• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishball Meekia at Holland Market is Good!

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had fishball meekia fro holland market...wow...one of the best around.

I guess what makes the difference is the chili which they make themselves. It really add to the difference plus their deep fried fishcake cut into generous strips.

The downside is that the queue is alays very long sometimes morn than half hour. This is partly cos old uncle sibei slow in cooking.

But if you want a good fishball meekia, go for it. Its worth the queue. Remember to ask him to add more chili. Damn shiok.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My favourite used to be this stall at the Jalan Besar stadium Broadway coffeshop..

Cost $2.50 and the Uncle was generous in his fishballs.. At times he would give me 6 fishballs in my bowl..

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks bro...i like this stuff.

thanks brudder.

by the way, i tried the supposed famous one at ABC market called Yong Kee. Damn pissed off with the cheebye kia hawker. Fucking rude. Not great too. Somemore he smoke never wash hands then he cook the noodles ... fucking disgusting...

so beware if you eat at abc market....

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thanks brudder.

by the way, i tried the supposed famous one at ABC market called Yong Kee. Damn pissed off with the cheebye kia hawker. Fucking rude. Not great too. Somemore he smoke never wash hands then he cook the noodles ... fucking disgusting...

i thought the dirtier the preps , the tastier the food ?..:wink:
Btw, i Liked my meekia with Lots of chiLLies & vinegar ..

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ok thanks again

thanks brudder.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had fishball meekia fro holland market...wow...one of the best around.

I guess what makes the difference is the chili which they make themselves. It really add to the difference plus their deep fried fishcake cut into generous strips.

The downside is that the queue is alays very long sometimes morn than half hour. This is partly cos old uncle sibei slow in cooking.

But if you want a good fishball meekia, go for it. Its worth the queue. Remember to ask him to add more chili. Damn shiok.
Used to stay around there. Any stall names? Will like to pay a visit to the place. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the one opposite the famous roasted meat...
OK, I will recce the place when I am back. Actually there are 2 Holland market (one near to the XO fish head kopi tiam), one newer one near Buona Vista MRT and another very old and traditional one behind Holland V. I assume you are talking about the newer one near Buona Vista MRT. :smile:

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, I will recce the place when I am back. Actually there are 2 Holland market (one near to the XO fish head kopi tiam), one newer one near Buona Vista MRT and another very old and traditional one behind Holland V. I assume you are talking about the newer one near Buona Vista MRT. :smile:

The upstairs one is the hawker centre and downstairs is wet market. The famous kway chap is also in there.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The upstairs one is the hawker centre and downstairs is wet market. The famous kway chap is also in there.
Hehehehe. Thanks RWSSLOTS. I will surely visit the place when I am back. Actually, I used to frequent a Wanton noodle stall at BLK 44 or 45 Kopitiam (opposite the bus depot). Unfortunately no longer around. Stall owner is an elderly couples. The wanton noodles are so good that I even bought 10 of those uncooked noodles back home to cook myself.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take photo of the Meekia and post it here. If not later some people go down KPKB no good.