• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore is the best place in the world to be creative

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
by Fredrik Haren 04:45 AM May 14, 2012
I have lost count of the number of times I have been asked: "As an author of creativity books, how on earth can you live in Singapore?"

And when I reply, "Because I think it is the best place in the world to live for a creative person", most people think I am kidding and everyone asks me to explain.

But no, I am not kidding. And yes, let me explain.

I moved to Beijing from my native Sweden in 2005 because I wanted to be in Asia when Asian countries truly started to embrace creativity.

The defining moment for me was when Hu Jintao gave a speech to the Chinese people in which he said that "China should be an innovative country 15 years from now".

Since I write books on business creativity, I just had to move to Asia and see this shift happen.

After two years in Beijing, I learnt two things: Firstly, I wanted to leave Beijing, which is a fascinating city, but has too much traffic, too much pollution and too little water for a Swede brought up in the Stockholm archipelago; and secondly, I wanted to remain in Asia.

So I went on a grand journey. While doing research for my book The Developing World, I constantly travelled over a period of more than 10 months.

I went to 20 developing countries and when I came to each new city that I thought had potential to become my new home, I made sure my schedule allowed me to stay a few extra days to get a feel of life there.

I spent two weeks each in Seoul, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Shanghai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Istanbul and Singapore.

Then I made a list of positives and negatives about each city. Obviously, Singapore won in the end.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because the WRITER is an ANG MO, another blood sucking FT that is looking into SPRING's funding for ANG MO and FTs, NOT FOR SINGAPOREANS.

Sad to say this, even SPRING's approving authorities are Malaysians.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's because the WRITER is an ANG MO, another blood sucking FT that is looking into SPRING's funding for ANG MO and FTs, NOT FOR SINGAPOREANS.

Sad to say this, even SPRING's approving authorities are Malaysians.

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. being whites do have special privileges on sheepishland.
3. being locals is hard time!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
"When you’re very structured almost like a religion… Uniforms, uniforms, uniforms… everybody is the same. Look at structured societies like Singapore where bad behavior isn’t tolerated. You are extremely punished. Where are the creative people? Where are the great artists? Where are the great musicians? Where are the great singers? Where are the great writers? Where are the athletes? All the creative elements seems to disappear." - Steve Wozniak

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
those are losers.

a_frog_in_a_well%E2%80%94never_having_seen_the_wholeef7e8c47374cc6984d30.jpg

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
The core question everyone have to ask, who the hell is this guy?

Fredrik Haren is a Swedish entrepreneur, publisher and author who now lives in Singapore. He is the founder of a creativity company called interesting.org, and has been invited to speak on creativity in over 1000 sessions to people in more than 30 countries. He was awarded “Speaker of the Year” in Sweden 2007, and was selected as one of “Sweden’s 100 most inspiring persons” by the magazine “Leva” in 2008. In 2009 he was selected one of “Sweden’s most sought after business speakers”. Fredrik has written a total of 7 books, including best seller “The Idea Book, and his new book, “The Developing World” published last year.

Sperminator : If this Swedish guy can survive in his home country by writing books, why the hell he has to come to Singapore? THINK THINK THINK my fellow Singaporeans.

Doesn't mean White means smarter, doesn't mean white dick is bigger (although most of the time it is... haha), doesn't mean white means creative...

Even Singapore Government not believing in it's own people, and not funding to their own citizens to create SMEs, but rather financing to blood sucking FTs for their entrepreneurship schemes.

http://www.spring.gov.sg/entrepreneurship/pages/overview.aspx

Go read the Spring website, and I assure you that you see a lot of FTs entrepreneurs being financed by SPRING!!!! KNN!!! CCB!!! I am complaining, because the Authorities are Malaysians!!!!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... "Because I think it is the best place in the world to live for a creative person" ...
nutting wrong wat! ...

if u r creatif, u cud find sinkielan nice 2 live in ...

n wen u mov in, datz ze beginning of ze n of ur creativity ... :o :eek:

B

Baluku

How to be creative when you can get arrested for speaking up in public?

Imagine how much movies and music are being produced in HK as compared to SGP.

This sweedish dude is not qualified to be a creative expert.

But it doesnt mean sgplians are not creative ok!

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
"When you’re very structured almost like a religion… Uniforms, uniforms, uniforms… everybody is the same. Look at structured societies like Singapore where bad behavior isn’t tolerated. You are extremely punished. Where are the creative people? Where are the great artists? Where are the great musicians? Where are the great singers? Where are the great writers? Where are the athletes? All the creative elements seems to disappear." - Steve Wozniak

Not only the creative elements seem to disappear, our CPF also disappeared!