• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Mudlaysian highway will only charge Sinkie reg cars. Locals use for free!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now the Mudlaysian gahmen also know Sinkies are hopeless fat ducks. Always ready to be slaughtered...

blank.gif
Motoring @ AsiaOne
Unfair to only charge S'pore-registered cars at new Malaysia highway: MP

20111208.122502_ciq.jpg

A China Press report said last Saturday that only Singapore-registered cars heading to JB may have to pay for using the new highway. -AsiaOne

Wed, Mar 28, 2012
AsiaOne

SINGAPORE - Singaporean motorists may not accept being the only users liable to pay toll charges on a new highway in Malaysia, Mr Cedric Foo, a Member of Parliament, said on Tuesday.

Mr Cedric Foo, who chairs the Government Parliamentary Committee for Transport, was responding to a China Press report. The report quoted a source who said that only Singapore-registered cars heading to Johor Bahru via the Causeway may have to pay for using the new Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL).

On the other hand, Malaysian-registered cars entering and leaving Singapore may use the EDL for free.

Mr Foo told The Straits Times that it was unfair and "highly unusual" that the toll collection specifically targeted Singaporean motorists.

The Johor and federal authorities came up with the solution after an in-depth study, the source was quoted as saying in the China Press report.

The source added that the move would allow the highway developer to recover its costs and benefit the Johor residents.

It would be "justifiable" for Singapore to raise tolls for Malaysian cars if Malaysia raises the tolls just for Singapore-registered cars, Mr Foo added, just so that there is equitable treatment on both sides.

Currently drivers from both countries pay a one-way toll when driving from Singapore to Malaysia. Cars pay $1.20 at the Singapore complex and RM2.90 ($1.20) at the Malaysian complex.

Spanning 8.1km from Pandan to the CIQ complex in Johor Baru, it comprises a 4.4-km elevated stretch. It costs about RM 1.27 billion (S$521 million)

Once it is open to the public, the travelling time from the North-South Expressway at Pandan to the CIQ Complex is about 10 minutes during peak hours, as compared to 45 minutes when one uses Jalan Tebrau at present.

As the concessionaire, MRCB has the liberty to review the toll charges every three years at a rate of 10 per cent.

As the name implies, the EDL is built to disperse traffic from the main trunk road at Jalan Tebrau, which is one of the most congested roads in the state.

[email protected]

<tbody>
</tbody>

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cedric Foo should look at his own backyard before shouting "unfair". Who penalise ONLY Singaporeans' for not having 3/4 tanks when going thru the causeway.?

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are free to charge sinkie cars and sinkie are free not to use the highway. Whats the big fuss?

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
S. Govt: Hey why liddat, how come u want to screw Singapore drivers?

M. Govt: Why cannot, you f**kers also do the same to your citizens, dat's why we do it too.

S. Govt: Yah we know, but only we can screw them, not others, why you not do same to your citizens?

M. Govt: Cannot becos' if we do they demo and give us lots of headaches.

S. Govt: Liddat ah. Ok lah screw them, they like to be screwed anyway.

Poor Singaporeans' blood both government also want to suck. Looks like cannot escape these parasites both sides of the causeway.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sekali indo govt now thinking up ways to screw sinkies as well.......
sinkies go everywhere let others 'pai loti'

S. Govt: Hey why liddat, how come u want to screw Singapore drivers?

M. Govt: Why cannot, you f**kers also do the same to your citizens, dat's why we do it too.

S. Govt: Yah we know, but only we can screw them, not others, why you not do same to your citizens?

M. Govt: Cannot becos' if we do they demo and give us lots of headaches.

S. Govt: Liddat ah. Ok lah screw them, they like to be screwed anyway.

Poor Singaporeans' blood both government also want to suck. Looks like cannot escape these parasites both sides of the causeway.

jonngoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its still 'cheaP, cHeap, cheAp, ChEaP, CHEAP' no big deal; as RonRon pointed out its, willing buyer/willing seller.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Federal gahmen want to screw JB, the last time they proposed to charge Rm 20.00 Sickapoorean leaving JB
but JB was smart enough and did not fell for the trap. THis time around I hope JB will not fell for the same
trap laid by the Federal gahmen in KL.

If JB were to charge the high toll, JB will surely die, their busineses, golf resort can closed for good, the shopping and
F&B establishment will close shop, JB citizen will suffer!!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Federal gahmen want to screw JB, the last time they proposed to charge Rm 20.00 Sickapoorean leaving JB
but JB was smart enough and did not fell for the trap. THis time around I hope JB will not fell for the same
trap laid by the Federal gahmen in KL.

If JB were to charge the high toll, JB will surely die, their busineses, golf resort can closed for good, the shopping and
F&B establishment will close shop, JB citizen will suffer!!

