• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Police arrest 2 for theft on board SIA flights

Krizalid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Police arrest 2 for theft on board SIA flights

Published on Apr 22, 2012
By Carolyn Khew

Police have arrested two men for theft-related offences on board separate Singapore Airlines flights on Saturday.

In the first case which took place on board a Singapore Airlines flight from Hong Kong to Singapore, a 38-year-old man was spotted by a cabin crew to have removed a laptop bag from an overhead compartment located several seats in front of him.

The suspect then went back to his seat and began searching through the bag before returning it to where it was stored originally. A check later revealed that apart from some documents, there were no valuables kept inside the bag.

The second suspect, a 49-year-old man, was on board a Singapore Airlines flight from Singapore to Vietnam when he was spotted by the cabin crew to have removed a laptop bag from an overhead compartment near his allotted seat.

The culprit was seen taking the bag and moving to the rear of the aircraft during the boarding process. He later rummaged through the bag and removed cash from it. The laptop bag was then returned back to the original overhead compartment. The male suspect was later detained and currencies amounting to $630 belonging to owner of the bag was recovered.

Both suspects are Chinese nationals.

Read the full story in Monday's edition of The Straits Times.

T

TuaTeetu

I really have doubts to the authencity of this incident.

A return ticket from SGP to HK costs at least 640 dollars.

They only got 630 dollars before being detected? Lugi 10 dollars to go to jail? So stupid one meh?

I must commend our SIA that they hire staffs who got photographic memories who can identify whose bags belong to which passengers? :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng came down from SQ flight with their blanket on my hand baggage how?:confused: they never stopped me leh.:biggrin: