• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blogger - I gave permission to Pritam to quote from my blog

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last Thursday, Aljunied GRC MP Pritam Singh made a speech calling for an ombudsman here during the Prime Minister's Office Committee of Supply debate.

The fact that Mr Singh's speech was largely identical to a 2008 blog post on the same topic has since caused a buzz among netizens. Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean, too, remarked that he "was struck by how remarkably similar" Mr Singh's speech was to the blog post, when he responded to Mr Singh's suggestion in Parliament.

When contacted, Mr Singh referred this reporter to the same blog where the author had posted on Wednesday: "I note that there has been some discussion about Workers' Party MP Pritam Singh and my post 'Time for an Ombudsman'.

"For the record, Pritam contacted me for permission to use some of my text. I told him to go ahead with my blessings. No acknowledgements were necessary. I am happy he found my thoughts useful. Let's keep our eyes on the bigger picture."

Independent scholar Derek da Cunha told Today that "politicians using someone else's ideas is not a new phenomenon".

- http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120309-0000008/Should-MPs-attribute-comments-to-sources?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's keep our eyes on the bigger picture.

Focus people focus!

hi there

1. hahaha!
2. this is proven that daft sheep are either blind or have not done any homework before it blahs again.
3. putting its head again between its hinge legs.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The kind blogger already clarified that he gave Mr Pritam permission to quote from his blog... Case closed.. End of story.. The 60% CB kias need not make a big fuss over this matter anymore...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually most of the 60% didnt bat an eyelid but it the self proclaim political analyst that keep the flame going plus ppl with agenda against the WP.

the green monster inside him cannot bear the fact those politic newbies are in parliment to partipate in parlimentary debate while he can only debate in sbf.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
"For the record, Pritam contacted me for permission to use some of my text. I told him to go ahead with my blessings. No acknowledgements were necessary. I am happy he found my thoughts useful."

Case closed.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nax time, if eva any burger steal anyting from here, dey muz oso state their sos as sammyboy.com ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When contacted, Mr Singh referred this reporter to the same blog where the author had posted on Wednesday: "I note that there has been some discussion about Workers' Party MP Pritam Singh and my post 'Time for an Ombudsman'.

"For the record, Pritam contacted me for permission to use some of my text. I told him to go ahead with my blessings. No acknowledgements were necessary. I am happy he found my thoughts useful. Let's keep our eyes on the bigger picture."

Independent scholar Derek da Cunha told Today that "politicians using someone else's ideas is not a new phenomenon".

- http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120309-0000008/Should-MPs-attribute-comments-to-sources?

Any more question about plagiarism or integrity, Cpt. GMS?

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any more question about plagiarism or integrity, Cpt. GMS?

Hey, this "revelation" by the blogger was already 2 days ago. I already saw it 2 days ago. You think the chap didn't know this, given that it is probably a net addict and also keep monitoring among several sites, Pritam FB to "catch" stuff.

You said it was soft hearted, why don't you try softening but not squashing the insect.

Last edited:

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pritam has the right to divulge or not to divulge his source. The author already gave his permission.