• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global study

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global stu

Got to agree with u. Most of the crimes were committed by foreigners esp Indons.

With the influx of foreign Asian workers in Msia, at times we can hardly tell the diff between Malay, Indon, Mynmar, Cambodians. At times one have to scrutinise a full 5 minutes before i can actually identify their race.

But never judge a book by its cover. Especially just by glancing at it. :eek:Very very dangerous!:rolleyes:

This is where i disagree. A lot of crimes (especially car theft) are comitted by low life born and bred Johorean Chinese scums. It is too convenient to blame it on Indons. My Johorean neighbour even claimed that the mastermind of car thefts is a Singaporean! I asked him how he knew and whether he worked for that guy? But the guy who attempted to rob me was definitely a Johorean Chinese. And yes, for those who have doubt, the guy spoke to me in the accent tainted Johorean mandarin.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global stu

I took the trouble to reply ur post cos I find tat u r ok and not all ur post were racist in nature. No one race is perfect. And usually I dont bother to argue with tat particular troll who think so highly of his race.:rolleyes:

Back to ur mum's claim. Not tat i am being defensive. As I have said tere are thousands of Asian migrant workers in Msian. Maybe u can tell us how come ur mum so certain tat culprit is 100% Malay? Surely not by mere glance?

But if u were to tell me ur mum heard tat robber spoke in Malay accent. Then i have no further question lor.

Thanks for the clarification and understanding. No problem. My mom was brought up in Kampung Arang (Tanjung Rhu), if you know that area, yes, Malay side of town, growing up reciting satu, dua, tiga, empat, lima, enam, tujuh, lapan, sembilan, sepuluh, sebelas, seratus, seribu... She knows a Malay when she sees one.

Anyway, I intend no racial connotation or accusation. There're many Chinese thieves and robbers too. I'm just relating something that happened in Malaysia as per topic. There's a difference between Malaysia and Malay. If he happened to be Chinese, my mom would have told the police that he's Chinese too.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for the clarification and understanding. No problem. My mom was brought up in Kampung Arang (Tanjung Rhu), if you know that area, yes, Malay side of town, growing up reciting satu, dua, tiga, empat, lima, enam, tujuh, lapan, sembilan, sepuluh, sebelas, seratus, seribu... She knows a Malay when she sees one.

Anyway, I intend no racial connotation or accusation. There're many Chinese thieves and robbers too. I'm just relating something that happened in Malaysia as per topic. There's a difference between Malaysia and Malay. If he happened to be Chinese, my mom would have told the police that he's Chinese too.

I am not saying tat culprit is a Chinese. He could have been a foreigner tat look like a Malay.

Gosh..at times when I am in MRT or areas where teres alot of foreigners, I nearly mistook (glance) them for Malays but not until I heard them talk or have a good 1 min look at their faces before I realize they were Pinoys, Indons or even Thais.

Lets move on.....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is where i disagree. A lot of crimes (especially car theft) are comitted by low life born and bred Johorean Chinese scums. It is too convenient to blame it on Indons. My Johorean neighbour even claimed that the mastermind of car thefts is a Singaporean! I asked him how he knew and whether he worked for that guy? But the guy who attempted to rob me was definitely a Johorean Chinese. And yes, for those who have doubt, the guy spoke to me in the accent tainted Johorean mandarin.

Like I said teres no 1 perfect race.:smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The developers are building houses there like there is no tomorrow. My Malaysian friends and relatives say there are signs of "Little Singapore" developing in Iskandar.

Cynics may say Singaporeans are living in HDB-builit "pigeon holes" but there they are building "rabbit hutches" - albeit bigger rabbit hutches.

If u read today ST, they are bringing in Japanese investors @ 2000 of them. They are going to have a "Little Japan" township" at Taman Molek.

So now JB have Little Spore and Little japan. Security issue not tat bad as what people think lah.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wow this time round you really covered all angles huh? The thief even spoke to you. So i suppose he tried to rob you of your car? In that case he would be called a robber not a thief, a thief is someone that tries to relieve a person of his possessions without him being aware so just share the story of why this THIEF would speak to you.

FYI there are many foreigners that can speak mandarin in malaysia you sure he was a johorean chinese and not a foreigner?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like I said teres no 1 perfect race.:smile:

so why have i not ever seen you write that there are bad malays around? Most of the time you're always finding out ppl that mention malays in a bad light.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not saying tat culprit is a Chinese. He could have been a foreigner tat look like a Malay.

Gosh..at times when I am in MRT or areas where teres alot of foreigners, I nearly mistook (glance) them for Malays but not until I heard them talk or have a good 1 min look at their faces before I realize they were Pinoys, Indons or even Thais.

Lets move on.....

Hmm Tan-skinned person in johor that commits a crime, yeah what are the chances he's not a malay?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

so why have i not ever seen you write that there are bad malays around? Most of the time you're always finding out ppl that mention malays in a bad light.

Tot u are more literate than me. U dont ustand simple english. Let me repeat again...No One race is perfect.

Period.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually, Jah mentality is a curiosity to me. I as Chinese always feel flattery and superiority when I'm accused of of being racist, whether rightly or wrongly. You see, someone of another ethnicity must feel you superior in order to accuse you of being racist. You can't accuse your Pinoy maid or Bangla worker for being racist. Of course, I won't bully people of other ethnicity just for the fun or pride of it. In the ancient past it was Europeans who accused Chinese for calling them barbarians when China was on the ascendency. From the medieval past onwards, it's Chinese who's accusing Europeans of being racial supremists. See? Inferority complex at last resort, cite racism.

Last edited:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal

Safest country dah! Not safest city!!!!!

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysians feel the country is a more dangerous place to live in

By Susan Tam | Yahoo Newsroom*–*Wed, Jul 25, 2012a

Many Malaysians feel the country is becoming a ‘more dangerous’ place to live in.*

In a Yahoo! Malaysia poll run on the subject recently, over 80% of respondents said they felt the country was unsafe.

Only 3,000 out of about 20,000 polled felt the country was a safe place to live in.

Yahoo! Malaysia’s poll was created to gauge the reaction of the public to the spate of crimes in major cities lately.* In the past few weeks, there have been many reports of people being attacked and robbed in shopping malls as well as falling victim to snatch thieves.

The crimes that have especially shocked Malaysians include a recent attack on an elderly man in One Utama shopping mall, in Bandar Utama.* Most users reacted sympathetically to the victim and criticized the police force and security measures taken to protect citizens.

Facebook user Jack Jayprakash said that even if Malaysia had a million policemen, there would not be a reduction of crime.

“Malaysia policemen are busy catching people who never wear helmet, never tighten seatbelt and parked wrongly [sic],” he wrote.*

Meanwhile, James Hew defended shopping mall guards, calling Malaysians to be alert as there are many robberies happening at all times of the day.

Another attack that went viral on social media involved marketer Chin Xin-Ci, who was abducted and nearly raped in the Curve shopping mall in May.* She escaped miraculously and wrote a Facebook note warning other Malaysians to stay safe and alert when moving around in Kuala Lumpur.

Many citizens’ groups and opposition parties have responded to these violent attacks, pressuring the government to improve on security for Malaysians.*

However, Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein dismissed claims that crime is on the rise and instead blamed public perception for escalating fear.* However, the minister did admit that more needed to be done and that the government was ‘not in denial’ on public fear of crime.

The government agency - Performance and Management Delivery Unit (Pemandu) - also came to the authorities’ defence, claiming that the crime index had fallen.* The index measures the number of police reports lodged for certain types of crimes.* According to Pemandu, the index fell by 26.3% in the first six months of 2012 from the same period in 2009.*

The agency had assured Malaysians that many initiatives were being introduced, such as the Safe City programme, which involved installations of CCTVs and street lights to allay fears of crime.* More police personnel were also being deployed to patrol the streets.*

The government also decided to appoint a senior police officer to lead Pemandu’s anti-crime initiatives to co-ordinate anti-crime policies and on-ground police deployment.

Pemandu’s crime reduction NKRA director Eugene Teh said the mismatch between crime figures and fear could be explained partly by a time lag.*

“The fear actually grew because people are talking more about crime and they see more cops on the street,” he said, adding that Pemandu statistics show anti-crime initiatives were working.*

But Malaysians are not convinced.* Readers commenting on Yahoo! Malaysia’s stories are still angry.

Loke writes, “My wife was robbed twice but when she made police reports, she was told to write it as ‘lost’ instead of robbed. Why?”

Others blamed the lack of civic-mindedness among the public.* Snatch theft victim Tan Kim Chuan lay injured on the road after the robbery and was ignored by passers-by.*

Reader Kelly wrote, “While the snatch thieves were to be condemned, it was most disgusting to see five passer-bys being equally inhumane.* It is high time that Malaysians should be reminded to be more civic minded to help injured victims [sic].”

Others have suggestions, such as Redfaceindian, who asked why the police aren’t introducing crime watches, like in Singapore.

“The public can be the eyes for the police and those with information can be rewarded accordingly.* The crooks get caught, the informants are happy,” he said.

Some experts find social media partly to blame for the increased fear of crime.* In a Malaysiakini report, psychologist and criminologist Geshina Ayu Mat Saat said sharing experiences online was similar to group therapy, a method used to help people suffering from trauma.

But, she explained that with the viral nature of Facebook and Twitter, spreading crime stories raised fear amongst those who were not victims, making them feel vulnerable and anxious.