• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LOW Cholesterol can kill you !

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Statin drugs is a huge source of income for Big Pharma.............

Low cholesterol levels can GIVE YOU CANCER!

Your body makes its own cholesterol. It's a vital nutrient! Cholesterol is a necessary building block for your immune system and especially your brain cells.

Researchers compared cholesterol levels of cancer patients to those of cancer-free people through 20 years’ worth of records, and found a consistent trend: The cancer patients had a long history of picture-perfect low cholesterol levels.

Cholesterol — even LDL cholesterol — isn’t the “bad” guy. Every part of your body needs it, starting with your heart, and low levels can actually cause the very cardiovascular problems you’re trying to avoid.

Low cholesterol can also cause memory problems, weaken your muscles, and ruin your sex life. Not surprisingly, these are also the major side effects of cholesterol-lowering drugs and people with low cholesterol have shorter lives.

FACT: Lowering cholesterol can make heart disease worse. A review of medical studies on cholesterol and mortality in heart patients found that lower cholesterol levels led to death.

FACT: Low cholesterol can trigger the deadliest kind of massive stroke when blood vessels in your brain are so weak, they burst open. Any cholesterol count below 200 is a red flag for this kind of stroke.

FACT: Low cholesterol raise your cancer risk. In more than 20 studies have been done on cholesterol and cancer. And the overall majority linked cancer with low cholesterol!

FACT: Low cholesterol impairs brain function and linked to depression. And cholesterol-lowering drugs have been shown to trigger memory loss.

FACT: Alzheimer's patients have lower cholesterol.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worrying about cholesterol is plain silly.

There is good and bad cholesterol, and the bad cholesterol can be eliminated through exercise.

That's why I laugh at those fools who throw away the egg yolk for fear of fat and cholesterol. Never mind if egg yolks contain the best nutrients, the fat is monounsaturated fat and the egg has the perfect protein, better than whey, milk, meat or beans/nuts.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worrying about cholesterol is plain silly.

There is good and bad cholesterol, and the bad cholesterol can be eliminated through exercise.

That's why I laugh at those fools who throw away the egg yolk for fear of fat and cholesterol. Never mind if egg yolks contain the best nutrients, the fat is monounsaturated fat and the egg has the perfect protein, better than whey, milk, meat or beans/nuts.

exactly right !

i read that most of the cholesterol in the body is produced by the liver and it's needed to repair arteries...................it doesn't cause heart disease...................it's doing the repair work so it's there when you have heart disease !

there was a kidnapping case in Colombia................i think................a guy was released after being held for over 40 days...................he was fed nothing but hard-boiled eggs every day...................doctors checked him after his release and found he is healthier than before kidnapping !

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am one that runs about 10km weekly and still have high bad cholesterol. Doctors insist that I taken cholesterol lowering medicine.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dad was killed by hypertension (hyper high blood pressure). His build was fat stout like a wrestler nobody wants to mess with. I was almost killed by low blood pressure. I'm just the average slim fit, nothing like Bruce Lee V-winged too. Cholesterol, I'm not really sure. Heard from young that egg yolk causes highest bad cholesterol. Avoided eating hard boiled egg yolk ever since, though still eat scrambled and fried eggs with fluid yolks.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dad was killed by hypertension (hyper high blood pressure). His build was fat stout like a wrestler nobody wants to mess with. I was almost killed by low blood pressure. I'm just the average slim fit, nothing like Bruce Lee V-winged too. Cholesterol, I'm not really sure. Heard from young that egg yolk causes highest bad cholesterol. Avoided eating hard boiled egg yolk ever since, though still eat scrambled and fried eggs with fluid yolks.

Doctors say its the liver that is doing overtime work. Not what you eat. But have to control what you eat since liver so hard working to produce the bad cholesterol. The medicine is to make the liver work slower.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doctors say its the liver that is doing overtime work. Not what you eat. But have to control what you eat since liver so hard working to produce the bad cholesterol. The medicine is to make the liver work slower.

Yeah, variety in food intake is a human peculiarity. Most animals live healthily on a single food source.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually cancer is not the only thing.

For those who believe that high cholesterol causes heart attack. Think again!

More than 50% of people in heart attack case are having low cholesterol.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't forget your nerves are protected by a layer of myelin that's made of cholesterol, if take statin drugs you might get nerve problems !

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does anyone belief in the good cholesterol vs bad cholestrol thingie?

Actually, I don't really believe. It's something I think medical scentists have to come up with once in a while to keep their jobs relevant instead of redundant.

I eat seafood all my life. Japanese eat seafood all their lives, supposed highest cholesterol. So they have to invent something like bad cholestrol.

jw5

Loyal
Does anyone belief in the good cholesterol vs bad cholestrol thingie?

I believe.
They have even declared that good cholesterol can be found in oily fish, different types of nuts, fruits with antioxidents, etc,
Bad cholesteral in most tasty foods unfortunately.

You could be right about good attacking bad, perhaps it is also mutual and depends which is stronger.