• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Runaway criminal expats - Heads must roll in the Home Team

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Disgusted to read that another violent ang moh FT is allowed by the FT-loving Home Team to run away and for the ang moh tua kee Home Team taking so long to investigate the matter. After another violent ang moh FT ran away in the middle of last year, why didn’t the appropriate squad in the Home Team (the police force or immigration department, or both?) take action to ensure it didn’t happen again, and to hurry the case along. Really, for two out of three suspects in an assault case to be allowed to run away while the case drags on, is a cock-up and outrage of major proportions. (BTW, looks like the mat salleh FT (from Oz) that got jailed is really, really very stupid. No brains to run away. So much for the “T” standing for “Talent”*? At least the other two violent ang moh FTs had the talent to run away.)

- http://atans1.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/heads-must-roll-in-the-home-team/

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think the 2 who got away relied on the AMTK policy..

Yes the AngMoh TuaKee.. KNN.. we really become "First World Joke "
FT trash would like to Thank 60% of Sinkaporeans...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Bail is granted by a judge not the police force. The judge also makes the decision whether or not to impound travel documents. You can't blame the poodles for a judicial decision.

They could have to shoulder a portion of the blame only if they did not oppose the bail application.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bail is granted by a judge not the police force. The judge also makes the decision whether or not to impound travel documents. You can't blame the poodles for a judicial decision.

They could have to shoulder a portion of the blame only if they did not oppose the bail application.

Nonsense. When i was under investigation for very very minor case, I seek permit fm IO for day trip to JB.
Answer was flat NO. Guessed i was bullied. I was not even flight risk. Its BIG BULLY.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thats why we call it the Kangaroo's Court...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nonsense. When i was under investigation for very very minor case, I seek permit fm IO for day trip to JB.
Answer was flat NO. Guessed i was bullied. I was not even flight risk. Its BIG BULLY.

That's during the period of investigation. Once charges are laid and you appear before the court, bail and the associated conditions are decided by the judge after hearing requests from the defense and any opposition to bail from the prosecution.

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need facts: Visit Criminal Justice Division's Online Help Centre

Who can grant bail?
The Court, a police officer who is not below the rank of sergeant and other law enforcement officers are empowered to grant bail.

When can an accused be released on bail?
An accused may be offered police bail after his arrest and before he is charged in Court. Once the accused is formally charged in Court and until the case is concluded, the police bail granted may be extended or fresh bail may be offered at the first mention by the Court.

Once bail is granted, the accused would be remanded until the bail bond is executed. If the bail offered is not processed within the same day, the accused would be remanded (imprisoned) until his next appearance in Court unless someone agrees to stand bail for him.

If a person agrees to be the bailor, he would have to go to the Bail Centre during its processing hours. The accused would be released from remand once the bail is furnished.

How is the amount of bail decided?
The amount of bail is at the Court's discretion. When bail is offered by the Court, the Prosecuting Officer may suggest an amount for the bail sum. If the accused or his counsel is of the view that the amount is too high, he may make a counter-proposal. The Court may proceed to hear arguments from both sides before determining the amount.

Some relevant factors considered by the Court are:

· the nature and gravity of the offence(s) charged
· the severity and degree of punishment which the conviction may entail
· the character, means and standing of the accused
· whether the accused is a first offender or has a previous conviction, etc.

Seriously $25K bail is a joke for those rich Ang Mohs.