Golf or go holiday those people will still go.
Only those go in for petrol and cigi will not bother to go in anymore.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean got no standard. Just don't go to Malaysia if you think the charge is unfair. Nobody forced Singaporean to go to Malaysia. You are free to go to Thailand or Indonesia.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the toll charges are coming from the road builders who are listed company... with the approval of the government.
I would assume too many people want a share of the collections.. so Sinkies pay.

Never take any Malaysian policy too seriously. Just look at how they wanted to implement the biometric finger printing causing the huge jam? The next thing i hear of is every Sinkie resident can do the MACs (annually RM30) and travel in and out without even needing to stamp the passport. Everything is trial and error here, flip-flops in policies is a norm. It is bad for their credibility but seriously.. the resulting long term policies are not necessarily worse than those who don't admit mistakes.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the toll charges are coming from the road builders who are listed company... with the approval of the government.
I would assume too many people want a share of the collections.. so Sinkies pay.

Never take any Malaysian policy too seriously. Just look at how they wanted to implement the biometric finger printing causing the huge jam? The next thing i hear of is every Sinkie resident can do the MACs (annually RM30) and travel in and out without even needing to stamp the passport. Everything is trial and error here, flip-flops in policies is a norm. It is bad for their credibility but seriously.. the resulting long term policies are not necessarily worse than those who don't admit mistakes.

I agree and that is why they lag behind Singapore with such people running the country. It is fortunate that they have so much resources otherwise the country would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cedric is a fucking fool who opens his mouth without knowing Singapore hospitals charge Malaysians higher than Singaporeans.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree and that is why they lag behind Singapore with such people running the country. It is fortunate that they have so much resources otherwise the country would have been bankrupt a long time ago.

The flip-flops in policies are not the reason for Malaysia lagging behind. In fact if you admit you implemented a poor policy and reverse it, it is better for the people compared to our esteemed PAP who can never be wrong.

The reason Malaysia is lagging behind is 1) Monies paid to corrupt politician 2) Feeding 20 million Mats whom otherwise have to be Pizza delivery boys

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The flip-flops in policies are not the reason for Malaysia lagging behind. In fact if you admit you implemented a poor policy and reverse it, it is better for the people compared to our esteemed PAP who can never be wrong.

The reason Malaysia is lagging behind is 1) Monies paid to corrupt politician 2) Feeding 20 million Mats whom otherwise have to be Pizza delivery boys

I said those people administering the country, not the flip flopping of policies. Flip flopping is because they make policies that are unsound which is one of the reasons for poor progress.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why target the "people" and not what they do?

m&ds are lazyfucks but you don't need a genius to implement sound policies. They made sound policies and poor policies. Flip-flop per say is not necessarily bad if the eventual policy is the better one. Your beloved PAP have a lot of high calibre people with the brightest minds but their policies are not all great. By not flip-flopping does not mean they made better policies. Singapore has more progress because people are more hardworking and the pool of talent is higher (including foreign talents :biggrin:)

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Your beloved PAP have a lot of high calibre people with the brightest minds but their policies are not all great ...
ya, man! ...

wrong oredi, stil want face ... say wat? not u-twurn, but re-tink woh! ...

fail oredi, stil want face ... say wat? not goal 2010, but vision woh! ...

n all other craps ...

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why target the "people" and not what they do?

m&ds are lazyfucks but you don't need a genius to implement sound policies. They made sound policies and poor policies. Flip-flop per say is not necessarily bad if the eventual policy is the better one. Your beloved PAP have a lot of high calibre people with the brightest minds but their policies are not all great. By not flip-flopping does not mean they made better policies. Singapore has more progress because people are more hardworking and the pool of talent is higher (including foreign talents :biggrin:)

I don't like to generalise and lump a race and condemn them as I believe there are good and bad in every race. Malaysia could have been far ahead of us as they have all the advantages Singapore did not enjoy. Who knows, when the fiat currencies finally collapse, they may be in a better position than us? I certainly will be the last to praise the Singapore government but we did make some progress thanks to the 1st generation of leaders and our forefathers.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[QUOTE=tanakow;1009051]Cedric Foo should look at his own backyard before shouting "unfair". Who penalise ONLY Singaporeans' for not having 3/4 tanks when going thru the causeway.?[/QUOTE]

Let me teach Cedric Foo something that the Malaysians will always remember him and Singaporeans will be most grateful to him. It is simple Cedric....

With immediate effect make all Singapore cars exempt from paying for ERP and other charges. Make the Malaysians and Thai vehicle owners pay a hefty price for its use.
Singaporeans will love you deep and the next election your party may win the election by a majority of 50.1.%.
You guys will have 5 more good years. Its worth trying, isn't it dearest cedric