss. I did plan for it long ago but did not materialize as I was enjoying being a employee with very good pay, free travel, and good food. There are lots of sacrifice to be your own boss

Good for you. There is nothing like being your own boss.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that's the spirit mr kunta.congrats and all the best for the coming year.more sales,more business, more profits and more happiness.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you..... I hope to make more money too !! So that, I could help the less fortunate to feed themselves. I mean the real less fortunate and not those that are stipulated by those fucking pappies !!

My dream is to have several food outlets manage by me but run by destitute where they make money from the business for their own survival.

that's the spirit mr kunta.congrats and all the best for the coming year.more sales,more business, more profits and more happiness.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dream is to have several food outlets manage by me but run by destitute where they make money from the business for their own survival.

Idealistic but not improbable! If it ever come to past, you have my full support patronising your business and spreading the word! Hooo.. Aahhhh!:smile:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the economic is so bad, that anyone can be next.
unless you are super rich.
in super stable job, where FT cannot hit you