• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global study

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global stu

This is a true tale of one "considerate" Malaysian robber. My mother got robbed in Johor a few years ago. I wasn't at scene. My brother was driving her to Johor. At a petrol station, my brother left the car to make payment. My mother said suddenly a Malay guy opened the car door, grabbed her handbag and made off in his motorbike. The handbag cost about S$100 and there were about S$100 and RM300 cash in it with purse and NRIC.

Fortunately, her passport was with my brother. You know, when crossing customs, the driver usually holds the passenger's passport for convenience. When she returned to Singapore, her NRIC arrived in the letterbox. In a plain envelope, no message.

wow and the robber is a malay robber. i'm sure lemans won't be complaining to you about racism. :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Mudlaysia awarded "safest country in SEA, 19th safest in the world" in global stu

ze measurement comprises 23 indicators ... including military expenditure, relations wif nayboring countries, respect 4 human rites, levels of democracy n transparency, education, national wellbeing etc. ...

no tanks 2 dat 154th who chooses 2 publish n hilite oni crimes n unrests dat occurs in msia ... li'l wonder dat 1st ting dat cums 2 sinkies mind about peace in msia is dat iz crime-infested n evrywhere r cowboy towns ...

global peace index measures a lot mor tings dan mere petty crimes ...

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal

My toes are laughing, for evidently they have not gone physically to experience Malaysia's "hospitality."

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Btw you mentioned it's thanks to the chinese 2ics that make crime lesser in sg. I didn't know about that shows me how malays are even more beh kan.

typo?

malaysia crimes are no more than singapore when u compare it to per capita. at least msia polis fight real crime with professionals while spore mata make do with conscripts. spore not no crime, it just that it mostly petty crimes that dont make it to the headlines. There plenty of crimes remain unsolve since independent. until now, the bukit batok rapist case still pending, u know how many bodies pull out of spore water each year by PCG and remain unsolved?

one thing about kopi money by msia TP, just act blur and dont pay. most likely the TP will let u go to save trouble without even issuing a ticket to u.

Ganesha

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I only feel safe when I'm inside the hotel, other than that, better be alert.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

070722_ss_policeofficer.jpg

It's so peaceful in Spore that the police can sleep on the job:biggrin:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At least in Singapore you won't find robbers with parangs and guns coming into the shop to demand for money that often.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IsRWxdRUNeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vo2yIPUty80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v9cwyMNt2-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0UUXRRqhuC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rw5J3_iRY30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How can Malaysia be the 'safest'? Safest in what? Till now I still hear of robberies, kidnappings etc in KL alone. Was even advised that 'rich' people prefer to live in Condominiums instead of landed property due to security etc..so what do they based their findings and conclusions on? Maybe with 3rd world neighbours like Indon and Philippines?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r2khZ9CxI-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They are many more, but you get the picture.
the last one is a clown. LOL:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for the link. This proves the survey is rubbish.

Go take a look especially at the last few categories. Like ease of access to small arms and light weapons. Now all male citizens of sg are taught to fire weapons but do they have easier access to small arms? Of course not. I would say it's easier for a malaysian to get a pistol to commit robbery compared to a sinkie.

compare likelihood of violent crime and so on mudland scores higher. SG's lower ranking is all due to the army which pulled it down like
aggregated number of heavy weapons per 100k ppl which it got 3.5 vs 1 for mudland. In places like iraq or afghanistan for eg that obviously means something since that means their citizens are heavily armed to fight with the enemies, in sg of course not since those heavy arms are owned by the army and not for individual citizens to use to fight with the police or the state for eg. So yes this survey isn't very accurate.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This survey is really contradictory..

Mudland scored higher for the following:
- number of homicides per 100k
- violent crimes
- violent demonstrations

Yet we are penalised for "Number of jailed population per 100k..."?? Huh? WTF?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This survey is really contradictory..

Mudland scored higher for the following:
- number of homicides per 100k
- violent crimes
- violent demonstrations

Yet we are penalised for "Number of jailed population per 100k..."?? Huh? WTF?

Seems like they don't like so many ppl to be jailed. This makes it look like a police state. Anyway mudland has a bigger population than singapore therefore it's not really fair. Percentage wise sg might have more ppl in jailed but that's probably a good thing in that violent criminals are kept off the streets.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a true tale of one "considerate" Malaysian robber. My mother got robbed in Johor a few years ago. I wasn't at scene. My brother was driving her to Johor. At a petrol station, my brother left the car to make payment. My mother said suddenly a Malay guy opened the car door, grabbed her handbag and made off in his motorbike. The handbag cost about S$100 and there were about S$100 and RM300 cash in it with purse and NRIC.

Fortunately, her passport was with my brother. You know, when crossing customs, the driver usually holds the passenger's passport for convenience. When she returned to Singapore, her NRIC arrived in the letterbox. In a plain envelope, no message.

U mean tat guy told your mum hes a Malay?:rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U mean tat guy told your mum hes a Malay?:rolleyes:

Seriously i really have to question your intelligence.:rolleyes: How does his mum know he's a malay? Chances are he has tanned skin, curly hair and a malay face etc.

Maybe his mum was being racist and mistook him for a malay in malaysia. Yes it was probably a tanned skinned chinese, a thai, a filippino, a mexican or *insert any tanned skinned race person inside*. Yeah that must have been it.

FYI a malay's facial features look different from a dark skinned thai's for eg unless he's a southern thai in which case he could be genetically malay.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Seriously i really have to question your intelligence.:rolleyes: How does his mum know he's a malay? Chances are he has tanned skin, curly hair and a malay face etc.

Maybe his mum was being racist and mistook him for a malay in malaysia. Yes it was probably a tanned skinned chinese, a thai, a filippino, a mexican or *insert any tanned skinned race person inside*. Yeah that must have been it.

If u said so. :smile: