• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can a Singaporean buy a car (without loan) + insurance in Malaysia on a tourist visa using the address of a rented apartment?

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: VEP Registration

https://vep.jpj.gov.my

Just to share my experience with registering my pte vehicle for the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) registration. I completed it successfully but with much difficulties! Note that there may be additional requirements for commercial vehicles. VEP not required for motorcycles.

1. Read the "About" and "FAQ" in the website very carefully. Important points to note:
a. VEP registration effective 15 Aug 2015.
b. Effective 1 Nov 2015, all foreign pte vehicles (excl. motorcycles) entering Southern Msia need to pay RC (Road Charge) of RM20 per entry using the Touch and Go card.
c. VEP (RFID based) tag is free but there is a registration admin charge of RM10 when collecting the VEP tag later ("after 1 March 2016").
d. VEP is renewable every 5 years
e. VEP tag can be collected at both the CIQ complexes at a date to be announced later. Need to bring along the documents stated in the FAQ.
f. If VEP is expired, an LED panel at the CIQ will prompt you. You can still enter Msia but you will need to pay a penalty fee of RM150 upon leaving Msia.
g. VEP tag is not transferrable. If ownership change, VEP automatically expires. New owner needs to apply for a new VEP. Original owner needs to update the VEP details on the website (i.e. cancel).

2. You need to register on the above website with your email. Keep your email open, as you need to keep checking it back later for activation after registration, printing of the Confirmation email, etc. The web page does not prompt you! I kept re-setting my new password till I realized this!

3. If you encounter problems with registering the password, this is what I did:
a. Go to a password generator website, e.g.: https://www.safepasswd.com/
b. Select "All Characters" (most secure)
c. Leave the length at 10.
d. Create the new password.
e. Copy and paste the password in a suitable document, such as Word or Notes. Then save it in your computer. You'll still need it later, instead of re-typing the complicated password over and over again.

4. Go to the One Motoring website (http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en.html) and get details of your vehicle (some info are not in your log card). Login with your SingPass. Select "My Account", then "My Assets". Some info could not be printed from the web page. I resorted to use PrintScreen function of the computer.

5. Scan a copy of your vehicle log card. You'll need to upload this to the registration web page later.

6. Get your car insurance document ready (company name, policy number, expiry date).

7. Road tax expiry date

8. Passport number and expiry date.

9. For Singapore driving licence, there's is no expiry date on the licence. Just key in a dummy date.

10. Since I am the only driver, I just need to register one driver. You may need to do it for the rest of the other drivers using the same car.

11. Lastly, print a hard copy of all your documents (including Confirmation email from the Road Transport Dept.) and keep them in the car.

Hope the above helps.

Coming soon....

VEP.jpg

Samaira khan

Such a to a great degree supportive article. Astoundingly captivating to scrutinize this article. I might need to thank you for the attempts you had made for forming this stunning article.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone know what is the road tax and insurance for audi 7?how do they decide the figure..by manufacture year or cc....thanks

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone know what is the road tax and insurance for audi 7?how do they decide the figure..by manufacture year or cc....thanks

It will be helpful if you can highlight which 7 of Audi bro. S7, A7, Q7?

Road tax structure is determined by cc and once you are over 2,000cc, it is crazy, I was asking on S350L and was told that my road tax is around MYR4,380! Insurance they are basing on the market value of the car, of course you can choose to insure higher, however recently I think they are switching to the way Singapore insurers calculate premium based on driver experience.

For road tax calculation you can see https://www.oto.my/tool/road-tax-calculator/

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be helpful if you can highlight which 7 of Audi bro. S7, A7, Q7?

Road tax structure is determined by cc and once you are over 2,000cc, it is crazy, I was asking on S350L and was told that my road tax is around MYR4,380! Insurance they are basing on the market value of the car, of course you can choose to insure higher, however recently I think they are switching to the way Singapore insurers calculate premium based on driver experience.

For road tax calculation you can see https://www.oto.my/tool/road-tax-calculator/

Thank you.Great info....

playing with idea of getting used Q7 or Volvo X90

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: VEP Registration

Coming soon....

View attachment 31472

Just sharing. Got caught in a massive jam before Tuas checkpoint on Msia side yesterday evening. All traffic diverted into single lane from the highway, even tour buses. Just one officer checking the car registration on his handheld, which I believe is for the VEP registration. Many SIN cars were pulled to the side in the R & R car park. Not sure if they got fined.
Just register for the VEP if you have not done so, esp. if you plan to go Msia during the holidays. Mine was cleared with no problems.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just sharing. Got caught in a massive jam before Tuas checkpoint on Msia side yesterday evening. All traffic diverted into single lane from the highway, even tour buses. Just one officer checking the car registration on his handheld, which I believe is for the VEP registration. Many SIN cars were pulled to the side in the R & R car park. Not sure if they got fined.
Just register for the VEP if you have not done so, esp. if you plan to go Msia during the holidays. Mine was cleared with no problems.

My friends living in Horizon Hills said it was for checking traffic fines?

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically I have tried to sign up for the VEP but as usual their online system is not working which I cannot see the captcha.
Same experience I had. Got to keep trying, as for all Msia websites, including govt websites. Very poorly constructed and many hackers trying to attack their sites. Another problem you may face is the password creation. I tried several personal choices but they keep getting rejected by the site. Got fed up and used an online password generator and it helped.
You could be having problems because of the browser you're using. Check out this site for solutions:
https://crosstec.org/en/forums/5-bugs/9557-solved-captcha-image-not-showing-up.html

Hope this helps.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically I have tried to sign up for the VEP but as usual their online system is not working which I cannot see the captcha.

I registered more than a year ago. First try not successful then I discovered I misunderstood the registration page instruction. I succeeded upon second try.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some Sinkie I know needs to get a driver's license from scratch (i.e. driving lessons, driving test, etc) and intends to do it in JB instead of SG.

Can some kind soul explain the process and also recommend a good driving school and/or instructor. Preferred that lessons be conducted in English. This Sinkie is a banana!

Thank you in advance (:smile: