• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which chump said that SQ girls very pretty in the past?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cathay theme reminds me of love boat theme....
Love boat reminds me of sex boat

Yes I remember watching that series which ran in the mid 80's. Wouldn't be surprise if Paul Williams "borrowed" from Barry White's 1972 "Love's Theme" :biggrin:

Back then it was still hollywood's golden era when the music was as memorable as the series.

Sarcastic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think the original ad is on youtube. Probably a copy right issue of ownership or because it's very old? For example I can't find some of the older Levis ads which was shown in those years:(

Even to this day whenever I hear the music, I think of Cathay Pacific. For decades I didn't even know that it was written by Barry White. I bet people of my generation also feel the same:o

The Japanese who remade it with his photos + the original ad using Windows Movie Maker then uploaded it has this to say.

縦横比を修正し、再度羽田まで行って写真を撮影して完成しました。7割くらいが自分で撮影した写真になりました。自分にとってこの曲とキャセイパシフィックの飛行機は切っ*ても切れない関係なのです。 ↓ブログ記事をご覧下さい。

Google Translation :rolleyes:

Was completed to modify the aspect ratio, taking pictures again went to Haneda. Now about 70% of photos taken by yourself. Cathay Pacific airplane is a relationship and this song is inseparable for me.Please see the blog post.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/shinjin3822/archives/51023825.html

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have to disagree about leaving the dead alone.

As long as the last leaf is still around you can be sure that he will sue to protect his secrets. Only when he ups the lorry, can people start to look for the "hard truths" of his regime:wink:

Don't forget his promise to come back from his grave. better watch out. Up lorry also not safe.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this the one:

No it isn't. I remember that in the old ad the music was more prominent. That's why many remember the music theme so vividly.

Also there were some words in english. The Japanese ad is too long for an advertisement but still nice:smile:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget his promise to come back from his grave. better watch out. Up lorry also not safe.

Don't worry lah.
As a politician LKY has made many promises he doesn't intend to keep:wink: Even if it was possible his dear Gecko is unlikely to let him return once he rejoins her:smile:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember that in the old ad the music was more prominent. .....Also there were some words in english.
This ad is from 1980, the music seems much more prominent to me, and there are a few words in English, both spoken and printed, together with some Japanese:

[video=youtube;BDn4SAoSljU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDn4SAoSljU[/video]

So is that the one you remember?
If not, I'll keep searching... just for fun! haha

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who looks better than Ho Ching is considered chio.

We must listen to our great leeder LKY and not choose woman based on only her looks.

The fuglier the better. Like that Pinoy madam who was murdered in Summer Hotel.

pic9.jpg

At least they lead by example..him and his son both married FUGLY wives

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard that LHL's 1st wife was pretty. She was driven to suicide because the Lee's blamed her for having an albino son.

ssshhh!! urban legend, urban legend...like he slap that short darkie also urban legend..You want their 'law yaw' to send letter to SAM for your contact or apologize SAM has to apologize... ha ha ha ha