• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

After profits plunge, SQ ask pilots to take no pay leave

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very funny. Why no one asking top management to take no pay leave or to take deep cut salary?

maxpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
No pilots =Airline cannot fly
No Cabin Crew =Airline cannot fly
No management =Airline can still fly.

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a shortage of pilots on a global basis
those pilots will just leave forever from SQ
SQ is a damn lousy paymaster
During SARS, it asked staff to take pay cuts and sacked some, but when good times returned, it never got back those sacked ones and compensated those remaining ones
In Cathay, the management reinstated the salaries of those staff whose pay was cut during SARS and even compensated them
These days, Singapore does not seem to be doing the right things or do things right !
Is this the beginning of Singapore's decline?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is a shortage of pilots on a global basis
those pilots will just leave forever from SQ
SQ is a damn lousy paymaster
During SARS, it asked staff to take pay cuts and sacked some, but when good times returned, it never got back those sacked ones and compensated those remaining ones
In Cathay, the management reinstated the salaries of those staff whose pay was cut during SARS and even compensated them
These days, Singapore does not seem to be doing the right things or do things right !
Is this the beginning of Singapore's decline?

Used to know a Spore gal who was turned down by SIA but she managed to get a job at Cathay. She's now married to some angmo & not living in Spore:smile:

People have been leaving Spore for decades & nothing has changed. I'm one of those who got a foreign degree & 90% of the guys I knew had plans to turn in their passport. Looking back many of them are much happier while I'm in sammyboy complaining about what I see in Spore:(