• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Watch this interesting video..

Could tis be one of the reasons why nowadays Msians also buying GG properties?

Hmmm....

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ooh....pays to be careful all the time!

But I guess with GG properties double the price of normal properties, I could see why some may choose to stay the way they are.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But not the way i see it.

Juz the other day at Dato Onn. Within every half hour, saw least 4 to 5 msian plate cars tere. Couple of them were asking for SemiDs. Hmmm.....

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's not forget that there are crimes back home too.

----------------------------------------------------

The Straits Times
www.straitstimes.comPublished on May 28, 2012
51-year-old woman murdered in Bukit Batok flat

Police have arrested a 31-year-old male in connection with the murder of a 51-year-old woman in Bukit Batok on Monday.

The suspect is believed to be her son.

The victim was found in Block 248, Bukit Batok East, Avenue 5.

Authorities estimate that the murder happened at around 12.20am on Monday morning.
Copyright © 2011 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Man arrested after Sengkang fire that killed ex-girlfriend
May 25, 2012 - 10:36pm
By:
Valerie KohTNP PHOTOS: Gavin Foo

She went to stay with her uncle, apparently so she could get away from her ex-boyfriend.

But Miss Hsiung Mei Ling, 43, died tragically on Friday night after being critically injured in a fire at her uncle's flat in Sengkang in the morning.

Her uncle had earlier seen a man, whom he recognised as his niece's ex-boyfriend, outside the flat when he went to work.

The ex-boyfriend was later heard ranting: "She doesn't love me any more."

The police have classified the case as murder and arrested a 44-year-old suspect who was also burnt in the fire.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Bro FT,

Unfortunate but very true.

Actually the worse case i ever heard of was in SG where a PRC guy broke into a womans house and managed to raped her despite having 3 other guys in the house and the police being called.

---------------------------
PRC new citizen and former commando Wang JianBin raped a 13 year old girl in her flat in the presence of 3 Singaporean men.

According to the state media, the girl was at home with her 18 year old brother and his piano teacher and another 17 year old male friend when Wang forced his way into her home.

When Wang arrived, she took him to her room as he demanded, believing he would not do anything to her with her brother and his piano teacher in the flat.

He shut the bedroom door and began raping her. His brother then rushed into her room with a martial arts spear, but was chased out of the room after a ’struggle’. Wang then continued raping the girl.

The three men had no choice but to call the police for help. By the time the police arrived, the ‘act’ had been done.

Though Wang was a commando during NS, it is still incredulous that three men is unable to stop him from committing the rape.

Such outrageous rape cases occuring in the home of the victim in the presence of others is almost unheard of in Singapore which used to pride itself with its ‘low’ crime rate.

Wang came to Singapore from China with his family in 1997, became a citizen in 2005, and did national service as a commando.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro FT,

Unfortunate but very true.

Actually the worse case i ever heard of was in SG where a PRC guy broke into a womans house and managed to raped her despite having 3 other guys in the house and the police being called.

---------------------------
PRC new citizen and former commando Wang JianBin raped a 13 year old girl in her flat in the presence of 3 Singaporean men.

According to the state media, the girl was at home with her 18 year old brother and his piano teacher and another 17 year old male friend when Wang forced his way into her home.

When Wang arrived, she took him to her room as he demanded, believing he would not do anything to her with her brother and his piano teacher in the flat.

He shut the bedroom door and began raping her. His brother then rushed into her room with a martial arts spear, but was chased out of the room after a ’struggle’. Wang then continued raping the girl.

The three men had no choice but to call the police for help. By the time the police arrived, the ‘act’ had been done.

Though Wang was a commando during NS, it is still incredulous that three men is unable to stop him from committing the rape.

Such outrageous rape cases occuring in the home of the victim in the presence of others is almost unheard of in Singapore which used to pride itself with its ‘low’ crime rate.

Wang came to Singapore from China with his family in 1997, became a citizen in 2005, and did national service as a commando.

Its actually quite ridiculous that 4 people - 3 guys including the rape victim are unable to stop the rapist from committing the act!
You mean even if with the presence of the 3 other guys around, he'll still procceed to rape the girl?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wuqi, is this the news? A real beast.

----------------------

Poly student sentenced to 13 years’ jail for rape
By Liyana Low | SingaporeScene – Sat, Jul 30, 2011

Share0EmailPrintA 24-year-old polytechnic student was sentenced to jail for 13 years by Singapore's High Court on Friday after he was found guilty of raping a 13-year-old.

Wang Jianbin had raped the teenager in her room while her brother was in the living room with his piano teacher.

The former commando pleaded guilty to rape. One charge each of criminal intimidation and sexual assault were taken into consideration as well.

High Court judge Chan Seng Onn also ordered Wang to be given 15 strokes of the cane.

Wang had asked through his lawyer for more strokes of the cane so that he could have a shorter jail sentence to be with his mother and 10-year-old sister, but the judge did not say if the request affected his sentence, according to The Straits Times.

The punishment was heavier than expected as the prosecution had asked the court to give him at least 10 years' jail and six strokes of the cane.

Wang came here from China with his family in 1997 and became a Singaporean in 2005.

Through a 'making friends' column in a teen magazine, Wang got to know the secondary school girl involved in October 2009.

Even though she told him she had a boyfriend and was not interested, the then 23-year-old still harassed her through instant messaging, text messages and phone calls.

Wang kept plying her with sexual questions, such as the colour of her underwear and whether she had a boyfriend she had sex with.

Uneasy, the girl told him that she was in a sexual relationship with her boyfriend and was not interested in meeting him when he pressed to meet with her.

On 2 Dec, with a 17-year-old male friend visiting her in her home, the girl received messages from Wang asking for her address as he wanted to visit her.

But she turned him down, and even gave the phone to her friend and asked him to pose as her father to give a warning to Wang not to harass her, the newspaper reported.

Unfazed, Wang said that he already knew where she lived. He threatened to "find trouble" and bring his gang to "mess up" her home and reveal to her parents that she had sex with her boyfriend.

The friend then called another boy, aged 18, to join them at her home for backup.

When Wang arrived, the girl had already instructed the two boys to hide in her mother's room and to call for help if she could not deal with Wang.

The girl thought that Wang would not do anything to her with her brother and his piano teacher in the flat, and followed his instructions to bring him to her room.

After closing the door, Wang started violating the girl.

Thinking to help the girl, the 18-year-old friend barged into the room with a martial arts spear belonging to the girl's brother.

But it was a futile attempt as he was chased out after a struggle.

While her two friends ran for help, Wang raped her. When the boys returned with civil defence officers, followed by the police, Wang was still around and was arrested.

The punishment for rape is up to 20 years' jail and caning or a fine.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's not forget that there are crimes back home too.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Man arrested after Sengkang fire that killed ex-girlfriend
May 25, 2012 - 10:36pm
By:
Valerie KohTNP PHOTOS: Gavin Foo

She went to stay with her uncle, apparently so she could get away from her ex-boyfriend.

But Miss Hsiung Mei Ling, 43, died tragically on Friday night after being critically injured in a fire at her uncle's flat in Sengkang in the morning.

Her uncle had earlier seen a man, whom he recognised as his niece's ex-boyfriend, outside the flat when he went to work.

The ex-boyfriend was later heard ranting: "She doesn't love me any more."

The police have classified the case as murder and arrested a 44-year-old suspect who was also burnt in the fire.

Err..the murder suspect is Malaysian..

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not in JB but KL, still some lessons to be learnt which is always be aware of your surroundings, try not to be alone espy if you are a lady and blend in with the local crowd and not stick out like a sore thumb:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/chin-...scaped-from-being-kidnapped/10150980821959859

As I sit here writing this, I am just so grateful to be alive.

To think that 30 hours ago I had a knife to my throat, face to face with the threat of being kidnapped and raped.

It was a Sunday, at 5.22PM. I was alone, walking towards my boyfriend's car in level B2 of The Curve, Mutiara Damansara. He was not in town, and I was running errands with his car. Just as I was putting my shopping bags in the rear seat, the rear car door was slammed against my back, and a meat cleaver was pressed against my throat. A man covered my mouth with his hand, and whispered not to scream. He then shoved me onto the floor of the backseat of the car and waved the cleaver at me, reminding me not to scream. He was skinny, wearing a baggy turqoise blue t-shirt, had a thick moustache and short curly hair, approx 5'8", mid-30s, and of Indian descent.

At this moment, second man appeared. He was also in his mid-30s. He was wearing a red t-shirt, had a crewcut, and was of Malay descent. He grabbed my car keys and demanded for my parking ticket. I couldn't remember where it was. They shoved me deeper into the car, and the Indian man got into the back seat with me, while the Malay man got into the driver's seat, driving us out of the carpark.

I told them they could take everything, just let me go. But at that point they didn't even ask for money. Instead, the Indian man started to make sexual advances. Then it hit me. "Oh my God. Oh my God. This is really happening. I'm being kidnapped.. and I think I know what they want."

//

From this moment on, there were a few crucial things that happened that I think is the reason I'm alive today.

1. I managed to get into a position to escape.

When they got into the car, the Indian man had tried to force my body down onto the floor. I knew that the moment I'm on the floor, there would be no chance of escape. So I begged him to let me sit up. I promised him I wouldn't scream or alert anyone's attention. Thankfully, he trusted me, and let me sit up, gripping my arm tightly. Then I told him my arm really hurt and to please not grip it so hard. He loosened his grip.

2. I did not fight for the sake of fighting.

I was in an enclosed space, with no clear escape route. I would never win in a fight with these 2 guys, especially when they have sharp weapons. Had I fought from the get go, I may not have been in a position to escape. I might've even been knocked out cold, and God only knows where I would be right now.

3. I was lucky and sneaky.

I knew that the only way to escape, was to jump out of the car, even if it was moving. They had locked the car doors. So I leaned back, pretended to scratch my hair, and shakily unlocked the door I was leaning against. I'm so lucky they did not see or hear this!

4. I went 'crazy' at the right time.

And then I waited. I knew that the car would have to slow down outside the parking lot, as it exits to merge with the main roads. The moment it slowed down, I opened the car door and tried to make a run for it. I failed. I kicked my legs out of the car, but the Indian man had managed to pull my body back in. From this moment on, everything is a blur. I remember the Malay driver temporarily stopping the car, leaning over from the driver's seat and attempting to close the door and pull my legs in. At that point I remember thinking, "Even if I don't get out now, I need to keep the door open and my legs out the door. At the very least, it should cause a scene, and someone would see me. Or, the door might hit another car and they'll be forced to slow down." So I continued kicking. My right foot pushed against the wide-open car door to keep it open. I recall elbowing, struggling, kicking, and even biting. I lost my glasses, and was struggling blindly for my life. At some point the Malay driver yelled, "BAGI DIA LEPAS! BAGI DIA LEPAS!" (Let her go! Let her go!) and the Indian man loosened his grip. I made a jump out of the still-moving car, and ran for my life.

5. I acted in spite of the fear.

My friends said I was brave. But I didn't feel like it. I was quivering and shaking in fear. I was so afraid. I thought I was going to die. I was weak with fear and deathly afraid. I truly thought "this was it". But I knew I HAD to move. I had to run. Or there would be a worser fate in store for me. While I was quaking in fear, I forced myself to look around and see if there was any way I could escape, or even catch someone's eye.

6. I remembered the people I love.

The only thing that matters when you're faced with potentially horrendous fate, is the people in your life. When I felt the knife to my neck, the first thing I thought was , "This cannot be happening. I must be dreaming." The second? The people that truly matter to me flashed across my mind. It sounds cliche, but it's true. I thought of my parents. My brother. Khailee. Esther. More people. That's all I could think of for a few moments, before I started brainstorming my escape.

//

I ran towards the Maybank outlet at the Curve. There were plenty of people milling around. I screamed for help over and over again. I was hysterical. I grabbed an older Malay man by his shoulders and begged for help before practically collapsing at his feet.

I will always remember the relief and liberation I felt, running over Mutiara Damansara's manicured grass and into the crowd.

//

Today, I found out that the entire ordeal from the moment I left the parking ticket payment machine, to my escape, happened in about 4 minutes. To me, it felt like one long nightmare.

We never think its going to happen to us... and then it does. I used to think that this is something that happens only in the papers and to people far, far removed from me. But then it did happen to me. I moved to PJ/KL 6 years ago, and I've spent countless mornings, afternoons and nights at The Curve. When my friends and I were organizing Rock Up! back in 2008, we were walking around the place at 4AM even. It's been 6 years, and never once did I feel that I was unsafe at The Curve. Until yesterday.

