• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond's Uncle former PAP MP Choo Wee Khiang

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are vicious rumours swirling around about Desmond's uncle who was a former PAP MP. People are also wondering why PAP has picked a candidate amongst a pool of thousand other capable candidates.

Mr Choo Wee Khiang is brave and courageous. Nothing has changed his character.

Mr Choo WK while a PAP MP was suspended for intentionally hitting a golf ball at the flight in front of him. This man fought a good battle at this disciplinary hearing by making amply clear that he first shouted at them to go faster. Its only after the warning that he hit the ball intentioanlly.

Mr Choo then made an honest observation of too many Indians in little India that he needed light to look. We all know that it is a honest statement. Yet he was censured by parliament.

In 1999, Mr Choo was charged, convicted and thrown in jail for cheating. This man did not run away like Yaw. He again fought the good fight. Lets face it, submitting a false invoice is a well known business practice. As result he had to resign as an MP. No BE was held in his GRC thus saving taxpayers money. The PAP did not suspend or sack him. They waited for his conviction and allowed him to resign. That is what you call a gracious behaviour. Claims that the PAP takes Singaporeans for granted are baseless.

True to character, he went to become President of Singapore Table Tennis Association. A body that receives state funding. While there and holding the position, he is now alleged to have committed 3 counts of corruption and 1 count of criminal breach of trust. It should be noted that he is yet to stand trial. The other important thing to note is that he did not commit cheating as in the past. So this is not a repeat of the same errant behaviour. Again Mr Choo did not run away like Yaw.

People should also consider that Desmond can seek advice from his uncle on how to be become a good MP. Nothing like experience.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are vicious rumours swirling around about Desmond's uncle who was a former PAP MP. People are also wondering why PAP has picked a candidate amongst a pool of thousand other capable candidates.

Mr Choo WK while a PAP MP was suspended for intentionally hitting a golf ball at the flight in front of him. This man fought a good battle at this disciplinary hearing by making amply clear that he first shouted at them to go faster. Its only after the warning that he hit the ball intentioanlly.

Mr Choo then made an honest observation of too many Indians in little India that he needed light to look. We all know that it is a honest statement. Yet he was censured by parliament.

In 1999, Mr Choo was charged, convicted and thrown in jail for cheating. This man did not run away like Yaw. He again fought the good fight. Lets face it, submitting a false invoice is a well known business practice. As result he had to resign as an MP. No BE was held in his GRC thus saving taxpayers money. The PAP did not suspend or sack him. They waited for his conviction and allowed him to resign. That is what you call a gracious behaviour. Claims that the PAP takes Singaporeans for granted are baseless.

True to character, he went to become President of Singapore Table Tennis Association. A body that receives state funding. While there and holding the position, he is now alleged to have committed 3 counts of corruption and 1 count of criminal breach of trust. It should be noted that he is yet to stand trial. The other important thing to note is that he did not commit cheating as in the past. So this is not a repeat of the same errant behaviour. Again Mr Choo did not run away like Yaw.

People should also consider that Desmond can seek advice from his uncle on how to be become a good MP. Nothing like experience.
/QUOTE]

That's right. Choo Wee Khiang must be the person PM Lee is referring to when he said the voters must choose a man with integrity to represent them.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CWK was good. He was my MP in the old Jalan Besar GRC. Hope my new MP LTY in new M-K GRC can learn to be like CWK. You could always go to him with a prepared letter or document and say, hey just approve and sign there, don't need to waste time and read it all over. He'd ask, are you sure? I'd say sure, here's my IC and you can ask your clerk to photocopy it. Anything goes wrong, look for me, I couldn't run too. He'd say OK and sign.

Then he glanced through it and say, hey what the hell, this is in something looking like Thai language. I'd say of course it's Thai, you won't understand, that's why don't waste your time trying to read it. I'm applying for reservist disruption and exit permit to Thailand. Of course the document was in Thai. Then he said, if anything went wrong, where to look for me? My goodness! In Thailand of course, oh please, you need me to tell you that?

He's at his best with the Singapore-PRC table tennis team. I asked him, why Singapore table tennis team almost all-PRC? He replied, where got Singaporean kids playing table tennis nowadays? If I could scout and build up a youth team for Singapore, he'd nominate me as the next table tennis association president.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
So we say that this BE is not only WP vs PAP or Png vs Desmond, but also Yaw vs Choo WK - personal vs monetary indiscretions.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah seh! A large volley of backhanded compliments there!

Top form!

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....that your father is a crook let alone uncle, is a crook has no bearing on you as an individual...
u can choose what u want to do with your life....but u cannot choose your father or your uncle.
this type of streo typing is really not a gentleman behaviour.
with the BE cumming, we can expect more rubbish from the prataman.....top form....lol.

Last edited:

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...somehow this flows against LKY's theory about genes & genetics, how smart parents breed smart children....well, I need a coffee to think clearly...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah beh...somehow this flows against LKY's theory about genes & genetics, how smart parents breed smart children....well, I need a coffee to think clearly...

Unisex daughter and albino grandson. That settles the LKY genetics theory. The most recent was another grandson confirmed Sinkie complaint prince. Whilst serving NS, complaint e-mail c.c. through all of SAF, CMPB and MINDEF officers up to Minister of Defence, Cabinet, his father, his grandfather and his holy uncle.

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unisex daughter and albino grandson. That settles the LKY genetics theory. The most recent was another grandson confirmed Sinkie complaint prince. Whilst serving NS, complaint e-mail c.c. through all of SAF, CMPB and MINDEF officers up to Minister of Defence, Cabinet, his father, his grandfather and his holy uncle.

It's Feedback, Ramseth sir :biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recall former PM LKY pointing out two men for special praise at a National Day Rally. The first was Teh Cheang Wan because, according to LKY, though TCW was not be able to speak good English but he thought in phases when it came to national housing policies.

The other object of his adulation was described as someone who epitomized the best of the Chinese educated, someone who saw a problem and unquestioningly backed a solution to it. This was unlike the English educated MPs who would be bothered by legal niceties. He was referring to parliamentary debates about criminalizing nudity in one's own home as long as someone can see you from the outside.

That epitome of the Chinese educated was Choo Wee Khiang.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recall former PM LKY pointing out two men for special praise at a National Day Rally. The first was Teh Cheang Wan because, according to LKY, though TCW was not be able to speak good English but he thought in phases when it came to national housing policies.

The other object of his adulation was described as someone who epitomized the best of the Chinese educated, someone who saw a problem and unquestioningly backed a solution to it. This was unlike the English educated MPs who would be bothered by legal niceties. He was referring to parliamentary debates about criminalizing nudity in one's own home as long as someone can see you from the outside.

That epitome of the Chinese educated was Choo Wee Khiang.

both of which exited the stage not exactly decked in applause & encore....

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't think of a better way to educate young voters on Desmond Choo's proud family tree. I ranted and ratted but nothing beats the satire of Scroobal. Hey tks bro for helping out!

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
"People are also wondering why PAP has picked a candidate amongst a pool of thousand other capable candidates."
That's a good question.
If you notice, past pap candidates for the hougang and potong pasir ward are medicore and ordinary.
If you know you are on losing ground, would you risk your talent pool by putting your best to the battle?
Of course not.
Even if pappies want, any young bright promising candidate of scholar calibre himself would be hesitant.
A one time lose is enough to leave him a black mark.
Not to mention having the face to continue the battle again.
So the best catch for pappies is a low profile average performer with non outstanding academic achievement
to fit the role.
Already an underdog in real life, he wouldn't mind being an underdog in the election ward.
And if luck is smiling on him and he wins the election, then his career within the pap is confirmed.
Even if he lose, pappies will still take good care of him and his life will be a bed of roses.
It is definitely a good deal.
A loser in the election, but a winner in the real life.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"People are also wondering why PAP has picked a candidate amongst a pool of thousand other capable candidates."
That's a good question.
If you notice, past pap candidates for the hougang and potong pasir ward are medicore and ordinary.
If you know you are on losing ground, would you risk your talent pool by putting your best to the battle?
Of course not.
Even if pappies want, any young bright promising candidate of scholar calibre himself would be hesitant.
A one time lose is enough to leave him a black mark.
Not to mention having the face to continue the battle again.
So the best catch for pappies is a low profile average performer with non outstanding academic achievement
to fit the role.
Already an underdog in real life, he wouldn't mind being an underdog in the election ward.
And if luck is smiling on him and he wins the election, then his career within the pap is confirmed.
Even if he lose, pappies will still take good care of him and his life will be a bed of roses.
It is definitely a good deal.
A loser in the election, but a winner in the real life.

Valid point, bro

practical realities.

Still a casual review of the past reveals something interesting.

Mah Bow Tan's virgin fight against Chiam See Thong ended in defeat.
But he is tracked by no less the Old Man, so he was relaunched elsewhere, entered Parliament, became Minister until after GE2011.

The Other man that Chiam vanquished in Potong Pasir include Kenneth Chen, who again was subsequently deployed at Jurong East, became a backbencher MP, then stepped aside for Lim Boon Heng to take over.

And Of course, Mr Sitoh who more than 1 black eye, finally won Potong Pasir in GE2011 by the skin of his teeth against Chiam's proxy - his wifey.

The other guy 'Chiku' man Eric Low tried abalone porridge amongst other tricks of the trade, but still lose to Low Thia Khiang again - and again until he called it a day.

Now this Desmond Choo - says all the right things, play meek & humble and servant leader blah blah - which may well be true.
As the loser in GE2011, he slyly invited HDB to transfer common property authorities to PA so that the sitting MP will be inconvenienced.

Somehow his actions is very at odds with his sephia colored posed photos with old Ah Ma-s in Hougang printed in the MSM.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond has been earmarked to become Parliamentary Sec with PEP of MOS when he becomes MP. He will be moved to a safe seat in 2016. I did not want to mention this earlier. He has been put on the same flight path template as Heng Chee How. Eric, Ken and Sitoh were not on that flight path.

Valid point, bro

practical realities.

Still a casual review of the past reveals something interesting.

Mah Bow Tan's virgin fight against Chiam See Thong ended in defeat.
But he is tracked by no less the Old Man, so he was relaunched elsewhere, entered Parliament, became Minister until after GE2011.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Desmond has been earmarked to become Parliamentary Sec with PEP of MOS when he becomes MP. He will be moved to a safe seat in 2016. I did not want to mention this earlier. He has been put on the same flight path template as Heng Chee How.

If that's the case, why was he sent to Hougang knowing full well that he is going to lose. Unless pap knew well beforehand LTK was leaving. Given that DC went to Hougang 3 months ahead of GE2011, this does not seems to be the case.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond has been earmarked to become Parliamentary Sec with PEP of MOS when he becomes MP. He will be moved to a safe seat in 2016. I did not want to mention this earlier. He has been put on the same flight path template as Heng Chee How. Eric, Ken and Sitoh were not on that flight path.

This piece of information, if true, has the potential to impact Desmond Choo adversely at this BE. The timing of your relevation is interesting. :wink: