• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: For those already staying at your Terrace House/ Semi-D / Bungalow , Share your.

wow, your utilities are really low.

our water is min Rm 10/mth even if use less than the amount.
electricity between Rm 70 - 160 (depends on when the TNB guy comes over to read the meter and also if air-con is used during warm days)

That means I can still have my arowana in mly... Electric 24/7:biggrin:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: For those already staying at your Terrace House/ Semi-D / Bungalow , Share your.

want to leave as little carbon footprint as possible whence I can. I was also sort of egged on when I heard a bungalow is in the midst of building in a neighboring precinct with 100% sustainability in being off the grid for electricity and harvesting rainwater etc. I feel that sometimes, the cheaper everything encourages people to increase consumption negating the savings across currency and cost of living differences. Cost is one of the reasons that drove me from SG to settle in JB so I am mindful to continue to stretch the dollar beyond the 2.39 times. :cool:

Bro I didn't know staying JB also so stressful huh??? Have to save water and electric for them?? :biggrin:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

want to leave as little carbon footprint as possible whence I can. I was also sort of egged on when I heard a bungalow is in the midst of building in a neighboring precinct with 100% sustainability in being off the grid for electricity and harvesting rainwater etc. I feel that sometimes, the cheaper everything encourages people to increase consumption negating the savings across currency and cost of living differences. Cost is one of the reasons that drove me from SG to settle in JB so I am mindful to continue to stretch the dollar beyond the 2.39 times. :cool:

A very good example everyone should follow suit so the world would be a better place to live! Well done bro! :smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah my's garment so good ? Got subsidy ?? Less than $20 free? Why garment in sg not like that?? Very disappointed!! Garment here all money minded and money face if not where they can get so much salary??
Luckily I made a smart choice to live in JB which many of u here r --- SMART! One day in sg will be like never stop paying until MATI !! :mad:

This is intended to help those low income families as well as encourage frugal use of power/water consumption. Of course, weekenders over here also enjoy the waiver, not that we are complaining :smile:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

abugumgum
are you staying in a condo? i think the charges for water are worked out a little differently.
i used to pay minimum RM16/month when i was staying in one some time back.

Yes, we are.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

are u renting at the moment ? i thought u bought a house in NI too

Currently renting, since last year.

Booked a property and cancelled because cannot get family to buy with her name.
We still want BTO :(

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Currently renting, since last year.

Booked a property and cancelled because cannot get family to buy with her name.
We still want BTO :(

So u meant u had cancelled NI , should have buy under relative's name and finance by u ....
BTO 3 yrs and MOP 5 yrs , after 8 yrs , dun know jb house price will increase or not ....

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

So u meant u had cancelled NI , should have buy under relative's name and finance by u ....
BTO 3 yrs and MOP 5 yrs , after 8 yrs , dun know jb house price will increase or not ....

Cancelled Impiana. Was also looking at NI Phase 7B at that time.
Yes, I know about the appreciation of property here, but we prefer to have a base in Sgp, esp BTO flat is one of the good ways to park CPF $$.

Now, we can only rent and try to live the best of both cities :biggrin:
If JB gets more expensive, we will have to re locate once more.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cancelled Impiana. Was also looking at NI Phase 7B at that time.
Yes, I know about the appreciation of property here, but we prefer to have a base in Sgp, esp BTO flat is one of the good ways to park CPF $$.

Now, we can only rent and try to live the best of both cities :biggrin:
If JB gets more expensive, we will have to re locate once more.

I also think it is good to get BTO if qualify, after 5 years rent out and draw out CPF indirectly..if not no other way to take out the CPF the way things are going..

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

I also think it is good to get BTO if qualify, after 5 years rent out and draw out CPF indirectly..if not no other way to take out the CPF the way things are going..

Agree on this.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I bring my live arowana from sg to MY?

As mentioned above, having dilemma whether to bring my aro over or give away in sg.......

If give away I have no more aro..... Maybe have to change my nick if no more arowana....:(

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Can I bring my live arowana from sg to MY?

No reply..................:(

That means i have to give away liao!! 12.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

No reply..................:(

That means i have to give away liao!!View attachment 4116

No need to give away. Just do what others always suggest, put it in a big bag, put air into the bag. Put in your boot and cover with a pail. Drive in late at night at 2nd link. Its not as if you are smuggling lots of fishes as this is your own fish.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Nice fish by the way, give it a new home in Johore. :smile:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nice fish by the way, give it a new home in Johore. :smile:

Hahahaha bro u r the best!!
My friend also say like that... Thks for yr reply also. This aro is very tame.. It knows me when I come back from work and it will twist its body when it want me to feed. I used to have many tanks at home with 1 aro in a tank. It's nice when u look at it swimming and no worries.. I going to order a tank in MY this Monday.

Thks bro for yr support, it will be a waste to give away or put in the wild maybe it will die if I do that...:smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

No need to give away. Just do what others always suggest, put it in a big bag, put air into the bag. Put in your boot and cover with a pail. Drive in late at night at 2nd link. Its not as if you are smuggling lots of fishes as this is your own fish.

actucally by law cannot ...you also cant bring your own dog to malaysia . but just a pet fish maybe the custom close one eye ..but dont suay suay kena those fuck up custom officer ...anyway i think cars goin in malaysia wont kena check at singapore custom .

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

actucally by law cannot ...you also cant bring your own dog to malaysia . but just a pet fish maybe the custom close one eye ..but dont suay suay kena those fuck up custom officer ...anyway i think cars goin in malaysia wont kena check at singapore custom .

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2456814

Here someone say can... Called them they say cannot! I think better ask my friend to bring la... Actually from sg
To MY not so strict, unlike MY going into SG u can see on top those cameras I can say got x-ray effects in sg customs, very high tech... They can scan yr car or bike , if u keep something in a concealed manner they will stand by to ask to COME HERE!!! I also always in out MY I observe so much already...

SG u got nothing to smuggle into MY cos nothing u can get from here. But from MY to SG they r very careful cos a lot of things u can get from MY which sg dun have.....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2456814

Here someone say can... Called them they say cannot! I think better ask my friend to bring la... Actually from sg
To MY not so strict, unlike MY going into SG u can see on top those cameras I can say got x-ray effects in sg customs, very high tech... They can scan yr car or bike , if u keep something in a concealed manner they will stand by to ask to COME HERE!!! I also always in out MY I observe so much already...

SG u got nothing to smuggle into MY cos nothing u can get from here. But from MY to SG they r very careful cos a lot of things u can get from MY which sg dun have.....

you are right on " from sg to MY not so strict " . as i mention from my last post ...unless u very suay kena those on the ball custom officers . i ever try bringing fighting fish those " half moon " up the plane by hand carry was stop at changi airport :wink: before boarding the plane . i guess u better check with ava first .

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

you are right on " from sg to MY not so strict " . as i mention from my last post ...unless u very suay kena those on the ball custom officers . i ever try bringing fighting fish those " half moon " up the plane by hand carry was stop at changi airport :wink: before boarding the plane . i guess u better check with ava first .

Ok thks bro for the advise, btw what happen to u that time u kana stop? Tot hand carry cannot have water?...
Fighting fish is ok, cos arowana is CITIES controlled fish, it cost from few hundreds to few thousands, thats why they more strict for that, ask my friend to bring for me better... He face more fierce than mine:biggrin: