• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Much To SURVIVE in Sinkieland

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn damn tulan.....need to start this thread.

reading a few comments it seems some sinkies are living in different countries.

What is the bare minimum $$$ required to live in sinkieland. Not counting how much you put aside per month but what is expenditure for a normal lifestyle here.

Singles or Family also can. Please include commitments like instalments etc.

Nothing extreme like chionging HFJ every night or eating one meal per day to save money type.....
How much expenditure needed to lead a decent life in singapore.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What is the bare minimum $$$ required to live in sinkieland. Not counting how much you put aside per month but what is expenditure for a normal lifestyle here.

Nothing extreme like chionging HFJ every night or eating one meal per day to save money type.....

bro...that thread i read already also very surprise ...

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

At least 3K
Car (<1.6) - 1.8K (inclusive of petrol, season parking, ERP, insurance & road tax - normalized and distributed over 12months).
House - 1K (water, electricity, rubbish collection etc; groceries & etc).
Bal $200 for unexpected expenses.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Myself:

HDB $360
Household Bills(PUB + Internet + Town Council) $200
Transport $150
Meals(Outdoor makan) $300

Thats all.

My wife

Groceries $300
Meals (outside makan when working) $150

Thats all. No debts except the HDB loan. No children, no family commitment

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

It all depends how you define "decent life".

Real poverty is when you have to send your 4 year old children to rummage in the land fills for sustenance. By international standards, 99% of Singaporeans lead a charmed life.

For most Sinkies, not being able to upgrade their phones every 6 months spells dire straits.

cr_mega_430_RTR28LVE_Comp1.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Myself:

HDB $360
Transport $150

Thats all.

My wife

Groceries $300

bro....what about weekends go out and enjoy with your wife ?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Myself:

HDB $360
Transport $150

Thats all.

My wife

Groceries $300

hi there

1. bro, sure or not!
2. you did not park anything for 'steal eat" meh!
3. buying condoms also need money hoh.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least 3K
Car (<1.6) - 1.8K (inclusive of petrol, season parking, ERP, insurance & road tax - normalized and distributed over 12months).
House - 1K (water, electricity, rubbish collection etc; groceries & etc).
Bal $200 for unexpected expenses.

Car is not a necessity. Necessity is like food, utilities and transportation.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro....what about weekends go out and enjoy with your wife ?

My wife works shift. So most Weekends, she is not at home. When she is at home on weekdays, I am working. :biggrin: But of course lah, we go go for our holidays and we do buy ourselves something good now and then. This thread is about surviving in Sinkieland so Im replying to that point alone. If you put aside SURVIVING in SINKIELAND, then my expenses will have to add another $500 for ECA :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hi there

1. bro, sure or not!
2. you did not park anything for 'steal eat" meh!
3. buying condoms also need money hoh.

Brother, Narong mentioned "NEEDED TO SURVIVE", hence I did not include my ECA fund of $500. As for my wife, she has no hobby except cooking :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, Narong mentioned "NEEDED TO SURVIVE", hence I did not include my ECA fund of $500. As for my wife, she has no hobby except cooking :biggrin:
bro need to survive is in another post.

i mean to LIVE in singapore. Must have life one......not work sleep eat watch TV (btw watch TV also need money....watch mediacorpse need elect watch cable must subscribe)

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Car is not a necessity. Necessity is like food, utilities and transportation.

unfortunately for some car is. i.e. customer's place too fark far away from civilization, can wait for pubic transport but be prepared to get screwed by the unreliable schedule.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

i mean to LIVE in singapore. Must have life one......not work sleep eat watch TV (btw watch TV also need money....watch mediacorpse need elect watch cable must subscribe)

Ok brother.

1. SCV/MIO TV = Never subscribe. Wanna watch movies or football, internet have alot. Why pay?
2. No car
3. No maid
4. No children
5. Father and mother no need us to give them money
6. My wife and I go out maybe only 3 times MAX a month. We are actually very homely people and we hate the weather in Singapore and especially the crowd. If we were living in a bigger country with nicer weather, I think we will be going out very often.
7. I dont smoke and dont club, dont smoke
8. I dont go Geylang or massage since I have free fucks from PRCs. Of course its not entirely free. The hotel rooms, meals, movies, taxi comes up to be about $500 a month

Thats all.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All this thread does is show what a pathetic bunch most of you are. :rolleyes:

Instead of discussing how to be wildly successful, views are sought on how much it costs to keep your head just above water.

It's pretty obvious why the government has opened the floodgates to foreigners. The locals are so devoid of drive and ambition that the country was in danger of disappearing from the map.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
squeeze MRT everyday no quality of life.
car is necessity but luxury car is not.
unless take taxi....(must include call cab charge if not wait for taxi also stress you out).

Paiseh lah brother, not mean to be rude. To each his own. To me car is not a neccsessity in Singapore. If I were to live in a big country like Taiwan or Australia, then it will be a neccessity since I love to move around. In Singapore, it is so small and the public transport is actually very convenient.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

To 'live' in Singapore means different things for different people.

If my hobby is play golf, then i need to pay club membership which is extremely costly.

If my hobby is play basketball, it practically cost nothing.