I feel like moving out of the country ASAP. Getting the hell out of this state where you hear of a kidnapping or attempted one every month (remember Nayati?), or a snatch theft every week. And yet I'm fully aware of the fact that in another country with more lax firearm laws, they would've been holding a gun to my head, not a cleaver. And that would've been so, so much worse.

I'm Blessed. By God's grace, I am alive and relatively well. And I will live another day to build another cat iPhone app. It just was not my time to go. And for that, I thank God.

I want to share this story with everyone because cops tell me that they rarely get to hear it from someone who escapes.

Girls, be so very careful. Be vigilant, and please try not to go anywhere alone. If you need to walk to the carpark, and you're alone, get a guard to go with you. I was recently told that it's part of their job description to assist anyone if needed.

Guys, watch out for your girlfriends, wives, mothers, sisters and friends. Walk with them, don't take their paranoia or fear lightly. Watch out for them.

And everyone, just watch out for each other. Take care of each other. These things really DO happen. As I ran out of the car, so many people came to help me. Strangers who didn't know who I was, came forward and offered me tissue paper, water, cellphones, and general comfort.

Malaysians, please care for one another. You already do. Just keep on caring. Keep watching out for each other. Don't worry about being thought of as "busy body" or "overreacting". The world can be a cruel place, but all it takes is for people to care for one another to make all the difference.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Share 0
inShareThe New Paper
Monday, May 28, 2012
It was a robbery that involved dangerous manoeuvres, a car chase,and violent men wielding parangs.

It ended with the victim being slashed and the SUV turning turtle.

The drama unfolded on Thursday afternoon in Johor Baru's business district.

Shin Min Daily News reported that the victim, a man in his 40s, was driving the Singapore-registered SUV. There were friends on board with him.

The victim, who is Malaysian Chinese, lives in Johor Baru.

When he drove into a back lane behind some shop houses, he noticed a stationary brown SUV blocking his way. Then, a Proton bearing a Kuala Lumpur-licence plate swerved into the lane. The victim was sandwiched.

Speaking to the media from a private hospital, the victim recalled: "Immediately after (I entered the back lane), two cars outflanked me. Men rushed out from the vehicles and smashed my car windows."

Five of the eight robbers wielded parangs.

Threw rolling pin

A chef, who wanted to be known as Ami, was working in the kitchen of one of the shophouses and witnessed the incident. He was holding a rolling pin, which he threw at the robbers. It hit one of them.

Ami, 27, said his action angered the group. One man turned round and scolded him. Ami said: "He shouted at me not to interfere."

The chef heeded the warning. Though he was holding a vegetable peeling knife as well, he knew he was ill-equipped to fight against the robbers, with their parangs.

Malaysian newspaper Sin Chew Daily reported that the robbers were Indonesians. They grabbed two briefcases from the victim's SUV before fleeing the scene.

But the victim fought back.He gave chase in his SUV - unsuccessfully.

After a 500m drive, the victim tried to overtake the robbers but collided with another car at the side of the road, causing his SUV to overturn.

That was when he saw a white car, with no licence plate. The robbers abandoned their own SUV and dashed into the waiting Harrier.

Still, the victim didn't give up.

He grabbed a wooden club from his SUV and approached the fleeing robbers.

That proved to be a painful decision.

Infuriated, one of the robbers slashed the victim's right arm, tearing the ligament in his middle finger. The victim also suffered a broken bone in his ring finger.

The robbers managed to escape, leaving a trail of destruction. There were pools of blood on the road and blood stains on the wooden club.

Residents in the area sent the injured victim to hospital.

Johor Baru south district police director Zainudin confirmed that the suitcases contained large amounts of cash from two money changers.

The exact amount is unknown. It was also unclear where the cash was being sent.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Share 0
inShareThe New Paper
Monday, May 28, 2012
It was a robbery that involved dangerous manoeuvres, a car chase,and violent men wielding parangs.

It ended with the victim being slashed and the SUV turning turtle.

The drama unfolded on Thursday afternoon in Johor Baru's business district.

