• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

I already did. There are 2 authorities involved. First one recommends and the second one approves. Apparently, the 30k levy is already recommended and in the hands of the approving body.

Now, this is my lawyers personal opinion - given that the levy has not been revised for a long time and the property prices have gone up significantly, the approval will most likely go through.

Also, based on her past experience in terms of how long it take for approval to go through and implemented, she is estimating June. Of course the outcome and timing may be totally different.

I can see why UEM is being a bit discrete. They do not want to cause panic and resulting flurry of enquiries. Let's just hope that they sort this out sooner than later.

Thanks for your reply IskandarRocks. Did you ask your lawyer whether or not all of us, the early purchasers, can claim the difference from UEM if we really end up having to pay RM30k instead of RM10k?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for your reply IskandarRocks. Did you ask your lawyer whether or not all of us, the early purchasers, can claim the difference from UEM if we really end up having to pay RM30k instead of RM10k?

I am sure you can always claim if your additional expense is caused by unreasonable delay on their part. My personal view is, in case we are all hit by this additional amount, UEM should take care of at least a part of it, over and above the interest saving. The reason why I believe is that UEM enjoys a very strong brand name in Singapore. Their units are selling without any marketing efforts whatsoever. I am sure they will do their level best to uphold their image, particularly with the increasing competition in Iskandar by players like Sunway, IJM, etc.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for your reply IskandarRocks.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

I bought a phase 8 terrace, and wondering about the delay too. Glad to read good info here. Looks like I am not alone in worrying why the developer doesn't want my money. :smile:

It EL does get the exemption on foreign ownership limit same as Medini, doesn't this imply further appreciation in the value of EL? What about LH?

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I bought a phase 8 terrace, and wondering about the delay too. Glad to read good info here. Looks like I am not alone in worrying why the developer doesn't want my money. :smile:

It EL does get the exemption on foreign ownership limit same as Medini, doesn't this imply further appreciation in the value of EL? What about LH?

Hi Matix,
Yup I believe that the value of our homes in East Ledang will be further enhanced if there is no foreign ownership limit. Not sure whether they are applying the same for LH though.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana Community

Hi neighbours in East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana.
Lets gather here and form a community for easy sharing of information/issues/problems/complaints etc.
Group complain/s can be arranged easily in future if we have good number of neighbours gathering here.

From the list, there are quite a few of us here in this forum;

Investor (East Ledang)
Jogs1 (East Ledang)
captainjones (East Ledang)
Wiseguy (East Ledang)
East539's Sis & Bro in law (East Ledang)
Lynn (East Ledang)
IskandarRocks (East Ledang)
Leisure (East Ledang)
linked (East Ledang)
investjb (Ujana)
limmcd (Ujana)
Blue_S (Ujana)
fairies (Ledang Heights)
mallow (Ledang Heights)
Diaspora (Impiana)
Matix (East Ledang)

Adding myself to the club...

Kenken

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Kenken,
Welcome to our community. Is your unit for own stay? Are you Singaporean?

Thanks Investor.
Actually wanted to use for own stay but I am not driving.
Think can't travel back to sg everyday.
So might rent out save for retirement home. Lol
I am Singaporean.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Day All,

When will Ujana really be ready ?

I hear that there is an item in the S&P contract that states 3 years completion - failing which Developer will reimburse Buyer "10% of Purchase Price divide by 365 days',..time number of days' delay",..or something like that <-is this a Fact ? How to enforce ? Thanks

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
My agent told me that development delayed in the earlier EL phase 2. UEM did honor the contract and compensation were carried out to the purchasers.

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get the contacts from UEM service dept. there are 2 drawings (building and M&E)
I got the M&E from Jurutera budiman and the other from Razin Architect.
Small fee but my ID paid for it.

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed, drop by the other day and saw it growing fast. Good buy :smile:

Don't think it's on schedule. Some early birds who have signed the SPA, would be getting compensation.
There was a moment when there was no activity at the construction site. The crane has been removed. They are now doing some internal wet works and painting on different floors. I've got a good view of it from my home. Knowing UEM, it will be another 6 more months until it's ready for moving in (just my view!)

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Day All,

When will Ujana really be ready ?

I hear that there is an item in the S&P contract that states 3 years completion - failing which Developer will reimburse Buyer "10% of Purchase Price divide by 365 days',..time number of days' delay",..or something like that <-is this a Fact ? How to enforce ? Thanks

UEM compensated me for my EL home. They calculate the date from the signing of your SPA until the they they print the letter of handover. Do note that the letter of handover may take it's snail pace to get to owners. The compensation helped with my house reno -hehe