Shin Min Daily News reported that the victim, a man in his 40s, was driving the Singapore-registered SUV. There were friends on board with him.

The victim, who is Malaysian Chinese, lives in Johor Baru.

When he drove into a back lane behind some shop houses, he noticed a stationary brown SUV blocking his way. Then, a Proton bearing a Kuala Lumpur-licence plate swerved into the lane. The victim was sandwiched.

Speaking to the media from a private hospital, the victim recalled: "Immediately after (I entered the back lane), two cars outflanked me. Men rushed out from the vehicles and smashed my car windows."

Five of the eight robbers wielded parangs.

Threw rolling pin

A chef, who wanted to be known as Ami, was working in the kitchen of one of the shophouses and witnessed the incident. He was holding a rolling pin, which he threw at the robbers. It hit one of them.

Ami, 27, said his action angered the group. One man turned round and scolded him. Ami said: "He shouted at me not to interfere."

The chef heeded the warning. Though he was holding a vegetable peeling knife as well, he knew he was ill-equipped to fight against the robbers, with their parangs.

Malaysian newspaper Sin Chew Daily reported that the robbers were Indonesians. They grabbed two briefcases from the victim's SUV before fleeing the scene.

But the victim fought back.He gave chase in his SUV - unsuccessfully.

After a 500m drive, the victim tried to overtake the robbers but collided with another car at the side of the road, causing his SUV to overturn.

That was when he saw a white car, with no licence plate. The robbers abandoned their own SUV and dashed into the waiting Harrier.

Still, the victim didn't give up.

He grabbed a wooden club from his SUV and approached the fleeing robbers.

That proved to be a painful decision.

Infuriated, one of the robbers slashed the victim's right arm, tearing the ligament in his middle finger. The victim also suffered a broken bone in his ring finger.

The robbers managed to escape, leaving a trail of destruction. There were pools of blood on the road and blood stains on the wooden club.

Residents in the area sent the injured victim to hospital.

Johor Baru south district police director Zainudin confirmed that the suitcases contained large amounts of cash from two money changers.

The exact amount is unknown. It was also unclear where the cash was being sent.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

They were prepared as they knew what to take. Sometimes having too much social circle arouses greed.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

They were prepared as they knew what to take. Sometimes having too much social circle arouses greed.

Such orchestrated crime happens for a reason and they tend to target money changers especially. Always be vigilant

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's going on in Johor Bahru?
‎[3.30am; Stulang Laut, Johor Bahru] A group of 12 mat rempits attacked and robbed me. They weren't just after my valuables. They were out to hurt. Despite giving them my phone and wallet after little resistance, they continued to attack me with their fists and helmets. My spectacles was crushed in the process & I couldn't see. The ordeal only stopped when a car pulled over to intervene. Two Malay... brothers drove me to the Sri Pelangi police station to make a report. I owed them a big thanks.

But you know what's more painful than the beatings and loss of possessions? The inefficiency of our police system. At Sri Pelangi station, I made a report. The two young policemen were slightly helpful but totally unempathetic. I then had to go over to the police HQ (near City Square). There, I experienced the crux of whats so wrong with our police. The Inspector Officer insisted that he couldn't proceed with the statement-taking until I do a body checkup at the general hospital, which will take 2-3 hours. It was obvious from his tone that he was trying to chase me away. Clearly, I interrupted his peaceful night and his sleep was more important. He treated me as though I was the criminal. I can't believe someone with such lousy integrity can be a "high level" officer. After some long rationalizing with him, he decided to take my statement. We then drove to the scene and rounded up the case.

The police are caught up with their own personal agenda & just want to "follow the procedures". They aren't here to protect us. Keep that in mind.

Here are my big takeaways from the incident:
- Nothing good happens after 12am
- Mat rempits are out to hurt and steal
- Life is vulnerable & can end anytime
- Shit can happen to anyone
- 1 V 12 only happens in the movies
- Our police suck

People always say "JB not safe". I finally agree.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/johorbahru

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it is time for Malaysia to have an ombudsman who is able to represent the interest of individuals who are aggrieved by the inefficacies of the public service.

Or is it difficult under this political climate?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Feeling so depressed reading these news. The public servants just had their salary increased, hopefully this translate into productivity